Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Oh, it's only the 400 hp one

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whisler151
Wow, that's impressive. Please share your your list of mods. The CLS63 is low a low 4 sec 0-60 car.
Yeah, I was really surprised at the outcome. I had to look up the tims after and IIRc, the 0-60 is relatively close (mid 4's) or something like that, but the 1/4 is advertised at like 12.8, so I am baffled. Granted, in my experiences, the german cars (stock) are typically touted in magazines as being faster than they are in reality (on the street). I normally don't race around, but have had a couple encounters with AMG's and M3's in the past and they are a little 'slower' than I expect them to be. Not saying all and not calling them slow, just not quite the rocket I had expected. But, I also don't expect to keep up super well with their top models, like the C63 is it? My only other memorable AMG race occured on the freeway with a C55 and h couldn't pull me (I was in my GTO).

As for my mods, none to really speak of, other than flowmasters (big deal), cone filter and clearing the restriction elbow from the front of the radiator shroud (so it had an opening right to the filter)...I recently put in a CS diff bushing and believe it or not, that made a big seat of the pants feel as far as getting the power to the ground better. I am on top of my oils, filters and maintenance stuff like plugs and wires, so the car runs really good.

I know the guy was trying as he took off first and it sounded pretty good as it revved (but stock) and he seemed to come hunt me down at the light, so knew he wanted to run...He got a little jump on me thru the intersection (can't launch this car too hard), but I stopped that quick and actually inched up just barely, then he would inch up slightly, then me (after shifts and such)...I'm not sure I've ever driven the car so spot on with the shifts and it actually peeled out a little (not chirp, spin tires) when I went to second...I got into third really quick too and let off shortly after that and assumed we were doing ~70. my front was right about at his front of the door and fender seam and neither one of us were moving away from one another...I let off and he kept going and damn it makes you realize how fast we were going

Maybe mine was really strong that day and his wasn't running to 100%, I have no idea. I was really surprised and not sure how multiple outcomes would come out or if I ran another. Not sure...I typically don't race anymore, but once in a bluemoon something like this will come up and the car just gets hungry, lol...

I do want to take the car to the track someday though, just for curiosity. Based on other cars I've owned and the way the car runs, I am thinking maybe low 13's on a good day (that morning was good race day weather too; ~65 deg).

anyway, not bragging about it, just was really surprised at the outcome and really curious which V he thought it was...If he ever runs into a V2, I think he'll be pretty disappointed in his car's performance, as I know one of those would've pulled it good.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll admit that I do lust for a V2 however I very much enjoy owning a V1 for one simple reason. Without a V1 there never would have been a V2! All V2 owners should pay homage to the V1 for getting Caddy moving in the right direction.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the fact that almost no one knows the V1 and what lies under the hood!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very true and that's what really attracted to me the car anyway, not because it was a caddy, but a sleeper that kind of confuse people, as they (general public) never really heard about it and now they have this V image in their head, don't know what to make of it. I think if I do end up making this my keeper car,then a whipple goes on, along with my special plate frame tthat goes with it

I think the V2 are outstanding cars and can make some nasty power relatively easily but of course you pay the price ($) and not sure if that's where I want to be for my style, so to speak. But I do want to drive one someday, for sure...I may polish up the V and play I'm looking, ha ha (used to do that backwhen and not sure I want to play that game); maybe at one of the meets, I'll take a ride in one though, as I haven't had an opportunity to really check one out...But that may be a good thing too, as I am happy with what I have and thankful to be able to experience such a ride everyday
Old 06-11-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcollege
I love the fact that almost no one knows the V1 and what lies under the hood!
The real car guys know what they are, and respect it

I was hitting on a guy in a Miata yesterday on my way home from work (I am trying to get more people to come out to my Miata meet, so to get some dialogue going, I usually ask the guys "Do you ever pick up any cute guys in that thing?") and after I told him about the car meet, he says to me "Hey man, is that a Cadillac?!" "Uh, yup." "Is that the V? THAT THING IS SICK!!!" "Uh, yup!"

Those that know, know and respect it. Those that don't, just stare at it in wonder lol

-meaty
Old 06-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
I was hitting on a guy in a Miata yesterday
I dare say this might be the first time these words were ever uttered.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rocket2ya
Believe it or not I always get asked if it has a v12, idk why but it has happened at least 4-5 times lol
I'm not sure where this comes from either....I was in Ms coming back from New Orleans a while back and two guys came up at a gas station.....One of the guys asked "That's not stock exhaust is it?" I began to chat and tell him a little about what it was and he says "Oh I know ALL about those cars....My cousin in Atl has one" and then he proceeds to tell his buddy what a badass car it is and all about the V12 it has in it and that it's faster than a Viper. I just nodded and said "Goodbye"....I figured if I were to try to get into a battle of whits with this genius I would've been tied up for a while.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last night while eating out, I overheard some "car guys" talking about stuff. They saw two guys go out to their old Volvo 240D, and they were kinda making fun of them, so then since their attention was focused in the parking lot, they noticed my V, and I could hear one saying "Oh man, those cars are BAD ***. That thing is Supercharged!"

I didn't say nothing, as the other conversation to my left was all about crotchless panties and if the women at the table had ever flashed their ***** at anyone. I think they were swingers? like 4 different couples, all of them were different age ranges. They didn't seem like people that would normally hang out with each other.

-meaty
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Yeah I had a guy in a 90s Mustang at the gas station the other day to say "HMMMM how does it feel to have a car that can take a raindrop @ 190?".....I said "A lot better than it does to have a 200hp V8 that gets 12mpgs".
HaHa! That just made my week!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Launching!

I had a maintenance guy at work the other day come up to me and go " man your car sounded good leaving work the other day" I replied with thanks, i really enjoy it...Then came the awsome remark...."Man....what do you think about the new twin supercharged ones? those are pretty wicked...is that what yours is?" I said nope mine is the N/A 400hp car....He responded with...well that new twin supercharged one is awsome......lol I just let it go......
Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike05V
I'll admit that I do lust for a V2 however I very much enjoy owning a V1 for one simple reason. Without a V1 there never would have been a V2! All V2 owners should pay homage to the V1 for getting Caddy moving in the right direction.
i agree with everything you said aside from the v2 guys paying anything to us, since they made our car with nothing before it.

Quick Reply: Oh, it's only the 400 hp one