Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Attack of the CEL's/NAV Notifications

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPD
which dealer this time? Grossinger in lincolnwood?

they were good to me when i took my V there.
I went to Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg. I didn't get any b.s. about my car being "highly modified" or any one trying to con me into buying something.

My service rep has kept me in the loop through the entire process thus far. GMPP approved the replacement of my alternator, DIM, and coolant temp sensor. I should get the car back tomorrow if everything goes smoothly.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just curious, if you have a check engine light, can you navigate somewhere in the menu to see what code it's throwing? i just had one pop up in the cluster but not sure what it is. car seems to be running fine too.

it's kind of off topic, but not really.

thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tony tone
just curious, if you have a check engine light, can you navigate somewhere in the menu to see what code it's throwing? i just had one pop up in the cluster but not sure what it is. car seems to be running fine too.

it's kind of off topic, but not really.

thanks
I remember reading somewhere that the diagnostic mode that previous Cadillac models used to have was not accessible for our cars. Best bet is to hit up a parts store that offers free CEL scans.

I'm picking up my car today, lets hope I don't get bombarded with notifications the second I leave the lot lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Launching!

I got the car back yesterday, so far, I haven't had any notifications pop-up. Everything appears to be in good working order.

Quick Reply: Attack of the CEL's/NAV Notifications