Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

drive shaft fell apart...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive shaft fell apart...

During my clutch install today. when i pulled off my drive shaft the back part that hooks to the read diff fell apart and ball bearings came out Can i just repack it with grease and put it back together? Has anyone done this? thier was a dry gasket in the one side but now its covered with grease. anyone got any advise at all?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:40 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can put it back together. I have done it to mine. Just have a lot of patience.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 PM

Question drive shaft fixed clutch cable broke

Ok got it back together, lots of patience. i used GM axel grease hope that works.
Next problem finished up install today, but I didnt push the slave cylinder line in all the way to the master cylinder line and when my buddy went to bleed it....SNAP! broke the plastic piece that connects the clutch cable to the pedal. its on the back side of the clutch pedal. cant find this part any where online, have yet to try a dealer. do i have to replace the whole cable, cause it looks like its swedged over the cable from the factory? or is this piece part of the master cylinder assembly? we did hoke up the lines correct and rig it with a clamp, got it to work but not good to drive yet.
On a better note swaped my motor mounts also and my old ones had huge cuts in them and bleed every where when we pulled them out.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

seen a one piece somewhere...
but of course its 1000
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 PM

Well i got everything back together again. after changing my clutch master and bleeding the crap out of it, the car drives...But a couple more issues. I installed LS7 clutch, flywheel, slave, remote bleeder, new clutch master cylinder (cause i broke the old one) and UUC motor mounts(from Lindsay cadillac).
First issue: when i slow down and the car begins to chug from low rpm in any gear but first i got a clinking noise from under center console just behind arm rest. only a few clinks but sounded like somthing hitting the exhaust jacked up car and the heat shield bolt left side from under carrier bearing, was hitting the exhaust. tried to readjust but didnt work. looking at the exhaust its pulled real bad the the right of the car all the way back. the right side sits flush from the back of the cats but the left has a half inch gap. i have a B&B 3inch with x-pipe. i want to put a new gasket and hardware on the cat back contection. where can i get the new gasket? is it specific to the B&B or just a new stock one will work?
Second issue: during high RPM shifts (3k and over) the clutch peddel vibrates bad...not big vibrations, well feels like a vibrator. i only feel it when i engage the clutch, and really only felt it when i was shifting above 50MPH from 3rd gear and up. is this from the new clutch and will it go away with time?
third issue: the whole car vibrates guess i wasnt ready for the stiff mounts but dang its alot! just need some reassurance i did the install correct i have read alot about spacers for new flywheels but the ls7 clutch doesnt need one as long as you use the ls7 slave correct?
any thought would be good. thanks again

Quick Reply: drive shaft fell apart...