Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What would you do? I think this is a big issue.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you do? I think this is a big issue.....

i bought my car in Nov. of last year. Ive been working so much i havnt had time to tear into it and look at anything i.e, air filter, pull the engine cover off to look at everything and just look at it..you know, kinda the way you do your newborn child..lol..

Anyways tonight i was doing so and thought about customizing my own cai and so i commenced to removing the air box and engine cover to get a look at everything. When i first removed my engine cover i noticed some tree seadlings around my pass. side fuel rail, I didnt think anything of it so i just fluffed it off. I start removeing the intake tube from the tb to the air box ....np everything went smooth, then i remove the airbox completely and randomly flip it over and look in the fender cold air inlet for the airbox and what to my suprise but a huge mouse nest inside the airbox......

I bought this car from a pretty reputable dealer here in indy, and im concerned that if this is in there what other problems might i have with the car....Should i take the air box and the pics i took to the dealer and see what theyll do about it or do i just clean off everything and go along my marry way and hope nothing happens with the car? Also if this were the case with my car what kinda crap have they been selling to everyone else on their used car lot?

your thoughts?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would be calling them and taking pictures to send them to see what they will do about it. and see if they will do a check to make sure everything is ok. but thats me...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 AM
TECH Resident

like you said your car has been standing there for a while chances are if it was cold and u drove it home and didnt start it for a few days a mouse found itself a home in your air box simple that happens all the time to cars the stand in one place for a while, i dont think you would have been able to drive the car if the mouse came with it from the dealer
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

^^^^ what he said. The dealer will argue that mouse made his nest sometime within the 9 months or so that you've owned the car and there's no way u will be able to prove them wrong. Now, if u found the nest the day after u bought the car that would be a different story.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Launching!

I wouldn't sweat it over a mouse nest... it happens. Just clean it out and move along. It couldn't have done any harm.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
I wouldn't sweat it over a mouse nest... it happens. Just clean it out and move along. It couldn't have done any harm.
+1 when i bought my car CPO btw, i took the engine cover off a few days after getting it and there was a tiny nest buy the fuel rail. I picked it out and trashed it. Im sure there are more then a few car owners who dont drive there car in the winter. So how long does it really take for those damn mice to build a nest? Not mroe then a couple days if they are abundant. I wouldnt be crying over it, trash it and no harm done.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would clean it up check some of the surrounding wires to make sure they didnt eat anything for lunch and then go hammer my right foot to the floor board and smile again.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:11 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with chitown21y. Check the wiring around the engine compartment and call it a day.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, that is in no way the dealers fault. Last year I had mice build a nest in my engine right on top of the intake. I drove that car every single day. Talk about dangerous. Aluminum intakes get HOT
Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D Block
^^^^ what he said. The dealer will argue that mouse made his nest sometime within the 9 months or so that you've owned the car and there's no way u will be able to prove them wrong. Now, if u found the nest the day after u bought the car that would be a different story.
no you miss understood me..ive only had the ar for like 2 months....but i was kinda thinking the same even though ive only had the car that long....
Old 01-12-2011, 04:48 AM
On The Tree

Ah yeah my apologies bud. Still gettin used to the whole 2011 thing. Guess my internal time clock is all jacked up. Lol