Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Stockers widened and powder coated (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GREG O.
Good luck MR. Compton....i hope the 295's fit...if i had a 295-35-18 i would try them on my 9 3/4" stock rims...I have Fulda Carrets Extremo's 285/30/18 on the rear with my stock rims and they don't scrape...i am severly lowered as u know with map trl. arms...I think i might stay with the 285's with the
9 3/4" rims..for stability and control...plus the 285's look soooo much wider than the 275's i had on there...all btw: i saw the MAP fleabay post notice they don't come with the poly bushings
Adam @ MAP was a douche, he left abunch of hanging on the proper bushings/collar for the knuckle joint. He had promised us them before he split too, not cool.
Otherwise I think the arms are worth it for both performance and the bit of extra meat we can put on.
Well if the weather holds up I'll be slapping them on this weekend.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Adam @ MAP was a douche, he left abunch of hanging on the proper bushings/collar for the knuckle joint. He had promised us them before he split too, not cool.
Otherwise I think the arms are worth it for both performance and the bit of extra meat we can put on.
Looking forward to your comments/results on the fitment. Pics would be better What about the the MAP trailing arms? No bushings? Where did you get your bushings from?

Last edited by nuck; 03-26-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tommycompton
It's Saturday!!! Need pics ****!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

No joke! Plus, since you shipped them... WHO? If they look dope on your car, I gotta do this. Please provide pics. If it ain't skated, then also please provide info. Did they balance out well?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nuck
Looking forward to your comments/results on the fitment. Pics would be better What about the the MAP trailing arms? No bushings? Where did you get your bushings from?
Pics when done forsure. I'm still using the MAP bushings, but he no longer provides them with the arms so you'd have to reuse the stockers for the knuckle bushing.

Originally Posted by greddy91
It's Saturday!!! Need pics ****!
Tomorrow morning I'm doing it.

Originally Posted by Blakt Out
No joke! Plus, since you shipped them... WHO? If they look dope on your car, I gotta do this. Please provide pics. If it ain't skated, then also please provide info. Did they balance out well?
Shipped them UPS. Skated? The widened rims used less weights to balance out than the stockers, but that is probably because the kdw are a better tire than the stock runflats.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

UPDATE!!!!! Put them on. There is lots of clearance on the inside with the 5mm spacers.
I think I can get away without them. I did hear a slight rub on the outside fender on a hard corner. I could barely even see the marks on the tire. I am lowered 2" in the rear, and I haven't rolled the fenders, so that would take care of it. But I'm bringing it to a buddies shop tomorrow and putting it on a lift, to install my toe rods and adjustable end links. So I'm going to check it out without the spacers, If there is enough clearannce without the spacers I won't even have to roll the fenders.
I didn't get to take pics today, because World of Wheels car show was on and I wanted to check that out. But tomorrow I 'll snap some forsure, and if I remember my camera I'll take some pics of the clearance while on the lift.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

uhhh you better remember that camera lol
Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default widened rins

Awesome, what size again did u have your stockers widened? 10" ?
can't wait to see the pics..looks like i might have to take off the 285's and buy me some 295's
Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome, what size again did u have your stockers widened? 10" ?
can't wait to see the pics..looks like i might have to take off the 285's and buy me some 295's
Yeah 10", tires 295/35/18. The closest thing to the tire is the plastic boot on the shocks. I also zip tied the e-brake cable and speed sensor wire away from the wheel just incase, just zipped tied it to the loop it passes through on the sub frame, right before it enters the wheel well.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great job...glad u stepped up to the plate and tried the 295's....does anyone need 4 new 315's.........lol
Old 03-27-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Great job...glad u stepped up to the plate and tried the 295's....does anyone need 4 new 315's.........lol
Looks like with rolled fenders and if it works without the wheel spacers, might be able to squeeze a 305 in there? but I think that would be pushing it.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Default 315 tires

please pm the info if they are 18's

Old 03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by yooperLS6
please pm the info if they are 18's
http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...tq+ll+bsw.html

I have a pair of these for $450 plus shp. to lower 48 probably UPS 50 bucks
I have 2 others that have PM'd me earlier and taking them one at a time. should find out today if they will be available..i also have 2 new Perilli Zero Rosa 315/30/18 26.1" tall and 2 used evenly worn 245/40/18 same brand for the fronts that are 26.0" tall..This makes for a great combo.. send me an e-mail @ [ vette600hp@yahoo.com ] for pics..seeyabig GREG O.
ps: tire rack has the rears on special right now for $410 ea. plus shp. I am only asking $700 for all 4 tires plus shp.to lower 48...
We have to stay off of Tommy's thread so if anyone has any questions please PM or e-mail me...thanks GREG O.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Pics!!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

^ this!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Car is dirty you ruthless bastards, and I'll go more into depth with fitament and pics for that in a bit. But here they are installed.

Plus a couple of my headrests and shifter.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Good idea and looks sick now
Old 03-28-2011, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Thanks OP, now I have one more thing on my To Do List. Looks great.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

With me being lowered 2" the rear the tire size wasn't a problem with or without the spacers but the rim size was.
As you get lower the closer the inner edge of the rim gets to the rear of the lower control arm, and to the closest spot on the (map) trailing arms.
When I'd hit a bump and compress the suspension it would ever so slightly rub in those two spots. Without spacers it would bring it even closer. If you were only lowered 1.5" as most people tend to lower the rear, I don't think you would have a problem at all, and wouldn't even need a spacer. It would allow for that much more suspension travel. With the spacer, depending on tire selection you have to roll the fenders. My tires just ever so slightly rubs on big bumps, I did roll mine slightly, but will probably eithier roll them more or trim the lip off.
Here is the spot on the lower control arm that rubs this at the rear of the drivers side arm.

In the next two pics is the rear of the passengers side control arm, we heated it up with a torch and hammered it in for clearance

You could grind it if you choose to.

This is where it rubs on the MAP trailing arm, just enough to wear through the paint. I just took a grinder to it and took off a few MM of meat then shot it with paint again.

This is were I Zip tied the e-brake cable and wheel speed sensor wire away from the inner lip of the rim(sorry blurry pic)
Did the same on both drivers side and passengers side.

On the passengers side you can see where my brake line rubbed just went throug the rubber abit. Guess I'll be buying braided soon enough.
I just zipped tied the two lines together to pull the one line in abit, I also bent the steel end of the line on the caliper to give a tad more clearance.

Here is how much room there is betwqeen the tire and the closest spot on the frame, this is with the spacer but you can see there is tons of room. If I wasn't lowered so much and didn't have to use the spacers I think I could get away with a 305 tire.
Hope this clears it up for some of you guys wanting extra meat and have a lowered car.
Btw 5mm spacers don't require longer wheel studs, and ther is still abit of lip on the hub for the wheel to sit on so not all the load is on the lugs.
I'm saure you could go longer studs if you really wanted to but I don't think they are needed.

Here's a pretty good shot of the extra meat.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Btw The amount my tire that rubs on the outside fender I can't hear it and I can barely see the mark on the side wall, and I did hit some big bumps, one large enough to bottom out my exhaust. Mind you this is without fat chicks in the back seat.
So like I said I will be rolling them further or triming them.

Last edited by tommycompton; 03-29-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Stockers widened and powder coated (PICS)