Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

IRS FAB 9 for the CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VmanUSA
Dont hate Cole, .
i hate because i love...haha...and i am jealous...
Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Wow, is all I can say about the car and the work Chris did!! Its very smooth and the only usefull gear is pretty much 3rd due to the gears and this cooler weather. I have video but my computer cannot process an MP4 so I am going to Best Buy to get it put on a disk. Vids should be up later today, he did a great job! Drives better than stock with much less noise, vibration, and clanking-there actually is no clanking any longer.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, is all I can say about the car and the work Chris did!! Its very smooth and the only usefull gear is pretty much 3rd due to the gears and this cooler weather. I have video but my computer cannot process an MP4 so I am going to Best Buy to get it put on a disk. Vids should be up later today, he did a great job! Drives better than stock with much less noise, vibration, and clanking-there actually is no clanking any longer.
such an *** hole...haha.

glad to here all is great (not like people will be shocked by that). but all will be more well when you get back from Best Buy with that video.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile 430"s

4.30's
4.30's Whoa no need for first gear can't wait for the video......
Old 12-11-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man hurry already! I hate u so bad 8-)
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Been looking on here EVERY DAY....checking the status of this build.....Can't wait to see it up and going.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Wtf? Vman is prolly out workin on his launch technic for the dragstrip but damb dude throw us a bone already! Lol
Old 12-11-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Wtf? Vman is prolly out workin on his launch technic for the dragstrip but damb dude throw us a bone already! Lol
TRUE....He's probably been too busy doin 5grand clutch drops to go inside and upload a vid.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Launching!

sorry guys here is one of the vids. I went for a couple 30 min cruises yesterday and the files were too large or something for photobook so I did another little 8 min one for you this morning at 8:00 a.m. Its a pretty good shot and lighting was better today anyways since yesterday was kind of overcast. As you can see the 9" is in there solid as a rock. This is an awesome set up, I am very pleased!!

sorry for my mug being in the shot but I had to make sure I was turning the camera on and off properly. It was 30 degrees out there, buuurrrrr, the things I do for my V buds! Enjoy....

Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BA! Now lets talk price and can we do the install ourselves!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
BA! Now lets talk price and can we do the install ourselves!
base IRS 9 for G Force i believe runs around 5500 to 5600 bucks (and 1500 for Chris to install). and i am pretty sure Chris will sell the kit as a kit.

so 5600, depending on the extra upgrades you buy...and yes you could do install yourself.

Vman, you lucky devil. looks completely amazing. best 8:29 V video ever...well, best V1 video ever that i have found

Edit: watching that thing is like art in motion. so good i watched in 3 times, the only that would be in over the top, *** in my pants awesome is a 5 grand clutch dump ...but that was pure beauty.

Chris, you are an artist. haha.

Last edited by ColeGraham; 12-12-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
base IRS 9 for G Force i believe runs around 5500 to 5600 bucks (and 1500 for Chris to install). and i am pretty sure Chris will sell the kit as a kit.

so 5600, depending on the extra upgrades you buy...and yes you could do install yourself.

Vman, you lucky devil. looks completely amazing. best 8:29 V video ever...well, best V1 video ever that i have found

Edit: watching that thing is like art in motion. so good i watched in 3 times, the only that would be in over the top, *** in my pants awesome is a 5 grand clutch dump ...but that was pure beauty.

Chris, you are an artist. haha.
lol Cole, once I get the clutch put in and get the car retuned with new dyno numbers I will post those and then head to the track for those launch vids!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok well whats going on here???
Old 12-13-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoJersey05V
ok well whats going on here???
Vman is being a tease
Old 12-13-2010, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

So we are looking at about seven grand installed? I'm on the fence. I am all about building my cars backwards to ensure maximum reliability once I add the power, but I don't know if my peace of mind is worth that much as my V isnt going to be heavily modded(heads and cam at most), and is going to be strictly a street driven daily driver. On the flip side, I may get bored with it and go with twin turbos and a forged 383 down the road... Either way the car is being kept. I made the mistake of dumping eight grand into my '01 TA and then took a huge loss by not reselling the parts and trading it in on the V. God I feel like Farve here. Decisions...Decisions...

Edit: I would just pay the $5500 odd bucks(perfectly reasonable for the product), and do the install myself but metal fabrication is one area where I'm lacking short of grinding some edges and drilling holes. If a complete bolt-in kit comes along consider me sold.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think it will be complete bolt on, since the cradle need to be cut to make room for the housing. but i am sure chris can think of something that will be as close to bolt as he can get.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Vman, do you get any diff whine or other noises inside the cabin?

Do you ever make it to the Houston area? Id love to go for a ride in your V.

I have been on the fence about dropping the coin on this diff when mine hasn't broken yet, it's the constant diff whine that is driving me nuts. If it really is quieter than factory, keeping my sanity will be worth the price.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
i dont think it will be complete bolt on, since the cradle need to be cut to make room for the housing. but i am sure chris can think of something that will be as close to bolt as he can get.
You're right its not a complete bolt in, but Looking at the pictures what needed to be cut and re-boxed was MINIMAL. Any competent welder even an exhaust shop could weld in the pieces to box the cradle. Unless there is something hidden in the install that Chris isn't telling us about.
Don't let the minor cut and welding of the cradle scare anyone away, like you said, its a close to bolt in as you can get.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Launching!

no tease but I think I mentioned this before but the clutch dumps and track vids will not come until I install the MOnster cluch since I am selling the LS7 in there now. The point of the vid was to show you how it performs, the lack of movement in the diff as well as no wheel hop.

I got the Monster clutch in Friday and plan to have it installed by next weekend so I will have the high rpm drops on the street for you real soon and depending on when the track is open will determine when I can get you guys the sticky launches. Many more vids to come though.

Gulf- I cannot even hear the diff inside the cab period- I will do vids of that too as soon as I can make me a camera mount. Chris really know how to set them gears well .

I may take a trip over there, do they still do the cars and coffee or has it been banned which is what I heard?

I need to get me some 20" drag radials asap, working on that now .
Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Houston C&C is sort of on hiatus, or last I heard it was. People started bitching, so they are looking for a new spot. Dallas C&C is still going strong...

Quick Reply: IRS FAB 9 for the CTS-V