Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like magnaflow 'spun' converters?

Yeah, shame about the filter issue, but have you thought about those older edelbrock 'open' filters (made for carbs though) or companies like HKS made/make them (to attach right onto opening). I think they're foam, but not sure how well they'd perform:

Could probably come up with a sleeve or something to adapt carb OD to your turbo inlet.

What do you do for MAS on something like this? Our oem units work in a 'blow thru' application? Just curious...
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick man! I'm gonna come chill and hopefully a turbo or 2 will fall onto my car while im there... Haha

Can't wait to see it running!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vmapper
just curious. Im going through the Procharger customization, and the washer fluid container was a nightmare.
I used hollow aluminum to extend it out to the side to get the 3" tube between the rad and the pump washer fluid assembly.
But in doing so, had to extend the pump wiring harness, as well as, the front fascia would then not go on as the washer fluid bottle would then hit the fog light assembly and adjustment screw... then I made a custom aluminum housing and zipped off the plastic housing hitting the container.
I look back and thought, should have just bought a smaller washer fluid container and migrate the pump/seal (which would not have been that hard) over to the new container.... seriously no room.
And the computer, same thing...
Did you dry fit your front fascia with that current driver side pluming in?
A tip of the hat for the customization your doing.
I gotta say though, 4K? all said and done... darn.
And yes, little things just never seem to end and can easily add up
you guys don't realize he is doing it all himself. Did that 4k also include the Tig bro?

Glad I can finally talk about it. Get tired of seeing all the pics you txt me at night and can't talk about it lol!!

I wanna ride. we need to take em to the track... (when we are both running )
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Sick man! I'm gonna come chill and hopefully a turbo or 2 will fall onto my car while im there... Haha

Can't wait to see it running!
LOL he has been working on it till like 9 or 10 every night he can.... (been a few weeks )
Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
9 Second Club

Looks great.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

I hate you so much. I just put 2 grand in the bank but Im gonna let it build interest so that way in a few years I can do a twin rear mount. JELOUSY
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hXc95SLS
I hate you so much. I just put 2 grand in the bank but Im gonna let it build interest so that way in a few years I can do a twin rear mount. JELOUSY
with just 2k in the bank itll be 30 years before you accrue enough interest to do it lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

plus inflation..hehe.

Nice job on the DIY turbos! Most don't realize how (relatively) cheap a project can be if you provide your own labor.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Well done. Subscribed.

LAW
Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

What oil pump are you going to use to get the used turbo oil back into the oil pan? Maybe something like this will work for your intakes. It looks like its way tight to the cradle and the rear control arm mount. Please post up pictures of your solution when you have one. Cool project. Have you driven the car with the Nissan diff installed?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gus_Mahn
What oil pump are you going to use to get the used turbo oil back into the oil pan? Maybe something like this will work for your intakes. It looks like its way tight to the cradle and the rear control arm mount. Please post up pictures of your solution when you have one. Cool project. Have you driven the car with the Nissan diff installed?
Im using the pump from these guys http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm, what sold me is the pump mechanism uses bronze gears. There is no rubber or plastic diaphragm to fail, especially since the pump is moving very hot oil. I have never used one before, so I can't give first hand experience. It is also the same pump HPF uses in their M3 turbo kits, which they have very good results with.

Great find on the cobra head intake, but the intake of the turbo is 3.5" and they don't make a 3.5" cobra head... But I'm 99% sure I can squeeze a 45 degree silicon coupler in there and run pipe from there.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Looking good! Cant wait to hear it!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Looking good! Cant wait to hear it!
Don't you mean tune it?

I like this pic!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

Minor set back last night, I welded the IAT bung in backwards. It totally slipped my mind that it is a NPT taper fitting, so of course I welded the larger end of the taper to the charge pipe so the sensor can't thread in. It's only a $10 bung, but I doubt I'll be able to have another one shipped here before everything shuts down for thanksgiving.

On a positive note, I have all day to work in it Friday and plan to wrap up all the lose ends then, hopefully the IAT bung will be in and I can start it up.

A better pic of the AN fitting I Tig welded to the timing cover.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

great thread.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domsz06
you guys don't realize he is doing it all himself. Did that 4k also include the Tig bro?

I completely realize he is doing it all himself. And I would highly doubt that price 'includes the tig. How much do you think turbos, BOV and aluminum, supplies, silicon elbows, clamps, filters, and inter coolers cost? Dont forget new plugs, coolant, oil etc... this is not 10 bucks here and 10 bucks there. nor was i close at listing all required that cant be fabbed.
And what about what he is going to do with tuning? SD? gotta run out and buy a 2Bar (at least). more $$. what about check valves for the PCV? what about gauges?

I am doing my setup all myself as well, there is no kit. I have slipped over 5K now in parts and aluminum, steel, bolts, pipe, brackets, blower, check values, various amounts of vac hose, catch cans, etc not including tig. Though, $700+ of it was on dampers and pulleys. And another $300 on 102mm MAF. But I believe 4K in parts and supplies (at least), so I discredit your comment unless the man himself says otherwise.

I dont mean to jack this thread, I leave the spotlight to the turbo master here.... Just had to comment on the far fetched comment.

Great fabrication work!

Last edited by vmapper; 11-23-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I completely realize he is doing it all himself. And I would highly doubt that price 'includes the tig. How much do you think turbos, BOV and aluminum, supplies, silicon elbows, clamps, filters, and inter coolers cost? Dont forget new plugs, coolant, oil etc... this is not 10 bucks here and 10 bucks there. nor was i close at listing all required that cant be fabbed.
And what about what he is going to do with tuning? SD? gotta run out and buy a 2Bar (at least). more $$. what about check valves for the PCV? what about gauges?

I am doing my setup all myself as well, there is no kit. I have slipped over 5K now in parts and aluminum, steel, bolts, pipe, brackets, blower, check values, various amounts of vac hose, catch cans, etc not including tig. Though, $700+ of it was on dampers and pulleys. And another $300 on 102mm MAF. But I believe 4K in parts and supplies (at least), so I discredit your comment unless the man himself says otherwise.

I dont mean to jack this thread, I leave the spotlight to the turbo master here.... Just had to comment on the far fetched comment.

Great fabrication work!
Domz is the Ops brother I believe so i think he would know what hes talking about.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Great fabrication work!
see below. I'm very aware of what my brother has put into this, and I'm also very aware of what he has paid for a lot of the parts, as I was having a beer with him when he brought the turbos and a lot of other goodies by as he just picked them up.

I know there is no kit, If there was he would have gotten it, The amount of work he has put into this is incredible. I have had to keep quite about it for what 5 weeks now bro? And I have only stopped by a handful of times as the shop is on the oppisite side of Houston, for now.

He has gotten good deals on a lot of this stuff, I don't know if he included the tig or not, hence the question, but adding in my head it could be in there, but again I don't know all of his parts he has bought.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Domz is the Ops brother I believe so i think he would know what hes talking about.
Thanks.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great fabrication work!
you should make a thread with what your are attempting to do. prices differ greatly for various things.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Whats your plans on keep the trans temp under control w/ those giant glowing snails on both sides? Small heat shield?

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!