Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Buget Ballin

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buget Ballin

So I must contribute, Yes I may own a caddy but im not rich. I cut the springs on the V and just thought I would throw some pics up. I did a full coil in the rear and almost a full coil in the front, Thank you too Maxpennmatt and NeverSatisfied02 for there help with all my questions and for the spacers. Also the car stays level and really the ride is the same as before. Bawlin On A Budget FTW!

Old 04-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

Now I know why I threw the eyelids away after I ordered them. I guess to each their own....but really a teddy bear sticker?
Old 04-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Please lie to me and tell me that isn't a teddy bear on the V emblem. If it is I vote for an immediate
Old 04-25-2010, 02:03 AM
TECH Resident

thats the "pedobear" It's not just your average teddy bear lol
Old 04-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Lol anyone who knows not of Pedo bear should run away from teh interwebs.
You wil be Pownd and 'D Lmao NooB!
Sorry sometimes the webs gets a hold of you and never lets go.
The eye lids are just trial and error but that's not why I poasted pic of the car.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Banned

looks good. Which spacers did you end up using in the rear ?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

when you get tired of the rear pumping back up and harshing the ride lemme know.

i like the car tho!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good
Old 04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by M_T_Pockets
Bawlin On A Budget FTW!
So you cry a lot?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks good man! No prob on the help! to ballin on a budget! haha

Mighty mouse... I might need your spacers. I used Matt's but my rear does pump up a little (maybe 1/2") and it does ride a little harsh. I went 1-1/4 coil in the rear and a full coil up front though. MT might be ok on Matt's spacer since he didnt cut as much...
Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

I want to do this. Who local has done this that wants to give a hookup and coach me along? And has tools for me to do it? By the way Im not even on a budget! My wallet is on strait-up lock down... 8-( But I really do want my ride lower! Mightymouse was the price on your spacers? PM me if you need to brotha
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

How far away from Houston are you?

And yeah, PM me with a price too Mighty. I may just get your spacers myself but the only issue is, i think right now when the car is settled, the rear may sit a hair lower in the rear than the front. Either that or it just appears that way because of the 275's out back. When i drive it and the shocks bump it back up that 1/2" or so to where the rear sits a hair higher. If the rear is actually slightly lower than the front when settled, if i go with your spacers, ill prob want to pull my front springs out to cut a hair more off them to get rid of it sitting that hair higher in the front. I know... im picky... lol
Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02

And yeah, PM me with a price too Mighty. I may just get your spacers myself but the only issue is, i think right now when the car is settled, the rear may sit a hair lower in the rear than the front. Either that or it just appears that way because of the 275's out back. When i drive it and the shocks bump it back up that 1/2" or so to where the rear sits a hair higher. If the rear is actually slightly lower than the front when settled, if i go with your spacers, ill prob want to pull my front springs out to cut a hair more off them to get rid of it sitting that hair higher in the front. I know... im picky... lol
Pm sent on the spacers
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

I live in Frisco... I think its about 4 hrs away.. Dont you come to the DFW area sometimes? I could be wrong..
Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont sell stuff on the site, if you want to talk MIGHTYM0USE@verizon.net
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think your set up looks damn good. eyelids, rims, everything. it looks different and it looks good
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Thank you to everyone who has given Props! I have had this car for almost a year and really haven't done too much. I am waiting on my fogs to show up, I kind of destroyed mine on a trip from Delaware to New Orleans LOL. It was hard going through the tail of the dragon at 2:30 in the morning while lighting tree tops up. I really like it without the fogs though. I thought about putting little turn signals wear the brake ducts inlets are. Like from the new body stang SAVE THE FLAMING, I think they would fit and would look factory. Or just using amber led’s in my corner marker spots in the headlight, then using my old fogs as a mold. For some huge brake ducts and a fresh air inlet on the driver side.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I live in Frisco... I think its about 4 hrs away.. Dont you come to the DFW area sometimes? I could be wrong..
Very rarely but i have made a couple trips up that way. I dont have any trips planned anytime soon though.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Very rarely but i have made a couple trips up that way. I dont have any trips planned anytime soon though.

I will be in San Antonio from June 17th to the 20th for vacation with he family but dont think I would be able to sneak away for a good 6 or 7 hrs without gettin my *** picked! lolz, Anyways if you ever do come to this neck of the woods let me know! we can pound a few back.. lol
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

SA is about 3 hours from me. I go there and to the Austin area a lot more than i go to Dallas but even that is rare. Houston bound for the most part. lol But yeah man, def! If ur ever down in the Houston area, give me a shout!

Quick Reply: Buget Ballin