Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Stock and lightly modded Vs watch out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I don't care to support this 'new' GM and still pissed at them for axing Pontiac and Hummer, lol. I mean, there are a few I'd still buy (used), but in general, nothing excites me enough to run out and buy. This isn't limited to GMs, but across the board. May buy something for the wife soon though, just don't know what.

I've owned somewhere around ~13 GM's with some being brand new, some a year or two old and some 'classics'...Never had any issues with any of them and have been happy with my decision. But, like I said, they do give me a bad taste in my mouth overall, but not going to let that limit me too much (all big corps suck in one way or the other).

About my only complaint has been with a couple of the dealers, as far as service dept. goes, but for me, I don't care about warranty and generally don't use them, unless it's something major (knock on wood, never needed). Otherwise, it's a PITA and a marketing ploy when you go to buy them...Granted, I am fortunate to be mechanically inclined and knowledgable on cars and own most any tool I'd need (besides diagnostic), but couldn't imagine if I were an older lady or something that had to rely on that sham of a promise. Needless to say, I'm skeptical on warranties and if a car 'needs' one (beyond a lemon), then something wrong there.

I really like my V, but there are times I want to get into something else. Not the car's fault, but would love a 4x4, but there's nothing out there that's not older and may end up being a project (for what I want)...As for cars, if somebody made me choose something right now, I'd have a helluva time deciding, as there's just nothing out there that excites me. I do think the V2 is impressive in its performance, but just not worth the money at all.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

JNR.....I remember a buddy's mom having a Cimarron back in the day. We called it the "Cava-Lak"....Due to the fact that it was IDENTICAL to his dad's Cavalier... EPIC FAIL!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
Warranty is only as strong as the company behind it, fwiw...Hyundai is a large industrial company and this is just a small side product that could come or go.

Not saying this is what will happen, but don't get fooled so quickly by promises, is all I'm saying...
Keep defending GM but it isn't worth it. At $172B in debt it was 'Game Over' for them. What company can operate and push the debt to $172B!!??!! Technically, GM is done and even with their rebirth/bailout they'll kill themselves off eventually. I hate to say it but the writing is on the wall and GM is just a Federal work program. The Big Three made/make incredible cars but they just seem to screw them up. This is why the 'imports' will take over.

Originally Posted by aurora40
I bet they'll be around a lot longer than GM...
I agree. (Unless GM gets its act together.)
Old 06-27-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the record, I'm defending nobody here...I am just pointing out possibilities and will choose the best vehicle for my needs and budget. Yes, what they stand for is important to a degree, although good luck in basing decisions solely on that anymore. If you read my other responses, I dislike GM in many ways, but I can say that for most any corporation if I dwelled on that stuff. My main objective is to support my country and its people first though in whatever way I can. That doesn't mean I won't buy an import brand, because now things are so twisted anyway that we can benefit in some way, shape or form (like the sales guy having money after my sale). I don't find a whole lot of appeal in imported cars for the most part, although there are exceptions. That is me. If somebody else wants to buy what they want, then good for them; not going to judge.

I will say after reading that link above, this car looks pretty bland and they (hyundai) seemed to have just offered an engine option for the most part and charge a lot of dollars for it. They think they know the american consumer, but have a lot to learn still.

Manufacturing corporations are just that. All the "big" automotive giants have had or still have other side businesses well beyond automobiles for the public.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Smoking Tire is getting ready to review this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAbrSWujv4

One thing that is missing, that even are 55k (new) Vs have, is wheel hop. WTF...Cadillac can't get that right, but Hyundai can...hmm
Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Inside Line did some dyno testing of it against a few other performance V8s.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was behind a Genesis today that had an aftermarket exhaust on it, granted it was the 4.7, but it still sounded good (wow I never thought that the words "good" and "Hyundai" would ever be used in the same sentence, they have really turned their ship around!

Quick Reply: Stock and lightly modded Vs watch out!