Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Brand new V owner, have question's?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Brand new V owner, have question's?

Just got my first V and dont know y I didn't get one sooner!!! I have two ?'s, first is about the clanking noise i get when i push in the clutch to shift gears at lower RPM's, I've been reading a little on here and it sounds to me it might just be the stock cluch doing that. What could be the fix or should i just go with the LS7 swap? Second is about the tire pressure indicators, as soon as i got it home and took it out for the second time the front right tire started flashing me a warning saying it was at zero psi, i know this is not true cause i cheacked it. The warning goes away on its own and reads normal then comes back everyonce a while, what could be the issue???? Oh ya its an 05' with 50k miles if that helps
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Launching!

The clunking is most likely torque reversal and nothing to worry about.

The TPM thing happens to me when the tire hits 27psi and theres just a dead spot in the sensor I guess....freaked me out the first time, but it's not hurting anything and is more of a PITA than anything.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Clunks are part of the car. It sucks. I think the clunk you are referring to is known here as "parade clunk".

My TPMS sensors will randomly read 0. Normally its the front left, but the other day the right rear went to 0. I know that if it was really at 0 I would feel it, but I pulled over anyway. As I was pulling over it magically went back to 33. POS
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If the tires were rotated and the sensors not reset they might not correspond to the correct tire. When I got my car front left was actually back right.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 PM

The sensors r battery operated right?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Battery life is usually about 5 years then they start going out and getting spotty. If they are the original sensors then you may see them drop out and possibly die.
A Tech 2 can tell you if the sensor has a low batt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brand new V owner, have question's?