Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Joined the OBX header crew -Pics-

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011 | 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I wasn't thinking about the bending part, as cold working stainless can magnetize it...

However, you should do some more research on dedicating stainless tools (like brushes and filler rods) to stainless work if you don't want corrosion issues
Old 07-31-2011 | 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
OK, I wasn't thinking about the bending part, as cold working stainless can magnetize it...

However, you should do some more research on dedicating stainless tools (like brushes and filler rods) to stainless work if you don't want corrosion issues
Sorry, scotch bright pads and brushes dont affect it bud. No chance that your contaminating it with these tools. Your right about filler rods tho. I also do custom fabbed exhaust and never had an issue.

Back on topic.
Old 07-31-2011 | 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm talking about stainless steel brushes that were used on carbon steel prior then used on a stainless piece...Even scotchbrite pads will carry over the iron oxides from the carbon steel and embed them into the metal...Will it cause crazy corrosion? No, probably not...but, if you want to avoid any potential, you always isolate stainless 'tools' from carbon steel 'tools' ('tools' being wire brushes and so on) Same thing goes with using steel wool on stainless parts...
Old 08-01-2011 | 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my OBX with resonators on about 4 months ago. The color is gold/blue from heat, exactly the same as my Ducati ST-4. Pretty sure the Italians don't use cheap stainless on those machines!

Quick Reply: Joined the OBX header crew -Pics-