Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

IRS FAB 9 for the CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha forget how fun it was talking to the lower class!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ha what a tool ^^^^ forgot what it was like talking to a rich piece of **** who thinks they are better then everyone cause the have money. what is it that you do for a living anyways?
Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

I hate to get off the topic of the nice job that g force is doing. Just to let you know I pulled the money out today for the rear, so let me know the day one is ready for shipping. I do agree with amgv in a bit that V owners buttons are very easily pushed. As in the GM world they are the Lambos of the bunch, but when in the real Lambo world it's like an Accord to the V. See how crazy you get by someone pushing such a simple button. amgv I see you have a TTG. I have an 08 Superleggera TT also Woosh built.

G-force Please hurry up with the Shop!! Cant wait to see how it gets down the track with a tire...9's???

P.S. Maybe I should have used Aston instead of Lambo..
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 PM

life coach !!! lol investor /test driver for woosh lv
Old 08-23-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus... it blows me away how people use the anonymity of the internet to troll useful forums. Nobody cares how rich you are, you are not adding **** to this conversation, and I'm pretty sure that if you disappeared from the planet nobody would give half a ****.

Back on topic, If this thing ends up being within my budget in the near future, I may do this instead of build an 8.8 swap.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HPFreak
I hate to get off the topic of the nice job that g force is doing. Just to let you know I pulled the money out today for the rear, so let me know the day one is ready for shipping. I do agree with amgv in a bit that V owners buttons are very easily pushed. As in the GM world they are the Lambos of the bunch, but when in the real Lambo world it's like an Accord to the V. See how crazy you get by someone pushing such a simple button. amgv I see you have a TTG. I have an 08 Superleggera TT also Woosh built.

G-force Please hurry up with the Shop!! Cant wait to see how it gets down the track with a tire...9's???

P.S. Maybe I should have used Aston instead of Lambo..
the key is dont push buttons. you are coming into a forum with people who love there cars. some of us are not in the upper echelon of the income bracket, and most of us will never get there either (more then likely myself included). so we bought the best car that we could afford without going broke. my bank told me i could be approved up to 65k, but i didnt want a 900 to 1000 dollar a month car payment. but everyone here is the same on at least one level. we are all car lovers. some of us have better means and ability to enjoy a bit more expensive toys of the world. but that doesnt make said individual better then us in the lower 75% of the income bracket. if i good afford a Lambo, AMG, and other exotics of the world, i would buy one. but all i could really afford was the V, and i am very happy with her. and no one can convince me otherwise.

this even applies to all are ricer friends out there...but i am still show them the power i have. just the same as the guys i have seen in the exotics that show there stuff to the guys in the vettes. we all have fun at someone's demise.

back on topic of the thread (that beautiful piece of equipment that Gforce is fabbing up for us)...like i said, if my V was producing the power to need to rear i would most definitely shell out the money to have it. but she doesnt, and i am not planning on having that much power. 500 at the rear is where i will be stopping, and thats if i get there. i may stop at 400, 450, or somewhere in between. i want enough power to have fun, but not to get me into trouble all the time.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^^ i still think stock power is enough to need a better rear thats int he car if you plan to take it to the drag strip. Im at 500 and id love it throw some slicks on it and spray in 1st gear, but we know id be lucky to make ti to the 60' line without something in place of the stock diff lol.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Im at 542 to the wheel off the spray right now and let me tell you....your still gonna want that rear!! its worth it! im on my 6th. theres no point in even making it fast if you really cant enjoy it! itsslow are you making those numbers on or off spray?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

an upgraded diff...yes...the need for a full up 9" monster rear...no

if i want my car to lay down 700+ rwhp, i would be all over this. but when i get her on the dyno now, i am will looking at the 370 to 380 (i think, haha). and once i am done with modding, i will be looking at 450 to 510 depending if i do a blower or not.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Im at 542 to the wheel off the spray right now and let me tell you....your still gonna want that rear!! its worth it! im on my 6th. theres no point in even making it fast if you really cant enjoy it! itsslow are you making those numbers on or off spray?
i made 496 on 100 shot. Stock bottom end, untouched heads(besides springs) stock trans, stock clutch. Still have the stock ls6 manifold and unported stock TB on there. I have a ways to go but don't wanna go any further because i fell like im building a supra, im tired of not being able to put down good numbers at the track and dont wanna spend 5k on a rear. Im done with it....... once its paid off ill likely put it back to stock or sell it.

You cant be making 542 on a stock shortblock n/a or even a built shortblock for that matter n/a. What are your mods?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Current Mods will be: Kooks 1 7/8" Header with High Flow Catted mid pipes (Jet Hot coating on headers and mids), Magnaflow cat back, Gforce 1320 rear axles, Katech Short Shifter, 160 Degree T-Stat, Competition Wires and Plugs with Thermal Jackets, K&N Air Charger, and various bushing upgrades (with a dyno tune). Thats what I am hoping to make 370ish with.

for the 450 (or 450+): will be cam, intake, TB, new clutch and flywheel (LS7 or Monster Stage 2), motor mounts, and new value train. thats if i keep the car N/A. Edit: forgot to add new fuel rails

510(or 510+) will be way more work: TVS1900 (with the proper fuel delivery setup), blower cam, re-work the heads, new pulleys, new clutch and flywheel(Monster Stage 4), motor mounts, new value train, and drive line. i havent decided if i will do this work locally, or have if done at LPE. I will more likely keep in local, but the LPE package (to me) is a good baseline.

Second Edit:
You cant be making 542 on a stock shortblock n/a or even a built shortblock for that matter n/a
yes you can. 620 Block (prolly right at 540 to the rears, as a guess on my part). and you can go look at the Katech engines packages. it is very possible to get 540+ out of a short block, but you are reaching the very upper limit of its power and keeping in N/A.

Last edited by ColeGraham; 08-23-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

542 to the wheels n/a is quite the task on stock displacement. Especially in a V.

Cole- you quoted a lingenfelter 620 crank hp motor that is a fully built LS7. Im talking LS2 or LS6. And BTW "Package Price $27,495.00"

I dont even know HPFreaks setup but i bet its built.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

on stock displacement, yes it will be very difficult or next to impossible. i will definitely agree with that one. but you can bore and stroke engine out, and get those extra cubes to help. which is what the LPE 620 package does. Take the 5.7/6.0 (they offer the same package and same numbers for both LS6 and LS2) make it 7.0 and now you are talking a whole new ball game.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
i made 496 on 100 shot. Stock bottom end, untouched heads(besides springs) stock trans, stock clutch. Still have the stock ls6 manifold and unported stock TB on there. I have a ways to go but don't wanna go any further because i fell like im building a supra, im tired of not being able to put down good numbers at the track and dont wanna spend 5k on a rear. Im done with it....... once its paid off ill likely put it back to stock or sell it.

You cant be making 542 on a stock shortblock n/a or even a built shortblock for that matter n/a. What are your mods?
ive seen his car and met the guy with the 600whp supra he ran right before and beat.....

it is the most inappropriate cts-v i have ever heard. it is also the ONLY V1 i have heard which reminds people we have a proper v8 under the hood.

also the problem with our cars is that we dont need to be making a crap load of power to need this rear. even stock and using our cars on the street could leave you needing a new rear. if you get the driveshaft people are begging him to make, plus some axles you are prob already near 3k out of pocket. isnt a upgraded glass diff like 1200 bucks? hpfreak has gone through them like candy.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

LS2 402, AFR 225, big cam, electric water pump, Kooks 1 7/8, Custom X pipe back, Fast 90, NX 200 Direct Port.

Its a simple setup, but alot of time went into cam setup, and Head work.

542rwhp/519rwtq off the spray on a Dyno Jet 220x. Car made numerous back up pulls as well as beating session and more back up pulls.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

9 inch 9 inch!!!! Cant wait to put a 9 inch in my caddys rear!!! No homo!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hpfreak
hahaha
Old 08-23-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

ultra homo...

you move out to vegas yet?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Looks great Chris, thanks can't wait man! Ready to bang some gears and put on the spray.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

yea venom...been out here for 2 years lol...just was home getting the caddy all set for transport.

Quick Reply: IRS FAB 9 for the CTS-V