Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Buget Ballin

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 06:20 AM
Teching In

Not to threadjack, but can we get a high res photo of your front end op? like a grill, eyelids, fogs shot.
Old 04-27-2010 | 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

What did you do on the wheels?? I been thinking about having my stockers painted....urs are exactly the color I want....looks badass! I'm on so much of a low budget I don't even know if you'd call it ballin..
Old 04-27-2010 | 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxpenmatt
Not to threadjack, but can we get a high res photo of your front end op? like a grill, eyelids, fogs shot.

+1 moar pics budget ballin

your fogs are so dark they don't even look like they are there lol
Old 04-27-2010 | 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maxpenmatt
Yeah man not a prob I will get them up hopefully tonight.
The grills are spray painted with Plasti dip black. It will not chip off and is cheaper then powder coat, also you don’t have to remove the badge.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...2872&catid=699

The eye lids I did myself with my buddy who owns a vinyl shop. I used tape to mask out how I wanted them to look. Then pealed them off as a template and he cut them out. I wanted to use a single piece, but with the curve of the headlight it would be impossible. So we seamed them right at the bend and used two pieces. You cant tell unless you are right up on it, and if someone points it out they are just haters. He has my template if anyone is interested just pm me.

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
What did you do on the wheels?? I been thinking about having my stockers painted....urs are exactly the color I want....looks badass! I'm on so much of a low budget I don't even know if you'd call it ballin..
I hear man I def am not ballin, People ask me all the time if they are powder coated. I rattled canned the stockers with dupli color wheel paint, the gunmetal color. From my local parts store, took two cans with heavy coats inside and outsides. All it takes is a good prep. Clean them real good with a good wheel cleaner, tape them off, scuff them with a red 3m pad, blow all the dust off them, heat the paint cans up in hot water the warmer they are the better it will spray, use prep all on the wheels wipe it off and start sprayin lol. I have worked on auto body for a long time the only diff step they use, is to spray with a spray gun. You can clear them when you are done but mine are not cleared.

So total between Fake powder coated grills, wheels, tinted tails and eyelids it cost around 6 hours in time and about $150 bux in paint and materials.
Old 04-27-2010 | 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
+1 moar pics budget ballin

your fogs are so dark they don't even look like they are there lol
Lol the fogs are not there, but I will have them cleared and smoked by friday.
I found a way to smoke the inside of the housing. And I think it will really fit the car with my $16 3000k hids lol Ebay is the ****.
Also I will poast a pic of my $15 dollar camera mount.
Old 04-27-2010 | 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

I feel ya...I'm addressing a broken engine mount now....my best friend's wife owns her own auto body shop...but still buying the materials for that is 10x more than the rattle can technique..Imma give it a shot, most likely this w/e when I have the wheels off for the mount swap..thanks for the info and help...this has def been a great help...LS1 forum, great bunch of guys so far
Old 04-27-2010 | 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by M_T_Pockets
Yeah man not a prob I will get them up hopefully tonight.
The grills are spray painted with Plasti dip black. It will not chip off and is cheaper then powder coat, also you don’t have to remove the badge.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...2872&catid=699

The eye lids I did myself with my buddy who owns a vinyl shop. I used tape to mask out how I wanted them to look. Then pealed them off as a template and he cut them out. I wanted to use a single piece, but with the curve of the headlight it would be impossible. So we seamed them right at the bend and used two pieces. You cant tell unless you are right up on it, and if someone points it out they are just haters. He has my template if anyone is interested just pm me.

I hear man I def am not ballin, People ask me all the time if they are powder coated. I rattled canned the stockers with dupli color wheel paint, the gunmetal color. From my local parts store, took two cans with heavy coats inside and outsides. All it takes is a good prep. Clean them real good with a good wheel cleaner, tape them off, scuff them with a red 3m pad, blow all the dust off them, heat the paint cans up in hot water the warmer they are the better it will spray, use prep all on the wheels wipe it off and start sprayin lol. I have worked on auto body for a long time the only diff step they use, is to spray with a spray gun. You can clear them when you are done but mine are not cleared.

So total between Fake powder coated grills, wheels, tinted tails and eyelids it cost around 6 hours in time and about $150 bux in paint and materials.
You are Da Man, stepping up to a V and doing almost everything yourself, while saving mad money for the next project. Awesome, and biotch slap to anyone in disagreement---great car, great attitude!!
Next mod should be custom intake, head to Home Depot and save like $250.

BTW, powdercoated grills chip easily, mine looks like a fawking checkerboard done in black and white.
Old 04-27-2010 | 01:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onebadcad
You are Da Man, stepping up to a V and doing almost everything yourself, while saving mad money for the next project. Awesome, and biotch slap to anyone in disagreement---great car, great attitude!!
Next mod should be custom intake, head to Home Depot and save like $250.

BTW, powdercoated grills chip easily, mine looks like a fawking checkerboard done in black and white.
Thank you for the props I really appreciate it!

Lol intake is already done
I have learned a lot over the past 10 years, Never really have had much money so I had to really do everything myself. Next mod Is going to be an X pipe, I already have the muffler delete. I found an X pipe at jegs that I think will go right in place of the stock resonator. Shipping and clamps comes to like $100 so In fact I will have an exhaust that flows probably the same as a corsa for $150 with tips. Install time might be an hour tops, I plan to use the clamps like the corsa comes with.

The grill that was trial and error too, I tried flat black spray bomb. It looked like a checker board after a few weeks lol. Then one of my VW buddies told me to try the plasti dip, I did and haven’t had a problem yet. Since then the car has been driven almost everyday in snow, highway, back road and car wash and has not flaked or chipped. I you feel the grill it kinda feels like a bouncy ball but its flat black.

If anyone has anything they would like to add, that is Budget Ballin go ahead.
I want to see how many others have thought outside the box.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just figured out your screen name!
Stop giving away your secrets, write a book, or set up a website with membership fees, in a few months you can take the cash and buy a V2 (get the manual and Recaro seats, that sunroof and nav shiat is for non-ballerz), and keep the V1 as your beater.
Old 04-27-2010 | 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is plasti dip?
Old 04-27-2010 | 05:00 PM
Teching In

Plasti Dip Is a coating that up put on tools for grip.

And some pics I tried to be as high quality as they could be.
Also my car is filthy, im trying to get everything finished up for Cruise Week In OC. There is a spot on the grill in the real close shot, its not a chip its a bird feather I think lol.
The radio ***** shot is because my vinyl guy and I are prototyping, die cut decals to go over the worn out button for those who are out of warranty.
I think I put a shot of my shift **** lol, its from AutoZone from the rice Aisle I liked it and it was $19.99lol

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the intake tube, wanna make me one haha
Old 04-28-2010 | 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

finish up that hot air intake and make it a CAI

http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performanc...Air_Intake.htm

where did you get the cheap parts for this... the camera mount to the bar is hard to find cheap
Old 04-28-2010 | 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

I just figured out the screenname too! LOL!

Mad props man! We are in the same boat!
Old 04-28-2010 | 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Props for the PEDOBEAR sticker, lol.
Old 04-28-2010 | 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

Man I do have to admit you have inspired me on the V mods....I was scared off a bit @ first on the pricieness of most of the mods ppl have done...I had a 88 Mustang Coupe/notchback before...I had about $4,500 total in the ride and was putting 468hp to the ground....I called it "project one owner" since everyone in the county had owned each part @ least once...nowhere near as nice as the V, I just admire those who go against the grain and still get it done...KUDOS
Old 04-28-2010 | 02:52 PM
Teching In

The camera mount, is from a dissected tripod that I bought at rat shack.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2497843

I took that apart and just used the swivel part, it attaches with a single screw in the bottom. The rod is from home depot and was the most expensive part. Actually I have enough left over to make another one. I would have liked to use a different swivel, but this one works very good. I will post some vids later if I get a chance.

The hot air intake will be a shielded hot air intake by the end of the weekend,
I just have to find a cheap thick plastic trash can lol.

Thank's for recognizing the PEDO bear lol its funny when people ask me what it is. When I tell them there like WTF your crazy.
When I start a car build I try to make people say WTF.
My last car was a 300zx N/A, The best part of the car was. The fact it had 89 ford f150 solid motor mounts.
lol they where the same exact size as the Nissan mounts, that the dealer wanted $150 each. Mine where $50 for both at AutoZone with a life time warranty.
People always ask if it is my dads car, I want to break that stigma. Of the caddy being an "old" persons car. The cts not just the V has started to turn Cadillac into a younger persons car company.
So I really want to paint my wheels Fluorescent Green and maybe put a roof rack on it lol. That’s why I have the Novice driver sticker on it. I figure all the Honda guys have the little green and yellow JDM flag, for novice driver, why cant I have a USDM one.
Old 04-28-2010 | 03:04 PM
Teching In

Here is a shot of the wheels on my last car they where bronze when I first got them, Then I got to looking at the Advan Site and saw that they where a copy. So with some Dupli color gold engine paint, a 3/4" blue vinyl stripe and some white vinyl Advan logos. People swore all the time they where real I would just laugh and say yep real cheap lol.
Old 04-28-2010 | 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Yup... most people i know driving V's are in their 20's...
Old 04-28-2010 | 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Yup... most people i know driving V's are in their 20's...
21 here.

Quick Reply: Buget Ballin