Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Look what the FedEx guy dropped off!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look what the FedEx guy dropped off!!

I won a contest last week on Facebook for a free set of Performance Friction pads and I went with the 01 compound pads for the front and rear. When the PFC rep called me to get some info on the car, I told him I was also interested in a set of rotors since my stockers are shot. He informed me they make a 2 piece front and rear rotor for our cars. After seeing how most of the race teams at the Daytona 24 Hour race were running their pads, rotors and calipers (including the #1 and #2 finishing DP cars), I knew they would hold up good.

First off, these things are absolutely GORGEOUS. very fairly priced as well; I think they're around the same price as the Racing Brake 2 piece rotors. Nothing against Racing Brake, but PFC has a very good reputation and is what really swayed me to running their equipment.

I cannot wait to run these in two months at Sebring. Along with their pads and rotors, I will be running Castrol SRF brake fluid and flushing out my ATE super blue just to be safe.

Big thanks to Alex and Chris at PFC. If you all want to pick up a set give Alex Leonard a call; he is a stand up guy and will take care of you.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Launching!

very nice!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, those look awesome. Can you say what the price of the rotors are?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whisler151
Wow, those look awesome. Can you say what the price of the rotors are?
they were about $450 each; about the same price as the RB rotors.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

450 per rotor so 1800 for the car? I may be in the market in the future where can I order them? They have a website?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn...and people say FB is useless
Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chitown21y
450 per rotor so 1800 for the car? I may be in the market in the future where can I order them? They have a website?

i dont think their website has our rotors updated in their parts catalog, so you'll have to call. here is their number, 800-521-8874 , ask for Alex Leonard and tell him Scott with the CTS-V sent you. He'll take care of you!

for those concerned about the price; these will hold up better and last you longer than the crappy blanks you buy for $400 total; and once you buy the full setup, you only have to buy the rings later on and just mount them to the hat you already have. That's what really sold me on these. I'd rather not swap out rotors after every other track event b/c they are totally shot or warped.

I was also thinking we could get a group buy set-up with a little discount if we get a group of guys interested for these rotors... and I know they have a massive big brake kit in the works, that is even lighter than the stock calipers...

Last edited by smbstyle; 02-17-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow man those look awesome!!! Props on the new brake setup, if I could afford the rotors right now, I would jump on them, let us know your thoughts on the whole setup when you get out there and use them.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you know how much the replacement rotor rings cost?

Also, they look great and thanks for posting. It's nice to know what is available for our cars.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those look great, can't wait to hear how they hold up on the track.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aurora40
Do you know how much the replacement rotor rings cost?

Also, they look great and thanks for posting. It's nice to know what is available for our cars.
i think the rings are like $200.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats the advantage to running 2 piece rotors like that?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Less unsprung weight is always a good thing.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Whats the advantage to running 2 piece rotors like that?
lighter rotating mass, better cooling channels in the rotor, rotor itself runs cooler due to better ventilation and the aluminum hat heat dissipation, better pad wear and better rotor wear, longer rotor life, less prone to warp... thats just all i can think of off the top of my head.

EDIT: oh yeah, and they look F&#@ing BAD ***. lol
Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice, that is some serious stopping power!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELL YEAH...I got two HUGE boxes from FedEx today myself.....Opened them up like a kid on Christmas because I didn't recognize the sender......Much to my disappointment after opening it was just some mktg materials from my work...They had them sent directly from the printers.....If I could only be as lucky as you..ahahaha
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smbstyle
for those concerned about the price; these will hold up better and last you longer than the crappy blanks you buy for $400 total; and once you buy the full setup, you only have to buy the rings later on and just mount them to the hat you already have. That's what really sold me on these. I'd rather not swap out rotors after every other track event b/c they are totally shot or warped.
I'm not knocking on your free contest winnings of an $1800 rotor set w/pads. But who in their right mind that daily drives and tracks for fun three to four times a year would spend $1800 on a set of rotors? Especially if the selling point is that after two of those track events, you have to replace them! If your warping rotors or trashing them after 40-50mi. worth of tracking every other month, you have other issues to handle than re-purchasing an $1800 set of rotors.

A guy who introduced me to Texas World Speedway this summer has had his rotors and pads on his 335i for three years worth of tracking and daily driving. He has gone through 3 sets of tires, fluids for the car and himself, and track fees. I can't imagine that anyone making <$100K/yr is going to jump on this anytime soon.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by -T-
I'm not knocking on your free contest winnings of an $1800 rotor set w/pads. But who in their right mind that daily drives and tracks for fun three to four times a year would spend $1800 on a set of rotors? Especially if the selling point is that after two of those track events, you have to replace them! If your warping rotors or trashing them after 40-50mi. worth of tracking every other month, you have other issues to handle than re-purchasing an $1800 set of rotors.

A guy who introduced me to Texas World Speedway this summer has had his rotors and pads on his 335i for three years worth of tracking and daily driving. He has gone through 3 sets of tires, fluids for the car and himself, and track fees. I can't imagine that anyone making <$100K/yr is going to jump on this anytime soon.
I think he just won the pads, and paid for the rotors.....and yes 1800 for rotors makes me , but if thats what makes you happy then im all for it.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by -T-

You must of misunderstood him. These rotor will far exceed 12+ track days depending on the driver. Ive seen the same rotors on a similar set up on an evo with 01 track pads last 17 track days with proper ventilation
Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -T-

you are completely mistaken. I was saying that the STOCK blank 1 piece rotors will last two events or so before they start warping. I expect to get two years or more out of these rotors with about 5 track events a year before I have to replace the rings. These actually end up being CHEAPER in the end. I'd rather run these 2 piece rotors where they will last me a few years instead of throwing away $400 every other track event.