Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Comp mode vs turning off TCS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat as JD_Z28. Mine is all stock and will show when everything is fully off (after holding down for 5+seconds), but I have never seen CM come on the screen after I pushed the button twice in less than 5 seconds.

Help!

LAW
Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Launching!

I think there are a couple of things like TPMS that can prevent vehicle from going in to CM but mostly likely cause is that your radio isn't programmed correctly for the V. A dealer can do it with a tech II
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

So what is the correct way to go into cm?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
I think there are a couple of things like TPMS that can prevent vehicle from going in to CM but mostly likely cause is that your radio isn't programmed correctly for the V. A dealer can do it with a tech II
Is there a reason why GM didn't program some of them right from the factory? My car is still a virgin.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Launching!

If yours is truly a virgin (I'm doubting that ...looks like a total **** to me), then it may not be the radio programming causing your issue. I doubt they would mess that up right from the factory but this is GM we're talking about lol.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
If yours is truly a virgin (I'm doubting that ...looks like a total **** to me), then it may not be the radio programming causing your issue. I doubt they would mess that up right from the factory but this is GM we're talking about lol.
Just because eveyone in town has had a ride in her doesn't make her a ****.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheLAW
I'm in the same boat as JD_Z28. Mine is all stock and will show when everything is fully off (after holding down for 5+seconds), but I have never seen CM come on the screen after I pushed the button twice in less than 5 seconds.

Help!

LAW
Originally Posted by chitown21y
So what is the correct way to go into cm?
the way i get into CM is press the TC botton on the steering wheel once and then press it again about 2 seconds later.

its just like a normal button press, and i dont hold it down.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

So what happens to the traction control options when u go to an aftermarket radio? I was assuming everything still works like normal just not able to be displayed on the new unit. Surely I can't be stuck with the stock head unit!?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D Block
So what happens to the traction control options when u go to an aftermarket radio? I was assuming everything still works like normal just not able to be displayed on the new unit. Surely I can't be stuck with the stock head unit!?
i dont think that the head unit will effect TC/CM/SC, it just wont display like it would on the stock one...but with the nanny state that cars are being produced with now it would surprise me.

i could be wrong though.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Launching!

I'm 99.9% positive that you cannot get in to CM without the stock head unit; however, if you replace our nav head unit with the standard cts head unit (non-nav DIC), you can still get in to CM and retain all other functions. On the other forum there is a thread where someone wanted an aftermarket nav head unit so they hacked up the console and used a standard cts non-nav DIC so all stock features could be accessed (including CM) and used the extra space for a pioneer nav head unit or something. It looked super nice and clean and worked out very well for him.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Isn't there a button in the glovebox so you can change the traction control with an aftermarket radio installed. I've never looked but I think it was in the owners manual.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes there is one in the glove box...
Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gus_Mahn
To me the competitive mode is still too restrictive. Mine kicks is very often in CM, and I don't even think I'm sliding much. Still, I don't usually turn it all the way off.

The car will occasionally make a violent sideways movement when I speedshift 2-3, and I'm not sure if I would lose it without stability control. I wish it would start in CM, and that CM would free it up a little more than it does.
My previous V was very dangerous with stability system on when I would try to drive fast. With a maggie, cam, and meth, I'd come out of a turn on old country back roads and really roll into the throttle hard. The tiny bumps in the road would throw the computer off, so as I'm gettting some good speed going it would apply brakes to correct a condition it sensed, but really wasn't present. Almost jerked me off the road and gave me a helluva adrenaline rush. When I boogie now, it's in comp mode.

To get into comp mode I hold the button for like 15 seconds. Screen also tells me Stability system is off.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Holding the button down will turn everything off and that is not competition mode. CM is accessed by pressing button twice within a few seconds.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah that.^^^^^

It also says Competitive Mode on the radio instead of Stability System Off.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Why would my factory radio display the "Stability System Off", but not the "Competition Mode" setting?!?

LAW
Old 01-07-2011, 05:17 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Because it's programmed wrong.

Quick Reply: Comp mode vs turning off TCS