Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Finally!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!!!

Look what came in today Soo excited!! Now just awaiting the arrival of the Hendrix Pro axles, Hawk HPS pads and GM rotors!! Can't wait to feel the difference!!

Finally!!!!-newrearv.jpg
Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Very Cool!!

All nice stuff you picked there!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, now you just need some more performance mods to put those axles to the test.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

How is your spec doing? Which one do you have? I have the LS7 spec3 with LS7 slave and my car doesn't like it so much now. Just wondering if have run into any problems? I think I'm going to throw a monster in it or a Fidanza twin and be done with it. I'm sick of fing with it and spec customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited by raven154; 03-17-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

I got the same diif and axles going in tonight!! I got the last of my misc parts and fluids yesterday and finally have some free time tonight it's goin in when I get home from work let me know how it works out for ya
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raven154
How is your spec doing? Which one do you have? I have the LS7 spec3 with LS7 slave and my car doesn't like it so much now. Just wondering if have run into any problems? I think I'm going to throw a monster in it or a Fidanza twin and be done with it. I'm sick of fing with it and spec customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
I just gave my spec a gravity bleed, works alot better now. No more missing gears I hope.

I didnt get to rip it much but it helped alot, gave it a nice 3rd and 4th gear shift at 6500 yesterday and it went in alot smoother!

Congrates on the diff and the axles, thats my next mod .

Looking to score a used gen 2 diff and some g-force axles so I can put some of my power to the ground.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Nice, now you just need some more performance mods to put those axles to the test.
I know! She's getting there! I see head and cam in her near future, but we are buying a house right now so hopefully by the end of the year!

Originally Posted by raven154
Spec is great we have the 3, did have some issues with it but after changing out the fluid and bleeding it, it's been good! Only thing about this clutch is you have to be right on point or it wants to chatter but just like any other clutch, you just have to adjust to driving with it. Only time I still get a little chatter is in reverse!

Originally Posted by TomJoeC88
I got the same diif and axles going in tonight!! I got the last of my misc parts and fluids yesterday and finally have some free time tonight it's goin in when I get home from work let me know how it works out for ya
Awesome! Post some pics! Good luck with your install, can't wait to hear your feedback! Hopefully it will be going in soon, waiting for my husband to get back from Storm work in NY, he's a high voltage Power Lineman!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lee-AnnMarie
Look what came in today Soo excited!! Now just awaiting the arrival of the Hendrix Pro axles, Hawk HPS pads and GM rotors!! Can't wait to feel the difference!!

Attachment 221784
Is that a new 3rd gen diff? How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

If it is, I have been thinking this scenario (brand new diff, aftermarket axles, no wheelhop) will basically be the savior of our cars. I think that unless you eventually make crazy power (like over 500 rwHP), this should allow the diff to hold up forever and not be a problem in the future.

My prediction: New Diff + No Wheelhop (ever...well, maybe still in the wet...just be careful and it won't happen) = Bulletproof rear end, up to approximately 500 rwHP.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not sure how it is with pro axles but I know with just the drievrs side axle its not 100% gone. You get it sometimes but most times you dont, it all depends ont he driving conditions really. I still thinkl even without wheelhop and 450+hp the diff wont handle hard launches or being beaten on too much.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tweeter81
Is that a new 3rd gen diff? How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

If it is, I have been thinking this scenario (brand new diff, aftermarket axles, no wheelhop) will basically be the savior of our cars. I think that unless you eventually make crazy power (like over 500 rwHP), this should allow the diff to hold up forever and not be a problem in the future.

My prediction: New Diff + No Wheelhop (ever...well, maybe still in the wet...just be careful and it won't happen) = Bulletproof rear end, up to approximately 500 rwHP.
Yes it is and got it through a local GM dealer for just shy of $1,500... Not nearly as bad as we originally thought! And we are hoping for the same scenario that you're thinking! Really want to bring this car down the 1/4 but didn't want to blow the diff but now with this new one and the axles it may be possible! Let's just hope!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Im not sure how it is with pro axles but I know with just the drievrs side axle its not 100% gone. You get it sometimes but most times you dont, it all depends ont he driving conditions really. I still thinkl even without wheelhop and 450+hp the diff wont handle hard launches or being beaten on too much.
Do you get any whine at all in your rear end? You have this same one right? Anything has to be better than this one we have. It's the first production one ever... JUNK!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont have any noise, mine was upgraded last year under warranty because I took the original one in and said it was whining. Thank you warranty lol. Ive had no problems with it but like ANY IRS the more power you have, the less chance itll hold up.I cant believe these guys making huge power havent gone to a solid axle with an auto. Coudlnt cost that much more and the car would actually be trackable.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, glad to hear that you haven't heard any whine! Hopefully it stays that way! And yeah, take advantage of that warranty now while you still have it, just don't get caught with those bottles lol. I wonder if anyone has looked into something solid.. Hadn't even thought about searching to see either! Maybe you should be the first and let us know how it goes lol
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the IRS especially with my car now lowered and Sways. I DD it so its nice to have a good handling car. If I ever wanted to make it a fast E.T. drag strip car no doubt id try and do a solid axle. Can't bring myself to drop that kind of money on the car now anyways.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

we didnt end up with the pro axles sorry there just econo axles both sides and still waiting on those.

does anyone have pics of the 06/07 rear to compare?

last shot has the creative steel diff bushing installed
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

We ended up with G Force anti hop axles and so far they have worked great wont know about hope for a bit i want to change the fluid in the rear before i go and try the axles out. Chris thanks again for the fast shipping!

Some pictures!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

whats the part number for this beauty?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sojersey05v
whats the part number for this beauty?
25873498!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Are those the cradle bushing that look all beat up?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JD03Cobra
Are those the cradle bushing that look all beat up?
What pictures are you referring to?

Quick Reply: Finally!!!!