Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

National Speed: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Fitting a 325/30R19 on stock wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you've had 0 issues of wheel rubbing with 325's on the lowered d3 springs ??? D3 told me anything over 285/oem would rub...under heavy cornering, etc
Old 06-06-2010, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
Sorry about that. On my '09. I like what you've done, but I was hoping to have them tuck in a little more...
PM'd.

Originally Posted by Razorecko
So you've had 0 issues of wheel rubbing with 325's on the lowered d3 springs ??? D3 told me anything over 285/oem would rub...under heavy cornering, etc
It's not a bad idea for them to have that point-of-failure built into their recommendations, but no, it's not a problem under straight-line acceleration or hard cornering. It's all in the alignment and chosen offset.

We did run into an issue this week when the owner of the vehicle had three larger than average gentlemen in the back of the car, when he got on it contacting did occur. Unfortunately, it did damage the paint due to heat (not too bad, just right at the fender lip area, maybe 3mm visably affected), so we've taken the following corrective steps:

- Have fenders rolled and flared minimally (around 2-3mm at the lip)
- Mill spacers 4mm
- Clearance rear trailing control arm 2mm near lip of wheel
- Repaint damaged paint on rear quarter panels
- Replace damaged tires, we're potentially upgrading to 325/30R19 Michelin Sport Cup tires

Of course, all of this is on us, as it was my oversight that caused the damage. When it was just one person in the driver seat, one in the passenger seat it was fine. I'd venture to say that with average weight people in the back seat, the contacting wouldn't have occured.

However, I've edited my original post to inform people of this potential issue.

Last edited by Jordan_NationalSpeed; 06-06-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jordan_NationalSpeed
PM'd.

It's not a bad idea for them to have that point-of-failure built into their recommendations, but no, it's not a problem under straight-line acceleration or hard cornering. It's all in the alignment and chosen offset.

We did run into an issue this week when the owner of the vehicle had three larger than average gentlemen in the back of the car, when he got on it contacting did occur. Unfortunately, it did damage the paint due to heat (not too bad, just right at the fender lip area, maybe 3mm visably affected), so we've taken the following corrective steps:

- Mill spacers 4mm
- Replace damaged tires, we're potentially upgrading to 325/30R19 Michelin Sport Cup tires

Of course, all of this is on us, as it was my oversight that caused the damage. When it was just one person in the driver seat, one in the passenger seat it was fine. I'd venture to say that with average weight people in the back seat, the contacting wouldn't have occured.

Thanks alot i do appreciate the updated info !
Old 06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jordan_NationalSpeed
PM'd.

- Mill spacers 4mm

good to see a vendor going to the plate for their customer....
Old 06-08-2010, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

sharp looking work.

I'll have to do this mod to mine when ever I get it. I love the wide stance. LOL, a 4 door car with the same rubber as my z oh yeah!!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Jordon do you think that I'd be able to pull off a 305/30/19-R 275/35/19-F with the oem sized wheels on the D3 springs w/out rubbing ? Or would the safe bet be a 295/35/19-R w/ a 255/30/19-F ? My invo's are worn to hell and I want to go bigger but not at the expense of my fenders
Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like always great work the car looks 100times better....

Is the car an auto?? I'm sure the bigger wheels and sticker tires took atleast 20rwhp

How is the car drives any problems?? I have a friend very interested in this .
Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 AM

I run invos in a 305x25x20 in the back on 10.5 rims. Zero rubbing with the stock height.

Quick Reply: National Speed: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Fitting a 325/30R19 on stock wheels...