Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LS6 Whipple neaaaarly done...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
~$7,500... Steep, but it opens up a lot of new options!
is that for a CTS-V kit or is that just for a "universal" kit that has to be modified to fit our cars? I've got money saved up for a Maggie kit but I'd rather go Whipple if it's fairly straightforward. Any info you have would be great. If you have a full list of stuff I'd need to make this work a PM would be fantastic! Thanks in advance for any info you have
Old 05-31-2011, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome build, but whats with the crappy looking intake tube? I noticed Tommy Compton had the same intake. Is that part of the kit or what? Was there no other better looking/smoother solution? That piece kills the aesthetics of that kit.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OriGinaL Condo
is that for a CTS-V kit or is that just for a "universal" kit that has to be modified to fit our cars? I've got money saved up for a Maggie kit but I'd rather go Whipple if it's fairly straightforward. Any info you have would be great. If you have a full list of stuff I'd need to make this work a PM would be fantastic! Thanks in advance for any info you have
This is somewhat of a universal kit, but includes (some) of the custom parts needed to make it fit. THIS IS NOT a maggie build as a lot of parts are left for you to fab or source!! Depending on your skill or access to different tools, it requires some very time consuming steps like notching the frame horns to lower the radiator, and modifying the space for the air tube, relocating the power steering reservoir, modifying the valley tray, re-pinning the MAF harness etc.

BUT... if you have access to tools and are decent with a wrench, I got it done in a weekend with a good friends help!

I would love to see more people jump on the Whipple bandwagon, the more the merrier!

Originally Posted by catch2otwo
Awesome build, but whats with the crappy looking intake tube? I noticed Tommy Compton had the same intake. Is that part of the kit or what? Was there no other better looking/smoother solution? That piece kills the aesthetics of that kit.
Yea, the air intake tube came with it. i'll admit I feel the same way, but honestly that is very easy to replace with a better looking piece later. I just want to get it on the road!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can't wait to see the numbers this thing produces, always been a fan of whipple's
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

... I kinda like the look of the intake...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Looks nice, I dont know about the blue color though! LOL!!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Colemann
Looks nice, I dont know about the blue color though! LOL!!
No way, the blue is Baller!

-meaty
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Looked at the pictures 20 times Just seen the "shocker". Truly awsome.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

everthought of doing a write up on how to do the whipple install. i am saving money to do one but im going to do an ls3 topend with a ls3 unit. now did you just use the maggie water pump and tank and just plumb that into the whipple intercooler? you said you had to drop the radiator down to? i been wanting to do one for awhile time and money but i would like to see more info maybe sit down and do a write up for us on the getting it all in there part would make life alot easier and maybe more people would choose this over the maggie
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Launching!

if you don't mind me asking, what heat exchanger did you end up running? i have a maggie on mine and am jealous of you whipple boys! can't wait to see these beasts running
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

It LIVES!!! It took several hours trying to track an electrical issue(turns out to be a blown ECM fuse) but around midnight I finally got the old girl started. I'm taking her to the tuner today, and should get her back SATURDAY.

More pics and vids coming!

About the write up, I could do a write up of the stuff not covered in the existing instructions if anybody is interested.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wmskateteam
if you don't mind me asking, what heat exchanger did you end up running? i have a maggie on mine and am jealous of you whipple boys! can't wait to see these beasts running
It has a frozenboost hx, but I opted to leave the Maggie stuff in place to save install time. They are actually very similar in size. I'll just sell this hx and pump and stuff with the Maggie :-)
Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Sweet deal man! Congrats!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Launching!

thanks for the reply, i saw the frozenboost units and actually wondered why no one has tried running the 26 x 7 x 3.5 and possibly relocate the PS cooler (which I guess you already had to do). it's just that the magnuson one is only an inch thick and the v2 guys are getting solid temperature drops with the larger heat exchangers
Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Just out of curiosity (I hope to get a Maggie soon!) who did you take it to for the tune?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EasyZ06
Just out of curiosity (I hope to get a Maggie soon!) who did you take it to for the tune?
I'm taing it to Lucky's Motorsports in Longview today. They seem very knowledgeable when I speak to them. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

well i would love a write up on what you had to cut hak extend move etc not a detailed one but a good idea of whats involved
Old 06-03-2011, 01:25 PM

EasyZ06, I live right down the road from you in trophy club. If you are wanting to get your car tuned let me know and I can help you out. The guy I use is considered one of the best tuners in the United States. People fly him all over the place to tune their vehicles and for a damn good reason. Send me a PM and i'll give you the info.

Love the whipple setup and the blue on it. Have you done any sort of rear end or tranny upgrades? I think I would go whipple over the kb mammoth kit any day. Can't wait to see some numbers!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

SNL is what 15 maybe 20 mins from Keller/Trophy Club?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
It LIVES!!! It took several hours trying to track an electrical issue(turns out to be a blown ECM fuse) but around midnight I finally got the old girl started. I'm taking her to the tuner today, and should get her back SATURDAY.

More pics and vids coming!

About the write up, I could do a write up of the stuff not covered in the existing instructions if anybody is interested.
If you could do the write-up that would be amazing. I really wanna jump on this setup but I'd like to know more about what needs to be done with the V to get this kit to fit. A writeup would really shed some light on the things you haven't already mentioned. Congrats on getting the car running

Quick Reply: LS6 Whipple neaaaarly done...