Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

need a qoute on fixing road rash on my rims(local)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need a qoute on fixing road rash on my rims(local)

Hoping someone can give a price on fixing all 5 of my rims? I'm getting tired of looking at all the nicks and scratches on my rims! Please email me at adanieljohnson1@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Aaron
Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine fixed at Crest Cadillac several years ago. I think it was $110/wheel to have them fixed up and powdercoated.

Not sure what they would charge now, or even if they would do it.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm... its worth looking into... if you desided to convert your rims back to unpowder coated than let me know Brandon... I wouldn't even care if tread was almost gone... lol
Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that's expensive for a powder coat.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RADEoN
that's expensive for a powder coat.
Not when you drive your car into the service department of a Cadillac dealership, get a 2009 CTS to drive as a loaner, and pick up your car freshly detailed with curb rash fixed and newly powder coated wheels all while having the dealership take responsibility if anything goes wrong with them.

Or (be prepared for a run on sentence), I could have driven my V (my daily driver) to my father in laws house (i live in a loft downtown and have no where to work on my car), take the wheels off in his garage and let it sit on jacks, then take the wheels to discount tire to have the tires taken off, then take the wheels to a powder coater, wait a few days (all while not having a car to drive) then have my wife drive me to the powder coater, pick up the wheels, take them to discount tire and have the tire mounted and balanced, then go back to my father in laws to mount the new wheels.

Sometimes we pay for convenience.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not sure if our Keystone's still do it but id call an LKQ/Keystone and ask them if they still refinish wheels, we have OEM wheel distributors that sell refinished OEM wheels and have in-house re-finishing shops, the wheels look mint when they are done and the quality is outstanding. I typically heard $50-100 to do one wheel depending on what type of wheel/finish etc.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Pm Moze GSS is right next to a place that refinishes wheels just can't remember the name
Old 03-04-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

I'm still waiting for Mose to respond to my PM about the MM's from a day or 2 ago...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

This place is in Houston.

http://www.mywheelrepair.com/
Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Default repair and powder coating

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Hoping someone can give a price on fixing all 5 of my rims? I'm getting tired of looking at all the nicks and scratches on my rims! Please email me at adanieljohnson1@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Aaron
Hi, I'm new to the CTS-V kingdom but I've been doing rash repair and powder coating for years. 1.5 years is "years", right? Anyway, when I curbed my 350Z rims at a bank drive through I said to myself, "self, why spend $300 on getting them fixed when you can set up to do it yourself for only $4000?" I'm in Bartlesville, OK. It's not next door to Frisco but if you can't find anybody local that you have faith in I can get them done for $200-400 depending on factors that I don't care to go into detail about because I don't feel like typing for an hour about options. Give me a call if you are interested. Anyone else who sees this and wants quotes feel free to call, text, or email also. I do quality work, but I don't believe perfect is attainable. Also, I don't do this for a living. I just have the equipment and enjoy using it.

On a side note, g meter hit .85 on a back road in 3rd today in competitive mode. Not huge, but don't officially have insurance on it yet so I'm trying not to put it in the weeds. This is the coolest car I've ever owned...

Jason
918-230-9386
jenkins_jason@sbcglobal.net
Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

$200 to $400 for all 5 rims? That's a good offer if its for all 5 but only for peops that are local...... thanks for the offer... 8-)

Originally Posted by jenks40
Hi, I'm new to the CTS-V kingdom but I've been doing rash repair and powder coating for years. 1.5 years is "years", right? Anyway, when I curbed my 350Z rims at a bank drive through I said to myself, "self, why spend $300 on getting them fixed when you can set up to do it yourself for only $4000?" I'm in Bartlesville, OK. It's not next door to Frisco but if you can't find anybody local that you have faith in I can get them done for $200-400 depending on factors that I don't care to go into detail about because I don't feel like typing for an hour about options. Give me a call if you are interested. Anyone else who sees this and wants quotes feel free to call, text, or email also. I do quality work, but I don't believe perfect is attainable. Also, I don't do this for a living. I just have the equipment and enjoy using it.

On a side note, g meter hit .85 on a back road in 3rd today in competitive mode. Not huge, but don't officially have insurance on it yet so I'm trying not to put it in the weeds. This is the coolest car I've ever owned...

Jason
918-230-9386
jenkins_jason@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 03-06-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

what you need is a quote to start modding...or is it permission to start...
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive heard how you drive Aaron, i wouldnt waste your money repairing the wheels, youll just keep hitting curbs.

If you had a truck motor like Cole you could just get super swampers on something to protect the wheels.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Ive heard how you drive Aaron, i wouldnt waste your money repairing the wheels, youll just keep hitting curbs.

If you had a truck motor like Cole you could just get super swampers on something to protect the wheels.
yea...but my truck motor beat his vette motor...
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Lol, you mean you would have beat me if you new how to shift! Hehehe
Originally Posted by ColeGraham
yea...but my truck motor beat his vette motor...
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by itsslow98

lol, I wanna see a CTS-V with a liftkit on 55's!! Let the fotoshop masters begin!!! Ha

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
what you need is a quote to start modding...or is it permission to start...
Lol@Cole... he knows my wife all to well! If the price is good then she'll give me a green light on it.. By the way I already got a green light to lower mine too so I'll be buying the parts over the next month... when do you plan to lower yours? If you can hold out for another month then we can both do it at my house! I will also have another buddy coming over who wants to help out.. not sure if you've already met him but his name is Brandon(not the tall Brandon) and he's cool peops... he's been wanting to get his hands dirty on my car for years... lol

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 03-07-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will be doing to lowering with in the next 2 weeks. i have a co worker out here that has a garage full of tool and car ****. he has done most of the mods of his car (WRX) and has do lowering springs on several cars. but when you get the ****, i will come out to help you out.

Quick Reply: need a qoute on fixing road rash on my rims(local)