Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

How much is an 04 Maggi V worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is an 04 Maggi V worth?

Found a 04 CTSV with 40k miles on it, it's magnacharged(not sure how many miles the charger has been on). I'm still waiting from an email back to find out what other mods it has like headers/exhaust etc.

Just wondering a ballpark on what this would be worth before I offer?

It's black on black, stock wheels powdercoated black, which was mod#1 for me once I got a v.

I'll see if I can get some more details on the car itself ASAP.

What do you think?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Prolly not much more than a stock V....you never get your money out of your mods....whats the asking price?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nikon
Prolly not much more than a stock V....you never get your money out of your mods....whats the asking price?
25k but negotiable.

Private party KBB in my area is 24k. I was about to buy a plane ticket to fly to washington to pick up an 05 with 31k miles for 19k. But I think I may just spend a couple bills and buy the local maggi if it's not to molested.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eh, thats always my worry with a pre-modified car...who did the work, was it ragged on (probably since modified, although not always the case)...you could always try a low offer and see what he counters with...worth a shot.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

I prefer to buy modded most of the time to save money that the other person has already spent. Obviously if the car is blown or on nitrous you would want to take a closer look but a lot of guys willing to spend big money on modding their cars like that are also a lot more careful so they dont mess them up. It can go either way really so its hard to say just cause a car is modded that its been ragged and just because a car is stock that its been babied. Could be the complete opposite.

IMO, if you find a nice modded car with the things you want on it for the same price, why buy one stock just to lose all that money modding it yourself?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, if its modded you save a ton of money and time.....only time it would turn me off is if he was running it to the brink of what the motor can take, heads/cam nitrous etc..approaching what the motor can hold. A maggie and long tubes isnt really stressing the stock motor out too much so I wouldnt be worried, every car you buy used has been ragged on in some way whether it be lack of maintenance or spirited driving, you never really know. If you buy the first thing I would do is take it for a dynotune to make sure its all legit....people do stupid **** sometimes and its easy insurance to make sure it wasnt tuned wrong.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
i agree, if its modded you save a ton of money and time.....only time it would turn me off is if he was running it to the brink of what the motor can take, heads/cam nitrous etc..approaching what the motor can hold. A maggie and long tubes isnt really stressing the stock motor out too much so i wouldnt be worried, every car you buy used has been ragged on in some way whether it be lack of maintenance or spirited driving, you never really know. If you buy the first thing i would do is take it for a dynotune to make sure its all legit....people do stupid **** sometimes and its easy insurance to make sure it wasnt tuned wrong.
+1...
Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

especially the overnight HPTUNERS experts who think internet forums are 100% true.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

especially the overnight HPTUNERS experts who think internet forums are 100% true.
Lol! I know people that have bought that program and tried tuning their own cars with it thinking they would save some $$. It takes more than having the program to be able to tune a car PROPERLY.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

I agree, if its modded you save a ton of money and time.....only time it would turn me off is if he was running it to the brink of what the motor can take, heads/cam nitrous etc..approaching what the motor can hold. A maggie and long tubes isnt really stressing the stock motor out too much so I wouldnt be worried, every car you buy used has been ragged on in some way whether it be lack of maintenance or spirited driving, you never really know. If you buy the first thing I would do is take it for a dynotune to make sure its all legit....people do stupid **** sometimes and its easy insurance to make sure it wasnt tuned wrong.
exactly, i really don't think a maggie/headers is very extreme at all, but then again I daily drove a H/C/I/E firebird in los angeles traffic for a while.

I would never personally buy a maggie for my car only because there are more cost effective ways to get power. But!

As far as beating on the cars, there aren't a lot of people who drive there cars as hard as I do. I wouldn't say that I beat on them, I just drive them the way I build them. I'm generally a very very very mellow driver, but when I find one of those freeway onramps that are 270 degrees around, I tend to drift the entire things. Elegantly, but still, most of the people I know call that "beating" on a car. So I'm not terrrribly worried about that. I'll ask, and if he's honest than thats just brownie points for him because thats one more thing I know about the car I may be buying.

I sort of think this is the wife's car, because the original e-mail return I got was "let me forward this to my husband".

Anyways, thanks guys. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by z28poweredlt1
exactly, i really don't think a maggie/headers is very extreme at all, but then again I daily drove a H/C/I/E firebird in los angeles traffic for a while.

I would never personally buy a maggie for my car only because there are more cost effective ways to get power. But!

As far as beating on the cars, there aren't a lot of people who drive there cars as hard as I do. I wouldn't say that I beat on them, I just drive them the way I build them. I'm generally a very very very mellow driver, but when I find one of those freeway onramps that are 270 degrees around, I tend to drift the entire things. Elegantly, but still, most of the people I know call that "beating" on a car. So I'm not terrrribly worried about that. I'll ask, and if he's honest than thats just brownie points for him because thats one more thing I know about the car I may be buying.

I sort of think this is the wife's car, because the original e-mail return I got was "let me forward this to my husband".

Anyways, thanks guys. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Sounds like its prob a solid car for a pretty good price then. I say buy it and be miles ahead mods wise with that blower already on it.

As far as ragging on a car, as long as youre not red lining it constantly, you keep up with your maintenance and you have common sense, no worries. Spirited driving is a good thing every now and then. Drive the car like youre going to drive it. Keeps the carbon off the valves...

I baby mine for the most part just because i spend a lot of time on the highway and in town, i dont really run the rpm's up over about 2500 or so but i throw some spirited driving in there every now and then.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maggies can make good power and a lot fo people love them, but i could find more ways to spend 6k on a car then that, its all personal preference i guess. but the money they get you for is amazing. Id do a twin STS kit for 6k before id do a maggie. But im poor so ill go with the budget nitrous kit with all the goodies for under 2k installed for the same or more power as a maggie.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Maggies can make good power and a lot fo people lvoe them, but i could find more ways to spend 6k on a car then that, its all personal preference i guess but the money they get your for is amazing. Id do a twin STS kit for 6k before i did a maggie. But im poor so ill go with the budget nitrous kit with all the goodies for under 2k installed for the same or more power as a maggie.
Im poor too... i have the same plans... lol
Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Gonna go take a look at the car tomorrow. Got an e-mail back but not a list of mods yet

Hopefully it's not to molested! Hope it has cats and stock exhaust!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Just got an email back about the mods to the car:

Stock manifolds, with Magnuson blower

* Am I the original owner? No, I bought it from my next door neighbor/business partner
* How long has the supercharger been installed? Since 2004
* Who installed the supercharger? Magnuson, they used the car for a CARB aproved kit development and fitment (stock
* Who tuned the car once the blower was installed? Magnuson - John Germanson
* Are there any known issues with the car? A couple of computer issues regarding driver presets, dealer reflashed
* Is there any existing warranty left on the car? no

are there any other modifications done to the car aside from the supercharger? BMR suspension kit, trans brace, Hotchkiss sway bar
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

sounds like a guinea pig for one of the first versions of the maggie developed for the V, personally id pass on it since it the first kit i dont really like that but who knows. doesnt sound like a real good deal to me, most id pay was 20k since its not really modded per se, and its got about 30k miles on the maggie(not real sure how long they go before they need a rebuild).
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Man, 25k for a V with a maggie and 40k on the ODO. I gotta get my 55k maggied 05 up forsale Thats half a 09 V right there!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

sounds like a guinea pig for one of the first versions of the maggie developed for the V, personally id pass on it since it the first kit i dont really like that but who knows. doesnt sound like a real good deal to me, most id pay was 20k since its not really modded per se, and its got about 30k miles on the maggie(not real sure how long they go before they need a rebuild).
I'll call maggie and get the 411 on the car. How long the chargers go before rebuilds and the extent of the mock up on the car. I don't think it was the first kit, I think it was the first california legal kit.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

I was going to buy this car...offered him 21k cash and he never returned my e-mail. I also was skeptical since it was used for R&D. Looks like a clean car though.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds like a clean car. Forgot you guys have all kinds of strict emissions on your cars over there in Cali.

I wouldn't worry so much about the blower or anything else for that matter. Pretty sure it has a self contained oiling system that doesn't need to be changed but every 30k+ miles unless you're spinning it hard constantly. Its the same style blower as the eaton that comes on the 03 cobras and ford suggests to change the supercharger oil every 90k... lol

Sounds like an older guy that had this as a little toy/cruiser and it sounds like he paid to have it all done right. Considering the blower alone is 6k and the car has fairly low miles, doubt you will have much luck getting it for below $22k. $25k was a pretty reasonable starting price but i'm sure he would work with you a little.

Quick Reply: How much is an 04 Maggi V worth?