Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Unfortuntely, this is how she spends most of her time...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Your frustration is entirely your own doing. Stop driving like an ***-clown and (amazingly enough) your mileage will drastically improve.

Except that someone lowered it so far that the tires are tucked like the suspension is broken. But other than that it looks great.
I know my car gets poor mileage when it is not warmed up yet. so if he is doing nothing but short trips that could explain it.

and his car looks great like that. not sure why he needs to monster truck it out because you arent happy.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roidz24
Tony, your V looks awesome. You have the best stance on a V I have ever seen. I want mine to look like that.
yeah aside from the race car, your car has the best v stance i have ever seen.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
I know my car gets poor mileage when it is not warmed up yet. so if he is doing nothing but short trips that could explain it.

and his car looks great like that. not sure why he needs to monster truck it out because you aren't happy.
for some reason, the hate was dripping all over his entire post. i tend to enjoy such posts from time to time, although i can't frankly figure out why he made such an effort to call out individual sentences without a hair of positive feedback.

yeah aside from the race car, your car has the best v stance i have ever seen.
thank you very much sir. i kinda like it too, lol.

Last edited by tony tone; 07-26-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not one to normally swing off someones nuts, but i'll give you the following props.
1) sick car with the best stance of any V i have seen.
2) crazy party life that involves boats.

if people hate then it must mean they notice you. if they notice you then let them hate and get stronger from it. I got some springs and honestly my car is way to high still. coil overs will be coming when ever i get this thing back on the road. time to lay frame.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im not one to normally swing off someones nuts, but i'll give you the following props.
1) sick car with the best stance of any V i have seen.
2) crazy party life that involves boats.

if people hate then it must mean they notice you. if they notice you then let them hate and get stronger from it. I got some springs and honestly my car is way to high still. coil overs will be coming when ever i get this thing back on the road. time to lay frame.
lol, thanks bro.

fwiw, i'm going to vegas tomorrow morning through sunday for my 30th! time to say goodbye to my 20s in good fashion!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, so if some of you are in the low teens on your mpg, that's not much worse than the Jeep SRT8 ...

Of course, like everyone says it's how you drive..
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

12-13mpg here. Only mods are an intake and clutch. Stock tune might be adding to the pigrichness though. All city sub 50mph speeds.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alexplantman
Wow, so if some of you are in the low teens on your mpg, that's not much worse than the Jeep SRT8 ...

Of course, like everyone says it's how you drive..
you know, i've had my eye on one of those. it's fast, can fit 3 kids, AND could pull a boat. i could already see it with some 24" forged mesh wheels with a step lip looking oh so fine.

i just like my V too much though.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tony tone
you know, i've had my eye on one of those. it's fast, can fit 3 kids, AND could pull a boat. i could already see it with some 24" forged mesh wheels with a step lip looking oh so fine.

I like the Jeep SRT8 too, but they really can't pull a boat, unless your boat and trailer are less than 2500 lbs (the tow rating) and you want to hack up the rear bumper to make room for the ridiculous aftermarket hitch that sits around the center exhaust pipes. Fast and cool, for sure. Good for towing...not so much.

And, I only get 12 mpg in city driving as well. 25 mpg on the interstate though.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

meh, well, i guess i didn't look in to the payload too much because 2500lbs is squat for what i'm looking for.

i just need to keep the kids in mind, but also my needs for a quick car. guess i'll have to wait until i pay it off.... or come across a cheap 7.3 super duty.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

meh, well, i guess i didn't look in to the payload too much because 2500lbs is squat for what i'm looking for.

i just need to keep the kids in mind, but also my needs for a quick car. guess i'll have to wait until i pay it off.... or come across a cheap 7.3 super duty.
If you want a fun SUV that can tow. Go with the Trailblazer SS.
I owned one before a lady ran a red light and took it out for me.

It can tow great has the LS2 motor and was super comfy.

I miss mine...but the Gas was about 14 mpg city and 18 mpg highway.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by willsol
If you want a fun SUV that can tow. Go with the Trailblazer SS.
I owned one before a lady ran a red light and took it out for me.

It can tow great has the LS2 motor and was super comfy.

I miss mine...but the Gas was about 14 mpg city and 18 mpg highway.
That is my other car. I only get about 11 mpg in town and 16 mpg on the highway @ 82 mph. Other than the crappy mileage (which I don't really care about anyway) , it is a pretty good grocery-getter / winter beater for me.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Teching In

not to hijack the thread...lol
I am going to be in the market in the next 6 months or so for either, lol.. same thing, 2 kids... I wanted to put a hitch so I can mount the bike rack, but the problem with the Jeep is that the exhaust comes out the middle, lol.. so forget towing your boat too..
Old 07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

i wasn't going to go all about my setup as many already know, but they are 360 forged split sevens with some match painted accents.

20x9 front - 245/30/20 nitto invo
20x10.5 rear - 285/25/20 nitto invo

suspension consists of a k-sport complete coilover. it's got a significant drop to it

a quick google search brings up the official shoot pics

http://carscollectionandrew.blogspot...ged-split.html

it's been lowered more since, obviously.
Did you have to change your trailing arms to fit those wheels and tires?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tweeter81
That is my other car. I only get about 11 mpg in town and 16 mpg on the highway @ 82 mph. Other than the crappy mileage (which I don't really care about anyway) , it is a pretty good grocery-getter / winter beater for me.
Are you on TBSSowners forum?

Good group over there.

I got better mileage after E-Fans, Intake, Tune, Resonator deletes, under drive pulleys, 180 T-stat.

After all that my miles per gallon went up.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by willsol
Are you on TBSSowners forum?

Good group over there.

I got better mileage after E-Fans, Intake, Tune, Resonator deletes, under drive pulleys, 180 T-stat.

After all that my miles per gallon went up.
How much did you gain on the mileage? It might be worth the $500 (or whatever it is) in the long run to get a tune and pick up some mpg and power.

Anyway, when I first got the TBSS I was on there for a little while and I really wanted to do an intake, IAT relocation, and tune but I decided (or realized) that I just don't have enough money to mod both my baby (CTS-V) and the TB. So my interests over there kinda died down and I have left the TB stock. I know I would enjoy the TB more with a tune, better exhaust, etc. I just don't love it enough to spend money on it. It is my AWD winter beater basically.

(Useless piece of information) - I think I am going to get a 6.2l Ford Raptor when I get the TBSS paid off.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

How much did you gain on the mileage? It might be worth the $500 (or whatever it is) in the long run to get a tune and pick up some mpg and power.

Anyway, when I first got the TBSS I was on there for a little while and I really wanted to do an intake, IAT relocation, and tune but I decided (or realized) that I just don't have enough money to mod both my baby (CTS-V) and the TB. So my interests over there kinda died down and I have left the TB stock. I know I would enjoy the TB more with a tune, better exhaust, etc. I just don't love it enough to spend money on it. It is my AWD winter beater basically.

(Useless piece of information) - I think I am going to get a 6.2l Ford Raptor when I get the TBSS paid off.
The Raptors are dope but I will say a Tune...intake...U/D pulleys..E-fans... and just deleting the resonators made me love the SS much more than I did when I first bought it.

Although with AWD you might not gain that much mpgs as I did. I actually was able to get about 23mpg highway after all my mods. It was just 2wd not the fastest but def was fun.

I have to say my fav memory was when I was out one night after mountain biking and had the Thule dual bike rack on the back with both the wives and I's bikes loaded when a 05-08 Mustang GT with an exhaust and whatever else started taunting me a little at the light...reving and such. Both our windows were rolled down and he sorta laughed and said - I guess Chevy will through an SS emblem on anything these days. - I commented - well she does do pretty good why dont we go at the light?

Light turned green... I nailed it and so did he we were even till he shifted to second and then I held him at my rear wheels all the way to 100 and he started creeping about that time we hit another red light. He wouldnt pull up next to to chat though for some reason. He just stayed sorta behind the rest of the way and wouldnt play anymore. It was definitely a great feeling.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love the Raptor! Such an awesome truck. I cant wait to see the numbers Hennessy gets with the TT version.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hpedesign#p/u/8/Aw_hxw5fhn4
Old 07-29-2010, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The front 02 sensors should be replaced every 30,000 miles. If you have over 30,000 miles and haven't replaced them, you might pick up some gas mileage by replacing them. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-31-2010, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

WTF!!!!????? Who is tuning your cars???? Built ls2 402, heads, cam.....and i get 30-34mpg on the highway and 17-23mpg city....91 0ctane, 500 plus rwhp.

Quick Reply: Unfortuntely, this is how she spends most of her time...