Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

So I ordered a Tremec TR6060

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
You will be noticeably faster in reverse.
After reading the gear comparisons and noticing that the biggest difference was the reverse ratios, I was trying to think of some smart@$$ comment to make and while scrolling down I saw yours and literally busted out laughing.....I could see it on YouTube now..... "CTS-V vs CTS-V with Camaro trans Race in Reverse"......From a dig of course
Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
After reading the gear comparisons and noticing that the biggest difference was the reverse ratios, I was trying to think of some smart@$$ comment to make and while scrolling down I saw yours and literally busted out laughing.....I could see it on YouTube now..... "CTS-V vs CTS-V with Camaro trans Race in Reverse"......From a dig of course
itll accelerate fastwer, but top speed in reverse will also drop.....so is it still faster lol
Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't it just be easier to measure the installed height of the stock clutch? That way I know exactly how thick the shim needs to be. I'd rather make the shim before I have everything apart and trying to install the new clutch.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really. The correct way would be to measure the slave because your new clutch doesn't have an adjustable pressure plate. The diagram fingers can move in and out quite a bit with the SAC pressure plate so to get the most accurate measurement, you should measure the slave.

Quick Reply: So I ordered a Tremec TR6060