Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Not just LS6 vs. LS2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manycars
Ashrdashr - I saw that one listed today also. Did you see the one on the Baltimore craigslist - same colors, pretty much the same miles, less money, and the listing said it still had warrenty left on it.
No I didn't, just now looked though.

The dealership on the autotrader ad wouldn't sell and ship, they only did "in person signing" so not an option for me. 22hrs is a bit of a drive for a car.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by AshrDashr
No I didn't, just now looked though.

The dealership on the autotrader ad wouldn't sell and ship, they only did "in person signing" so not an option for me. 22hrs is a bit of a drive for a car.
That's too bad. Their loss!

Heck... if your willing to buy and ship, there will be a deal out there for you. Patience... the right deal will come along!

I just bought mine not even 2 weeks ago now... and I shopped for most all of 4 months to find the deal I was looking for, if I learned anything, the prices are coming down. A deal will show up in a month or two.

Heck.... I saw an 05 thunder grey not a month ago - 6800 miles, GMPP Warrenty to 100000 3/12, silver interior... Pretty car - for $26,000. Almost bought it, but I got my 05 redline/ tan (the color I was looking for) with 8500 miles for less than that.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on maging her but I'm a broke *** so I am going to be shopping for a while! I'm wondering if I should buy the kit in pieces? My budget only stretches a few hundred $ at a time!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I plan on maging her but I'm a broke *** so I am going to be shopping for a while! I'm wondering if I should buy the kit in pieces? My budget only stretches a few hundred $ at a time!
The way new stuff comes along, and the exsisting stuff gets improvements and additional features, you may want to just tuck the money away in a mod fund, and then buy the latest and greatest when you have enough.

For the money you will have in a Maggie, have you considered a nice normally aspired modded motor? I have a Harley truck with the factory supercharged motor, and it is fast (the second car I have owned with a blower)... but the thing about a NA motor versus a blown or turboed motor... is you get to use the HP and the torque in so many more places in the powerband, all the time - it is always there.

Between the two, with the same HP (or even a little less for the NA) I would always pick a normally aspired motor over the blown one. The motor has to Rev to get the pressure up... so the power develops/ comes on more up top (and you need to be mashing the gas pedal down to the floor, for it to know that you want all the boost ) - before boost comes on.... it is the same motor you always had.

One nice thing about blown motors though, is that they develop smooth power when they get on boost, so it is less impact on the driveline, and overall gas milage is better when you are not on boost... that is why turbos and superchargers are popular with manufacturers. Easy, cost effective, less strenuous power... with pretty much a bolt on. NA motors are more fun though.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Last edited by manycars; 03-22-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Manycars, you can really only go so far N/A and for the money, all ti takes is a guy with a 750 dollar nitrous kit to pull you after you drop 5k on a heads/cam package. I understand what your sayng but staying N/A limits you way too much, especially when all it takes is upping the boost or jets to get more power.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Manycars, you can really only go so far N/A and for the money, all ti takes is a guy with a 750 dollar nitrous kit to pull you after you drop 5k on a heads/cam package. I understand what your sayng but staying N/A limits you way too much, especially when all it takes is upping the boost or jets to get more power.
I hear you, and I agree... especially if we are talking nitrous!

The thing about the Maggie that makes it popular is it is bolt on power. Not many other mods are needed if you don't want to, to develop power (exhaust would be on my list though).

At some point though, the rest of the motor has to be considered when you start upping the boost or the nitrous shot. The pressures you eventually start putting on the components in the motor, have to be considered. Any time you up the pressure in the motor to develop horsepower, you shorten the life of the motor while doing it. That is why I haven't put the Lighting truck pully on my Harly truck to develop more boost, I want the motor to last longer.

Don't get me wrong, I like blowers... but I prefer that always there, can always feel it HP and torque a good NA motor provides all the time. Just wanted to throw that out there as food for thought for him to consider is all.

Last edited by manycars; 03-23-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Werd... lol
Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Nitrous FTW!!!

Cheap power. Just make sure its done right...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dream for the V

Forged stroker bottom end
AFR heads
Big cam
150-200 shot when needed.

One and only reason it wont happen

7500 dollar rear end that equals the same price as the bottom end/cam/heads
Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran