Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Look what the FedEx guy dropped off!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexl08
You must of misunderstood him. These rotor will far exceed 12+ track days depending on the driver. Ive seen the same rotors on a similar set up on an evo with 01 track pads last 17 track days with proper ventilation
This. If you do the math, the 2 piece will actually be cheaper in the long run, not to mention all of the track benefits.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I think he just won the pads, and paid for the rotors.....and yes 1800 for rotors makes me , but if thats what makes you happy then im all for it.
yes you are correct, i just won the pads.

different strokes for different folks. $1200 for long tubes and high flow cats makes ME barf, but on the other hand i'll drop a ton of coin on suspension and brakes for my car, because that's the area I feel the car needs the most improvement.

you need to take that thing out on a road course where it really shines. it will make you forget about how much it sucks as a drag racing car, lol. Summit Point isn't too far from you.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks pimp bud!

Congrats on scoring the win with the pads!

PF makes some nice stuff. That 2 piece rotor looks ****!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smbstyle
yes you are correct, i just won the pads.

different strokes for different folks. $1200 for long tubes and high flow cats makes ME barf, but on the other hand i'll drop a ton of coin on suspension and brakes for my car, because that's the area I feel the car needs the most improvement.

you need to take that thing out on a road course where it really shines. it will make you forget about how much it sucks as a drag racing car, lol. Summit Point isn't too far from you.
I dont blame you on spenging the coin. I have two friends who are trying to get me to go to Summit and/or VIR, but i dont have a trailer and i feel like that is HARD on the car to drive 4 hrs there, beat the hell of of her for hours, then drive her home. Its my daily during the spring, summer, and fall and thatll get expensive with brakes, tires, clutch. Maybe one day i truly would love to try it.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I dont blame you on spenging the coin. I have two friends who are trying to get me to go to Summit and/or VIR, but i dont have a trailer and i feel like that is HARD on the car to drive 4 hrs there, beat the hell of of her for hours, then drive her home. Its my daily during the spring, summer, and fall and thatll get expensive with brakes, tires, clutch. Maybe one day i truly would love to try it.
valid point; i dont blame you at all. plus, West Virginia is not a place I want to be stranded in... I hear the banjo music starts at sundown....
Old 02-18-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

valid point; i dont blame you at all. plus, West Virginia is not a place I want to be stranded in... I hear the banjo music starts at sundown....
mmm...french fried potaters
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like WV and am actually slight redneck lol. But the bills would kill me more then the banjo music.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lighter rotating mass, better cooling channels in the rotor, rotor itself runs cooler due to better ventilation and the aluminum hat heat dissipation, better pad wear and better rotor wear, longer rotor life, less prone to warp... thats just all i can think of off the top of my head.

EDIT: oh yeah, and they look F&#@ing BAD ***. lol
All that, plus an added bonus I didn't expect with my two-piece fronts is pad noise was reduced. I'm assuming due to the floating design.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
All that, plus an added bonus I didn't expect with my two-piece fronts is pad noise was reduced. I'm assuming due to the floating design.
good point, the whole floating rotor design itself has it's own lists of benefits...