Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anyone have oil catch can mounting pics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

I stuck mine here on the fan shroud mount bolt. I run a sumoto carbon fiber can. Cheap and effective.

Please ignore the blue hose. It's garbage, used for mock up only.

-Byron

Old 07-05-2017, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mighty Mouse makes an awesome catch can. Also has a nice drain hose that I routed to the underside of the car, easy to drain. Mine is has a -10an off the valve cover as the feed to the can. The filter on the top of the can has a one way release and only vents there if too much pressure builds in the can, it's a nice safety net.
Anyone have oil catch can mounting pics?-photo722.jpg
Old 08-02-2017, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon
^^ hows yours mounted?? Mine is just a piece of flat stock bent.

Theres a bolt that holds a bracket in the head, I just drilled the flat stock the same size and shoved it behind the bracket and tightened er back down...works like a charm.
Just trying out a Photobucket fix to get the images to appear. Looks like the trick works.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Elite Engineering Oil Catch mounted on the two bolts holes on the front of the passenger side. It has an adjustable bracket so you move it a bit. Love that thing.

Last edited by lollygagger8; 08-03-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I have the Elite Engineering Oil Catch mounted on the two bolts holes on the front of the passenger side. It has an adjustable bracket so you move it a bit. Love that thing.

Add ~original after the .jpg and your picture will actually appear:
Old 08-29-2017, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed a Speed Engineering catch can, similar (identical) to the Mike Norris can. I got it from ebay for $76 shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-Catch-Can...53.m2749.l2649

Good quality and made it to me with super-quick shipping ~ 2 days.

Has anyone else noticed that their catch can made the engine run smoother? I'm not sure if it's just the placebo effect, but it seems as though some highway vibrations around 2k rpm have been toned down significantly. Also when I have the exhaust cutouts open and I make a half throttle pull then clutch-in to shift casually there is not a loud pop that would typically be present before. The engine just seems to run better with less noticeable vibration through my poly engine mounts. I wish I'd done this sooner considering how easy and inexpensive it was.

Anyone have oil catch can mounting pics?-02nerph.jpg

I also added an inexpensive
3/8" barbed check valve 3/8" barbed check valve
on the fresh air inlet to the valve cover port. There was some evidence of oil in that line, indicating that in some situations like a decel downshift for engine braking, the intake would actually suck some oil from the valve cover. The check valve is a one way valve and should not allow any oil or air to flow in that direction. It should only be drawing metered air from in front of the TB which flows into the crank case and drawn out through the valley cover PCV valve, through the catch can, and then into the intake manifold.

Anyone have oil catch can mounting pics?-okr36zs.jpg

I feel like I've seen a lot of confusion relating to routing and whether a double catch can setup or breathers are necessary. For an NA car, I feel this is the easiest and least expensive setup that is very effective.

Mine is set up just like this diagram with the only difference being an inline check valve on the clean side. Hope this helps those seeking the same mod.

Last edited by BudRacing; 08-30-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have oil catch can mounting pics?