Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Jet-Hot Coated CTSV Header Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why they wouldn't have the adapter's? I got mine, but I also got the first set.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
He posted that he ordered them on 5/7 and then posted that the were installed on 6/21... not sure but that seems like a long time if he was waiting for parts to finish the install...
It was just waiting on the adapters, go figure but a car that sold a total of 10k in 4 years isn't high on there list. And I was the only one on there list that had ordered them so they weren't in a rush for just me.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

does anybody have headers and adapters
now !
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM
FormerVendor

FYI... Pacesetter called us today to let us know that they header has been pulled from the shelf. They didnt provide a lot of details other than they are reworking the layout of the header. OUR group purchase will be put on hold till further notice as we are told they will not go back into production for around 4-6 weeks.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by santiago
does anybody have headers and adapters
now !
Yes I have them on the car and did not have to cut anything to get them on the car. Ok well I lied, had to trim the bracket for the oil dipstick.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JET-HOT
FYI... Pacesetter called us today to let us know that they header has been pulled from the shelf. They didnt provide a lot of details other than they are reworking the layout of the header. OUR group purchase will be put on hold till further notice as we are told they will not go back into production for around 4-6 weeks.
Not sure why they would take so long? I have a set on my car already and they slid right in, easily. They needed to adjust there directions to make it easier, but that was it.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doesn't sound good! Wonder what the deal is?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Can anyone give me some info on these? I'm about to get some headers installed and am blown away by the price...

Comments? Suggestions? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

GhettoTy has them with cut outs. they sounds VERY nice and dont look to bad. santiago has them installed too. but for you, since you are Maggied, i would go with the Kooks 1 7/8. Pacesetter doesnt offer the 7/8s. i got my 7/8s fot 1575 with Jet Hot Extreme Sterling Sliver on the Headers and Mids. they look amzing with the coating on them (pics in the pic thread ).
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Like Cole said, the Pacesetters will hold you back a bit on power. I'm not going for big numbers so I went with the savings instead (only plan on headwork, cam, and bottle). Overall I really like the headers they're a great option, especially for half the price.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea spend the cash and go with kooks for the 1 7/8, youll benefit from them over 1 3/4.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think you can pick up a set of Kooks with cat-less mids for 1000-1100 bucks.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by amfmlittle
Can anyone give me some info on these? I'm about to get some headers installed and am blown away by the price...

Comments? Suggestions? Thanks!
price was great... back in June...

FWIW I had pacesetters on my camaro and they work great. That popular auction site has them with extensions coated for 550$ or uncoated going from 391-402$ both with extensions
Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

I'll go with the Kooks, then.

I got a quote yesterday for ~$2,200 out the door. It included Kooks 1 7/8 longtube headers, Kooks catted midpipes, NGK TR6 spark plugs and dyno tuning. It sounds like a pretty good price, but wanted to get your thoughts on it, as well.

Thanks a ton for the info!

Adrian
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

I'll go with the Kooks, then.

I got a quote yesterday for ~$2,200 out the door. It included Kooks 1 7/8 longtube headers, Kooks catted midpipes, NGK TR6 spark plugs and dyno tuning. It sounds like a pretty good price, but wanted to get your thoughts on it, as well.

Thanks a ton for the info!

Adrian
If you have not already checked I would talk to Maryland Speed and see what kinda price they can work up for you on the Kooks 1 7/8 set up!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have not already checked I would talk to Maryland Speed and see what kinda price they can work up for you on the Kooks 1 7/8 set up!
Have sent ou several emails and PM's about ordering headers from you. Are you still selling them?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

The best price is to buy them direct. I got coated pacesetters with connection pipes, hardware, gaskets, and 02 sensors coming for under $500shipped.

All this 7/8 is better than 3/4 is kinda funny. Yes you may gain a few extra ponies- at double the price. Everyone keeps saying high hp guys should go for the larger headers but another member on here did a back to back 3/4 vs 7/8 dyno comparison on if I remember correctly a 600rwhp built big block. The difference was approx 10 hp. Not worth the $ IMHO.

Now if you've already decided to spend the money on KOOK's and are deciding between 3/4 and 7/8ths, then there is no question in my mind- 7/8 all the way.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nlpy8b
The best price is to buy them direct. I got coated pacesetters with connection pipes, hardware, gaskets, and 02 sensors coming for under $500shipped.

All this 7/8 is better than 3/4 is kinda funny. Yes you may gain a few extra ponies- at double the price. Everyone keeps saying high hp guys should go for the larger headers but another member on here did a back to back 3/4 vs 7/8 dyno comparison on if I remember correctly a 600rwhp built big block. The difference was approx 10 hp. Not worth the $ IMHO.

Now if you've already decided to spend the money on KOOK's and are deciding between 3/4 and 7/8ths, then there is no question in my mind- 7/8 all the way.
Who'd you call for that price? Pacesetter? They don't even have them on their website... Odd....
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nlpy8b

That is an excellent point... I'm debating if it's worth saving 50% on the parts to give up a few horses. I brought these headers up to the guy working on my car and he seemed hesitant on their quality. Based on what I've heard here, it seems like they are a pretty great deal for the price. I'll have to sleep on it.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maryland Speed is where i go mine from. and with install and dyno, i was at 2200.

That is an excellent point... I'm debating if it's worth saving 50% on the parts to give up a few horses. I brought these headers up to the guy working on my car and he seemed hesitant on their quality. Based on what I've heard here, it seems like they are a pretty great deal for the price. I'll have to sleep on it.
the biggest difference in the 2 with be the steel used. Pacesetter use Mild Steel, where as Kooks uses stainless. there for uncoated or coated, you will get better everyday use with the Kooks. especially down on the coast, where you have A LOT of salt in the air. IMO, you are better off just forking out the extra $ to have a header you know will last a very long time. nothing wrong with pacesetter, per say, but mild steel will rust. and that will lead to more likely chance of the header developing holes.

Quick Reply: Jet-Hot Coated CTSV Header Sale!!!