Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need advice. GERNADED DIFFERENTIAL!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How soon do you need the rear end..... go check out the new Geforce1320 9" they are working on...

if you can live without your car for another month or two... that would be a nice chunk of money towards a bulletproof rear...

Also just personal taste, but i would recommend the Geforce axles over the hendrix axles.... IMO

(wow i sound like a geforce1320 fan... i don't even own anything by them yet)
Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why would you recommend them?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Warranty Warranty Warranty..

It should have 100K mile Drive Train Warranty.. I just blew mine on saturday!! I was so pissed! Not to mention stranded at the local food lion for 5 hours waiting on a tow...

Cadillac is on they way to pick my car up as we speak. I have heads,cam,pulley,intake,tune, etc.. and they are still going to fix my car!

And what exactly is the Gen 4 diff from? can I get some info on that please, id like to make sure they put something stronger in the car for sure!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CTSvRolledOUT

It should have 100K mile Drive Train Warranty.. I just blew mine on saturday!! I was so pissed! Not to mention stranded at the local food lion for 5 hours waiting on a tow...

Cadillac is on they way to pick my car up as we speak. I have heads,cam,pulley,intake,tune, etc.. and they are still going to fix my car!

And what exactly is the Gen 4 diff from? can I get some info on that please, id like to make sure they put something stronger in the car for sure!
Not on an '05. You blew a diff on an '07? That'd be the first one I've heard of, if so.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Not on an '05. You blew a diff on an '07? That'd be the first one I've heard of, if so.
Not the first but one of the few.

Im suprised they are still covering it with the head/cam . Congrates!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Thats a first for me too
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gforce is at a stand still right now as far as production goes, for 2-3 weeks. I guess he's getting new Cnc stuff. Was hoping to do this whole rear diff/axle project in one move. But I need my car back.

Hopefully with the 07 diff, CS grey bushing, and axles I'll never have this problem again.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
How soon do you need the rear end..... go check out the new Geforce1320 9" they are working on...

if you can live without your car for another month or two... that would be a nice chunk of money towards a bulletproof rear...

Also just personal taste, but i would recommend the Geforce axles over the hendrix axles.... IMO

(wow i sound like a geforce1320 fan... i don't even own anything by them yet)
go check it out where? Im not seeing it at gforce1320 dot com
Old 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -T-
go check it out where? Im not seeing it at gforce1320 dot com
www.shop.gforce1320.com
Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTSvRolledOUT

Consider yourself the first LS2 V to blow the rear differential.

Previous to your post there have been NO reports of a LS2 V blowing it rear on any forum. A few guys have broken CVs, but no grenaded rears.

*EDIT* He didn't blow the rear. It was a twisted axle. Still sucks...awesome that warranty is taking care of it.

Last edited by whisler151; 08-25-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

False Alarm guys!!!! Cadi came and picked up the car yesterday. I went by today and it was a axle broke off. Twisted the hell out of it! so new axles and they are going through the rear diff to make sure nothing was messed up. I am going to let them do the factory warranty and put the stock axles in it for free to get me rolling again, but I am going to pull the trigger on some after market axles here soon! I have been meaning to do it for awhile just havent had the chance!!

So no rear diff, just twisted and snapped an axle
Old 08-25-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
damn your actually gonna stick him with the whole bill, i never let anyone drive the car and im always under the impression that its partly my responsibility for whatever happens to the car. Especially since the rears are such problems with the car and have grenaded under normal driving conditions not just from beating on it.
^^^ allll of this.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
This wouldnt be the first time a diff has gone under normal driving BTW. It has happened to people driving down the interstate in 6th gear.
Chances are he was beating on it, i dont know your friend so youd know better then me. Id hate to be the one to pay if it wasnt my fault and i was in the car the time it decided to go.
^^

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
I've heard of diff falling apart on a 3-4 shift with a stock engine.

Originally Posted by FRiCK
60k. And I'm the first to drive it the way I drive it lol. I got it off an old man.
Sounds like it hadn't exactly been babied before before your buddy got behind the wheel... and that it was going to go on you the next time you got on it anyway. Sucks to be your friend, sounds like he's about to get shafted
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
^^^ allll of this.

^^

Sounds like it hadn't exactly been babied before before your buddy got behind the wheel... and that it was going to go on you the next time you got on it anyway. Sucks to be your friend, sounds like he's about to get shafted

Hmmmm.... Maybe he should have respect for OTHER peoples **** and not bang 2nd gear and keep his foot to the floor while the rear tires slam the pavement for 100'.

Quick Reply: Need advice. GERNADED DIFFERENTIAL!