Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

DIY: Opening and painting the headlight housing

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my washers don't work and the little yellow bulb is a little white LED bulb.

it's just a superior HID system. it's longer lasting and the light output is better. i know to most it's marginal, but i've already played around enough with crappy products that i'm not doing it anymore. i want the good stuff.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
my washers don't work and the little yellow bulb is a little white LED bulb.

it's just a superior HID system. it's longer lasting and the light output is better. i know to most it's marginal, but i've already played around enough with crappy products that i'm not doing it anymore. i want the good stuff.
I'm not worried about compliments because I think they all look pretty good. I'm still focused on what MN-V posted in another thread....he thought his wife's base CTS halogens were brighter than his Vs HIDs. That is an interesting piece of info and if that's the case, I'll ditch the HIDs.

Anybody else done a side by side comparison of the two?
Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't really doubt the light output of an HID is better than a halogen. However, in my driving conditions, the need for better output is not there and if I am in an area where it permits I use my high beams (which are halogen). HIDs are unnecessary for me and more of a vanity upgrade IMO.

Quick Reply: DIY: Opening and painting the headlight housing