Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

C63 amg

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ICECREAM: the amg you raced, was it stock?

GNXS: ya my buddy lives downtown chicago. but theres no way hed go race you. the thought of it makes me laugh, as he drives like a grampa. im gonna have to really bug him to race against me. i was the one who convinced him to get the amg. he loves cars but never had a chance to really get into the whole car world or racing. hes the goalie for the blackhawks so his whole life has been dedicated to hockey even though i know he loves cars. hes always asking me questions about my cars and what cars i like, and when he asked what i thought about the c-class, i almost begged him to get the amg! i metioned going to the track when he gets back(hes never even been) he thought i meant a road course and thought that would be fun. we have a awesome road track in mont-tremblant that you can do laps on a few times ayear so im sure he will want to try it out. like i said if i do get him to run a few rolling starts it wont be anything serious. just for ***** and giggles. i sure he will let me run it down the 1320 too. i just cant wait to drive it. hopefully once he gets it in his blood, he will want to get it tuned and maybe exhaust too.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the one i race from highway speeds onwards walked away from me like i was in one gear to high. just pulled and pulled on me.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down

from your sig i dont see any mods except a tune, so id expect the c63 to pull you on the highway. i was talking with him tonight and he said theres a troad track in chicago that they teach you to drive on with your own car. hes gonna look into it and maybe this spring ill drive down and we'll have some fun.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9chevy7

GNXS: ya my buddy lives downtown chicago. but theres no way hed go race you. the thought of it makes me laugh, as he drives like a grampa. im gonna have to really bug him to race against me. i was the one who convinced him to get the amg. he loves cars but never had a chance to really get into the whole car world or racing. hes the goalie for the blackhawks so his whole life has been dedicated to hockey even though i know he loves cars. hes always asking me questions about my cars and what cars i like, and when he asked what i thought about the c-class, i almost begged him to get the amg! i metioned going to the track when he gets back(hes never even been) he thought i meant a road course and thought that would be fun. we have a awesome road track in mont-tremblant that you can do laps on a few times ayear so im sure he will want to try it out. like i said if i do get him to run a few rolling starts it wont be anything serious. just for ***** and giggles. i sure he will let me run it down the 1320 too. i just cant wait to drive it. hopefully once he gets it in his blood, he will want to get it tuned and maybe exhaust too.
Very cool and it's great that you are able to influence him into buying a fun car.

If you're ever out this way in the warmer weather, drop me a PM and we'll drag him out to Byron for some 1320 action.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cobra29svt

Either way you look at it, 60% of my runs were 109+.
perhaps you mean 20% of the runs were 109+ (as you only show one over out of five)
or 25% if you remove your 'wheel hop induced' run.

OP:
Just race the C63 already!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Teching In

GNXS: well after talikng with him last night, he told me theres a road track in chicago where you bring your car and they show you how to drive it on the track and then you get to do laps. he was very interested and was i. he is going to look into it some more and i might drive my car down there this spring and do some laps with him. so if we end up doing this, ill definately shoot you a pm and you could come with us and im sure we could get him to the drag strip as well.

VMAPPER: i would love to race him now, but i live in montreal, and hes in chicago! and my car is in storage for the winter, so nothings gonna happen till the spring thats for sure.but that gives me plenty of time to get some headers and install my alky kit and get it tuned!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

GNXS: well after talikng with him last night, he told me theres a road track in chicago where you bring your car and they show you how to drive it on the track and then you get to do laps. he was very interested and was i. he is going to look into it some more and i might drive my car down there this spring and do some laps with him. so if we end up doing this, ill definately shoot you a pm and you could come with us and im sure we could get him to the drag strip as well.

VMAPPER: i would love to race him now, but i live in montreal, and hes in chicago! and my car is in storage for the winter, so nothings gonna happen till the spring thats for sure.but that gives me plenty of time to get some headers and install my alky kit and get it tuned!
He's likely referring to Autobahn and yes, it's a beautiful facility but expensive depending on what you're there for.

I ran a few laps in a new CTS-V Coupe there as part of a "V" Performance Driving Event. It's a cool place. Drop me a PM if you guys go.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

I've eaten a V2....2 infact. Perhaps they were just old men driving
Old 01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vmapper
perhaps you mean 20% of the runs were 109+ (as you only show one over out of five)
or 25% if you remove your 'wheel hop induced' run.

Perhaps you need a little help with math. Is 0.83 closer to 0 or 1? How about 0.85 & 0.98? Fact is, he said 105-107.

So lets say an ant is crawling along at 0.98mph. So according to you it's going zero?

PS: I didn't have any wheel hop.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Teching In

GNXS: i guess thats the one. if it happens, ill definately pm you date and time were going. and if time is tight i would even fly there and he will let me lap his car.

DEEDUBB: finally some one who actually raced a v2 with a maggied v1. i thought i was being very realistic when i said i thought i would beat a stock c63 from a roll and that im sure my maggied v1 could pull a stock v2. i will have headers and alky kit installed early this spring, so i should be around the hp as you. also what OD pulley are you running? wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to run a 2.6"? i was thinking of getting one made from REICHARD RACING. they custom make pulleys and they have a unique groove that acts as an anti slip. preety cool, they did a pulley swap on a ford lightning and they show a dyno graph with the reuslts. google them and check it out, pretty neat stuff. ive read about them on some mustang forums and seems to be legit.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cobra29svt
Perhaps you need a little help with math. Is 0.83 closer to 0 or 1? How about 0.85 & 0.98? Fact is, he said 105-107.

So lets say an ant is crawling along at 0.98mph. So according to you it's going zero?

PS: I didn't have any wheel hop.
lol, ok buddy, I need help with math? Your going to tell me a number less than something, is rounded up and it's correct. ahh ok.

What you should have said was "Vmapper, round it up, its close" I would say, yea, I know, its all good... instead, I dont know math... and you give some pathetic ant example like a douche. And 'according to me an ant is going zero? wtf?) lol.

Alright then...

An Ant going .98mph is going .98MPH, its not going 1.00. its also not going zero as you so eloquently put it. WHY ARE YOU ROUNDING? You have just given the PRECISION in your question, then the answer keeps that precision. 0.98.
Your account doesnt have 1000 bucks in it if you only have 998.
If you make 26.94 per hour, you state you make 27?

Tell your engine builder to ROUND up the bore next time and tolerances, see what happens, round up those bearings, round up those ring gaps.

I merely corrected your SKEWED vision of percent. You want to HIT 60% of your Runs 109+ ... then do it! 108.8 doesnt count. Last time I CHECKED, 108.8 is not greater than 109. Its sure fn close, but thats what it is...
and in your little world, apparently 108.8 IS over 109 (you added the little + sign). (and I need math help...)

you SHOULD have stated, 60% of my runs are roughly or approximately 109mph. they are NOT 109+ ..... they are 108+.

I know what your getting at, but you cant call me incorrect, that I need help with math, that is not the case.

My appologies 9chevy7 for off topic.

CLRF

Last edited by vmapper; 01-27-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, you're right. I should have spelled it out for ya a little better since I can assume little ****** always become big ****** on a forum. You appologize to the OP for derailing his thread, but yet the entire reason for your original post was just to stir up some sh*t.

Incase you didn't notice, I posted the EXACT mph. I know 108.98 is not 109.... I POSTED it! If I was worried about some d*ck head coming along w/ too much time on his hands, I would have just wrote 109 instead of the 108.XX. I also know that it's not 108 either, but that it's more 109 than it is 108. Right or wrong?

I know you know what I'm getting at. Anyone w/ the least bit of knowledge can figure that out. The difference is you're the one who made the post w/ the sole intention of starting an arguement. If you're looking at you analog speedometer while you're driving 66.98 mph, what are you gonna say if your passenger asks how fast your going? Notice I had to say analog. If not, I'm sure you would make another stupid smirk about how you use the digital speedo....blah-blah-blah. I'd bet the digital speedo would read 67 though.

"What you should have said was "Vmapper, round it up, its close""
No, what I should have said was Vmapper, pull the d*ck outta your azz & find something more productive to do with your time. Instead, you want to talk about engine building tolerances, something that demands precision & relate it to something that doesn't.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

he was lowered had a tune and exhaust
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Teching In

ICECREAM: are you just maggied or do you have any supporting mods? i know the stock c63 is governed at 155mph, but with the tune theyre good for 190mph. im surprised that he only ran 12.40 @114mph. thats almost almost stock for those beasts. maybe he had it in full auto. still very fast for a 4 door.

anyways, ive got some time to get my car ready. i already have an alky kit, im getting headers and then a dyno tune. so hopelly this will be enough to keep me in front!

i wonder what makes those cars so strong up top. they about the same weight and have less hp. maybe its aerodynamics. i mean the c63 is sleek and our v's are pretty boxey.who knows.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ICECREAM: are you just maggied or do you have any supporting mods? i know the stock c63 is governed at 155mph, but with the tune theyre good for 190mph. im surprised that he only ran 12.40 @114mph. thats almost almost stock for those beasts. maybe he had it in full auto. still very fast for a 4 door.

anyways, ive got some time to get my car ready. i already have an alky kit, im getting headers and then a dyno tune. so hopelly this will be enough to keep me in front!

i wonder what makes those cars so strong up top. they about the same weight and have less hp. maybe its aerodynamics. i mean the c63 is sleek and our v's are pretty boxey.who knows.
gearing
Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah those 7 speeds have if i recall 5 drive and two over drives
while we have 4 drive and 2 over drive.

just a better geared vehicle for acceleration.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Iam just maggied with intercooler and custom tune no headers or meth and no wheel hop kit of any kind

Quick Reply: C63 amg