Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where are the Sy/Ty peeps at? I need input!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
SCHWINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Post up on SyTy.net and someone local will take a look at it for you. Never buy one of these trucks without someone looking at it. I know there are a few Indiana members on there. It looks pretty good except for those awful wheels, but he said he has the stockers still. Even if he didn't I actually have a set of stock wheels in my shed.

I'll post up tonite but I'm not sure on what subforum. Any idea?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just ask in the general section, ask if anyone knows the truck and if someone would be willing to check it out for you. They track most syty's in the country, chances are they know the truck.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Teching In

I think most everybody has already given you some good advice on these trucks. I've had my Sy for just over a year now and I absolutely love it! It's still a work in progress, so I can't wait to get her finished and running like I've always wanted one to run.

Definitely get on syty.net as that's where you will find any and everything you need to know about them.

Mine:
Old 04-11-2011, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Truck looks good man, I like the stock wheels in black, most guys don't go that route. I even have a set of stock wheels in my shed from my last Ty.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Truck looks good man, I like the stock wheels in black, most guys don't go that route. I even have a set of stock wheels in my shed from my last Ty.
Thank you! That's the biggest debate I have when it comes to my truck...whether I'm going to keep the wheels like this, or switch to something else. I'm happy with the way it looks now, but we'll see what the future brings once I get everything else done on it.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

-AWD launch can't be touched by anyone. ANYONE! I would leave on 12lbs of boost and could cut 1.7's on cheap 245's. There is nothing else like them on the street. Can't think of a better vehicle for a stoplight race.
Any 4x4 cummins or duramax can launch on par if not better than a ty and have the drivetrain to take it and interior room.

I used to have a Ty and all I can say is have an alarm, fuel cut, and steel collar around the column!

They are overpriced and small, somewhat unreliable. I'd like to get another one but everyone thinks they got gold. I would buy an s10 blazer/jimmy ditch the drivetrain and go turbo ls/4l80e and if I had too have the cladding I'd get repro. It wouldn't be original but it would **** on 98% of the typhoons out there. The marlboro Syclones are sick but just for collectors.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PlatnumStatuz
Any 4x4 cummins or duramax can launch on par if not better than a ty and have the drivetrain to take it and interior room.

I used to have a Ty and all I can say is have an alarm, fuel cut, and steel collar around the column!

They are overpriced and small, somewhat unreliable. I'd like to get another one but everyone thinks they got gold. I would buy an s10 blazer/jimmy ditch the drivetrain and go turbo ls/4l80e and if I had too have the cladding I'd get repro. It wouldn't be original but it would **** on 98% of the typhoons out there. The marlboro Syclones are sick but just for collectors.
You're dreaming if you think a 3 ton truck is going to get a syty outta the hole. I've run them before and they have never out launched me. And save yourself the embarassment of comparing a stock syty to a modded duramax.

I've had 2 Ty's and a Sy and never had anyone try to mess with it. Mostly because 95% of people don't know what the hell they are.

With that motor/trans and cladding combo you're looking at 8 grand (6k to buy and turbo an LS motor with a 4l80, and another 2K to get all the cladding). And the Sonoma is still gonna be rwd so it'll get wrecked at a stoplight. Did you ever take the propshaft out of your Ty and just drive it rwd? They are useless, they just spin the tires.

And if you are arguing that you could build a truck that would be faster than a SyTy, well, no **** sherlock. I could build a car faster than a Ferrari but that really isn't the point now is it?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

This post made me laugh. Haaa.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by STAGEUP

Me too! I'm still laughing about the duramax remark. Haha!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Me three, but I'm still somewhat of a new guy so I try to keep a low profile.

Watching that vid of Dean's Syclone really does make me miss my Sy though...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking Syclone facts

I do have gold every year the price of my SY goes up not down..Last i looked KBB good cond. retail is about 16G . and that's with 80,000 miles on her..as for the tranny, i had mine built, it shifts hard and is supposed to handle 800+hp, it also has a new 2700 stall locked up converter from ATI..Mine has the ATR cam, ATR stainless exhaust, ATR double pump fuel pump, ATR pulley, Kenne Belle intercoller,and adjustibale fuel regulator..all new original vacumn lines..have the stock rims on now but also have centerlines with 335's on the rear and 295's up front...also i put a NEW PTE 44 turbo with their 3" down pipe and high flow converters....battery in the rear bed...and adjustable boost controller in dash. the trk is bad azz and passes emissions when u adjust the fuel pressure and take out the 50lb. inj. and stick the 33's back in...ran it one time with street tires and it gave me an 11:72@116 with a 1.71 60'... i Have had it for 10 years but took tags off and start it up every 2 months to heat up and drive it a couple miles then park it againsucks...All my $$ now goes into the V....all btw: u won't find any repro cladding...The cladding is not made anymore..luckily mine is in perfect shape.....I think a have a couple pics of the SY in "MY ALBUMS" if not i will download a few and u can take a look at her...light to light it blows my 10sec. vette away, but after about 70mph the SY will eat my dust
Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by A-Bomb
Me too! I'm still laughing about the duramax remark. Haha!
At least he had the decency to say duramax and not powerstroke...
Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by scalarrthu
At least he had the decency to say duramax and not powerstroke...

That's true! Duramax ftw! LoL!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would love to find a syclone! I wish one popped up close to me so I could see it in person. It's getting close to replacing the "V" time! I did go look at a Lexus IS-F last Saturday. That damn car was sweet! My wife and daughter loved it! My wife likes the fact that it's an (8 speed) automatic.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have you considered a 2011 gt? whats your budget?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ford GT?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
have you considered a 2011 gt? whats your budget?
Was just at the dealership today and someone already turned their's in, only has 3k miles on it. I guess it was his g/f's and she got 7 tickets in 3 weeks so he took it away and got her a wrangler. Really nice, fully loaded and they're asking 30k for it.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

syty's are great stock. if you want something with power room and stop light king speed go with the jeep srt8. mine runs 12.7 @ 107 with a muffler and tune. with 1.760ft on snow tires lol

love my syty's but love the jeep so much more.

here is a taste

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q...carpics003.mp4
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was just at the dealership today and someone already turned their's in, only has 3k miles on it. I guess it was his g/f's and she got 7 tickets in 3 weeks so he took it away and got her a wrangler. Really nice, fully loaded and they're asking 30k for it.
My brother has one, fully loaded minus glass roof. Interior is 50 times better then the V and I never thought that could happen with a mustang. Itll put a hurtin on a bolt on V no doubt, add a tune and intake and its on par with a maggied V.

Very nice cars for nowadays money. Meaning more then Id ever spend.