Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

How much is an 04 Maggi V worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Sounds like a clean car. Forgot you guys have all kinds of strict emissions on your cars over there in Cali.

I wouldn't worry so much about the blower or anything else for that matter. Pretty sure it has a self contained oiling system that doesn't need to be changed but every 30k+ miles unless you're spinning it hard constantly. Its the same style blower as the eaton that comes on the 03 cobras and ford suggests to change the supercharger oil every 90k... lol

Sounds like an older guy that had this as a little toy/cruiser and it sounds like he paid to have it all done right. Considering the blower alone is 6k and the car has fairly low miles, doubt you will have much luck getting it for below $22k. $25k was a pretty reasonable starting price but i'm sure he would work with you a little.
Got him to 23k, but he doesn't check his emails very often so he hasn't called me yet! I was supposed to go take a look at it today. But like said, haven't heard from him since last night.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by z28poweredlt1
Got him to 23k, but he doesn't check his emails very often so he hasn't called me yet! I was supposed to go take a look at it today. But like said, haven't heard from him since last night.
Honestly, $23k isnt a bad price. Im always looking for a bargain so i would push for more if possible... lol but thats not bad man.

I saw a silver 04-05 V with 40k or so miles and the same blower sell on another forum about 4-5 months back for $24k up north somewhere.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

$23k on a V with no warranty? No thanks. You should be able to get that car for 20k or some similar.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SkullV
$23k on a V with no warranty? No thanks. You should be able to get that car for 20k or some similar.
Prices don't work the same in socal as they do in other states! Sides it would be tough to find one with a warranty as they're all running up about this time!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Honestly, $23k isnt a bad price. Im always looking for a bargain so i would push for more if possible... lol but thats not bad man.

I saw a silver 04-05 V with 40k or so miles and the same blower sell on another forum about 4-5 months back for $24k up north somewhere.
Headed out to take a look at the car in a few minutes. Should be back in a couple of hours.

I guess he's been responding to my emails, I'm just not getting them for whatever reason.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Prices don't work the same in socal as they do in other states! Sides it would be tough to find one with a warranty as they're all running up about this time!
Its nearly impossible to find an 04/05 with a warranty now and for the price you spend on an aftermarket warranty, might as well save your money and fix the car out of pocket if it breaks. Warranty is a waste of money IMO unless it comes free with the car. And... most factory warranty's are voided after modding and even the extended packages you pay big money for have their limitations. Just because you have a warranty, doesnt mean if something breaks that i will definitely be covered when your car is modded anyway.

Let us know what you think after looking at it. Considering its an older couple that own it and it has low miles, highly doubt you will have any problems out of it. Im sure he doesnt have it boosted to the moon so im sure everything is still in excellent shape.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its nearly impossible to find an 04/05 with a warranty now and for the price you spend on an aftermarket warranty, might as well save your money and fix the car out of pocket if it breaks. Warranty is a waste of money IMO unless it comes free with the car. And... most factory warranty's are voided after modding and even the extended packages you pay big money for have their limitations. Just because you have a warranty, doesnt mean if something breaks that i will definitely be covered when your car is modded anyway.
If you have the right dealer it does. With my nitrous kit, headers, tune, etc. on the car I had my motor mounts replaced under warranty with creative steel mounts, my clutch replaced under warranty with an LS7 kit, and a diff replaced. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, until there is an AFFORDABLE differential solution for these cars a warranty is a must (unless you like replacing $1600 differentials made of glass).
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SkullV
If you have the right dealer it does. With my nitrous kit, headers, tune, etc. on the car I had my motor mounts replaced under warranty with creative steel mounts, my clutch replaced under warranty with an LS7 kit, and a diff replaced. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, until there is an AFFORDABLE differential solution for these cars a warranty is a must (unless you like replacing $1600 differentials made of glass).
Thats awesome but rare! Dealers around here try to avoid doing warranty work for any tiny reason they can find. It sucks and its crap IMO but what can ya do?

And yeah, i dont know what i would do if my diff went out. Pretty sure my car still has the 04/05 diff and the extra (newer diff) that came with the car is 04/05 as well. I need to sell both and get the 06-up diff or beef one of these ones up before i start really rippin on it.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought mine last year CPO with the extended warranty till june 2011....From my tally ive had 5-6k dollars worth of warranty work done between a new diff, completely new NAV system, steering linkage, motor mounts, clutch and pressure plate, and im sure a few other small things. plus i only paid 1k extra for the warranty and if i paid 4k it still would have paid for itself.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Bought mine last year CPO with the extended warranty till june 2011....From my tally ive had 5-6k dollars worth of warranty work done between a new diff, completely new NAV system, steering linkage, motor mounts, clutch and pressure plate, and im sure a few other small things. plus i only paid 1k extra for the warranty and if i paid 4k it still would have paid for itself.
Whats the limitations on mileage for the aftermarket warranties anyway? Less than 100k a must or does it matter?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

So I found my V! Car is exceptionally clean. Very well maintained. Owner is **** about everything. The original owner of the car was there two, they're next door neighbors.

Car wasn't the original mock up car for Maggie, it was the fitment vehicle for the first CA emissions version.

Not even thinking twice about the price or lack of waranty. It would be hard pressed to find a car that was better taken care of.

I'll post pics when I pick up the car. Need to clear the bank first. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Cheers and thanks guys!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

So I found my V! Car is exceptionally clean. Very well maintained. Owner is **** about everything. The original owner of the car was there two, they're next door neighbors.

Car wasn't the original mock up car for Maggie, it was the fitment vehicle for the first CA emissions version.

Not even thinking twice about the price or lack of waranty. It would be hard pressed to find a car that was better taken care of.

I'll post pics when I pick up the car. Need to clear the bank first. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Cheers and thanks guys!
Sweet man! Sounds good! Post some pics when you get it for sure!!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats man, you're gonna love it.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably has the 3.0" pulley. If it's got the original diff, it's a creampuff. Put the DSS axles on and a Gen III/IV diff, and you'll be just fine.

I've got 48k on my car, 13k with the maggie, and I wouldn't sell for <$25k.

Good luck whatever you do.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats the limitations on mileage for the aftermarket warranties anyway? Less than 100k a must or does it matter?
6yr from date the car was put in service(for my car was June 05) or 100k miles. Im at 48k miles and itll run out June 2011.

Quick Reply: How much is an 04 Maggi V worth?