Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Today was Bath Day...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Not gonna lie...silver focus parked next to a black Viper made laugh a little bit.

what happened to the Syclone? those bastards are fetching some money now...
I miss that little Focus. I had the bright idea to replace it with an '09 Cobalt SS which was way, way faster, but damn what a horrible car... Traded that on my V - which I can't describe how much more I enjoy.

Last I heard the Syclone is down your way in Grand Prarie(sp?) TX. I bought that new in March '92 and slowly made it faster until the #1 piston let go, then it spent some time in Kentucky at McCoy Motorsports where it received a built motor/trans. Then I brought it home and ran 10's on 20psi. Motor was built to handle 28+psi(800+hp), but I never ran it that hard.

I sold it back in '05 to the guy from TX. He and his buddy flew up one weekend, bought the truck, and drove it back to Texas w/ no problems - right through the remains of Hurricane Dennis w/ drag radials on all 4 corners.

Damn fun truck, but I grew tired of the constant Tune-Ups and leaking Head Gaskets. 13,000 original miles when I sold it. I do miss the mind-bending acceleration, but my Viper actually pulls harder on the top end. Of course, not much could touch the Syclone off the line.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

shes purdy!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
I had a Typhoon right outta high school.....Bit a pine tree at about 95mph.... The 6-8 of them I've seen in the past 14 years since makes me wanna puke over the fact that I don't still have it

Originally Posted by ferny
shes purdy!
just needs the ambers gone and to be lowered a bit, and then she will be ready.

Originally Posted by mhhamrhead
I miss that little Focus. I had the bright idea to replace it with an '09 Cobalt SS which was way, way faster, but damn what a horrible car... Traded that on my V - which I can't describe how much more I enjoy.

Last I heard the Syclone is down your way in Grand Prarie(sp?) TX. I bought that new in March '92 and slowly made it faster until the #1 piston let go, then it spent some time in Kentucky at McCoy Motorsports where it received a built motor/trans. Then I brought it home and ran 10's on 20psi. Motor was built to handle 28+psi(800+hp), but I never ran it that hard.

I sold it back in '05 to the guy from TX. He and his buddy flew up one weekend, bought the truck, and drove it back to Texas w/ no problems - right through the remains of Hurricane Dennis w/ drag radials on all 4 corners.

Damn fun truck, but I grew tired of the constant Tune-Ups and leaking Head Gaskets. 13,000 original miles when I sold it. I do miss the mind-bending acceleration, but my Viper actually pulls harder on the top end. Of course, not much could touch the Syclone off the line.
13,000...jesus. i have been flipping through some site looking at buy a new "toy" since the V is my DD now (and like to break things). at the top of my new toy list is the Grand National, Typhoon, or Syclone...

Last edited by ColeGraham; 02-23-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^You looking for a mercury cyclone? (he he, sorry had to)...I had a Syclone when it was still pretty new and loved that truck...Only thing is the cast pistons/rods they put in from factory were prone to blowing the engine, which is what happened to mine [bent and twisted rod] didn't realize it was that at the time and took it to some POS repair place and long story short, they screwed me on the new engine and never ran the same (long story)...Son was born in 96, so I had to sell it. One of those cars i wished I could've kept, although I did make some money on it.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
^^^You looking for a mercury cyclone? (he he, sorry had to)...I had a Syclone when it was still pretty new and loved that truck...Only thing is the cast pistons/rods they put in from factory were prone to blowing the engine, which is what happened to mine [bent and twisted rod] didn't realize it was that at the time and took it to some POS repair place and long story short, they screwed me on the new engine and never ran the same (long story)...Son was born in 96, so I had to sell it. One of those cars i wished I could've kept, although I did make some money on it.
haha...i'm dumb when it comes to typing (Fixed).

the ones i have found (with lower miles) are going for mid to upper 20s...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, yeah I was just giving you a hard time...

Wow, they really increased in value! I bought mine in '94 for 15.8k and they had just sold a NEW one (leftover 91) a month before for 17k. damn. I ended selling mine a couple years later for like $18.5k and then they seemed to drop for awhile. Yeah, should've kept it, ha ha...They are just so impractical.

Actually, the ones that are worth a fortune are the marlboro ones...IIRC, they were red, but could be wrong (it's been years)...gonna go look those up now, for the heck of it.

[edit - here's some info: http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/...eature22.html]
Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Looks good man, but when you getting clear corners?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roidz24
Looks good man, but when you getting clear corners?
i wont be clearing them, i am going to go with smoked corners and black DRLs...after the H&Rs i ordered this weekend go on her...
Old 03-02-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Very nice bro... mine looks like I ran thru a mud pit at 100+mph and hit a shitting bird in the process... lol

We having a C&C this Saturday or what? Lol
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Very nice bro... mine looks like I ran thru a mud pit at 100+mph and hit a shitting bird in the process... lol Thats what puke green looks like all the time, haha

We having a C&C this Saturday or what? Lol
there is C&C, but i got changed to the late shift for this week. so i will be working until about 11pm friday. so i dont think i will be able to get up early enough to make the 3 hour drive to plano.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Haha... someones got jokes I see! Nothin sexier then stealth gray freshly cleaned and waxxed on a beautiful 80" day....Lol
Why did u switch to the late shift?
there is C&C, but i got changed to the late shift for this week. so i will be working until about 11pm friday. so i dont think i will be able to get up early enough to make the 3 hour drive to plano.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Haha... someones got jokes I see! Nothin sexier then stealth gray freshly cleaned and waxxed on a beautiful 80" day....Lol
Why did u switch to the late shift?
i didnt...they made me switch, haha. cant really tell my CO to F off. well, i could but that wouldnt end well for me.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Launching!

i wont be clearing them, i am going to go with smoked corners and black DRLs...after the H&Rs i ordered this weekend go on her...
Right on, that's good too.

Quick Reply: Today was Bath Day...