Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

About to install a bunch of goodies on the V... I have some questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Itsslow98... I'll have to order the remote bleeder then. I had heard some people say they went with a c6 z06 slave cylinder? Is that really necessary? What's the difference? My shifter bushings are pretty worn out. I've been needing to replace them for awhile. I planned to go UUC but when I was on the CS website, I see they offer some too. Didn't know if there was a difference but I'm pretty sure they are also poly urathane and I would think the CS would do the trick just like the UUC's.

Stone... Glad u reminded me of the thermostat. I meant to pick one of those up. As far as the plugs and skip-shift, I already have both of those installed.

I have a stock modded short throw in my car at the moment but I plan to order a short throw soon. Looks like the only options are the UUC, Katech and B&M. Which is the best option? I will most likely want the one with the shortest throw and the one that lowers the **** the most. I'm a fan of super short shifters.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

If you need a transmission jack, the tall kind for taking your transmission out while the car is on a lift, you can borrow mine.

Last edited by GulfM3; 06-30-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Launching!

I'm down to help as well after work of course. I just wanna be down. LOL!

STONE - I will get that Skip Shift kit from you today for $10. PM Sent.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like we should plan a mod party? I just ordered a new cam...
Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Gulf... Mod party sounds like a good idea! Maybe I should get my cam ordered... Haha I'll ask my buddy today if he has a big tranny jack like that. If not, I may just have to take u up on that offer because surely that would make things much easier! Thanks for offering it!

Ekshail... Thanks for the offer bro!

Looks like it may be delayed a little longer. We've been planning to do it "tomorrow" for 3 days now. Lol may end up being a weekend thing but that's fine. Gives me time to get my other mounts/bushings ordered, find some ARP studs, etc.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Yall texas guys are really pulling together, I would be your gopher if i was down there, or more like the beer run guy, since I dont know too much about installing anything, but dont think I would be able to make the trip, lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Launching!

I just want to be around & learn so in the future I'll be ready. I'll supply the beer.

(Edit) And I know my way around an engine bay seeing as I've done 3 engine swaps (all Nissan's though).

Last edited by Ekshail; 06-30-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekshail
I just want to be around & learn so in the future I'll be ready. I'll supply the beer.

(Edit) And I know my way around an engine bay seeing as I've done 3 engine swaps (all Nissan's though).
Did you say beer
Old 06-30-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

06black... That's how us guys do it down here in the south! Lol when we dropped my car and installed the stock modded shifter, we had a few of us V guys together then too. (A-Bomb and MaxPennMatt. They were pretty much my cars sponsors when I got it. Lol

Beer?

I'm tempted to go ahead and order some rotors and pads now too. Kinda liking this get it all done in one shot idea...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Yes... beer. You gotta have beer when working on a car in this heat!

Matt is a good guy. Too bad his car got smashed
I have his short shifter & cross drilled rotors. I'm waiting on some more $$ so I can have the rotors turned & some new Hawk pads. I plan on using his lowering mod too.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes... A nice cold one is always good when wrenching on the ride. Lol

Matt is good people! I have his shifter and his spacers on my car. Him and Alex helped me cut my stock springs awhile back. Good guys!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekshail
Matt is a good guy. Too bad his car got smashed
This Matt's car?
Attached Thumbnails About to install a bunch of goodies on the V... I have some questions....-v__b5b1.jpg  
Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn dude, its about time you did somework son...now Aaron can have the most stock V Award for the Forum.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 AM
TECH Veteran

I know right! Lol I wasn't going to put much money into the car as I figured id sell it as soon as I finish school but now that im about to be done, I've decided that since its almost paid for, I'm just going to keep it as my daily. Gonna mod it a bit, order a cowl hood soon and my good buddy is actually going to paint it for me. He does bad *** work so i know itll come out looking better than when it rolled off the showroom floor. Paint isnt a must but I'm picky and it'll be nice to get rid of the misc dings, scratches, rock chips, etc it's managed to pick up over the years. Most people don't look close enough to see the flaws but I know they are there and they bug the **** outta me! Lol Unavoidable on a daily driver with 120k on it...
Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stone17
This Matt's car?
Yep. That Matt.

@NeverSatisied - I feel you on the paint. I'm saving my chips for a door repair I need & I need the whole front end re-painted.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Glad I'm not the only one. Lol the car had some flaws when I bought it but the price was too good too pass up. I knew I'd be able to get it painted for a good price anyway so I wasn't worried about it. The fact that it already had some flaws made me not feel so bad for driving it 80 miles a day to school/work combined. My front bumper cover is chip city when u look up close. Also doesn't help that I hit one of the biggest possums anyone's ever seen a couple months back. Came running out into the road at the last minute one night and I didn't have time to brake or swerve and tried to stratle it. Yup... No luck in my lowered V! Took a good hit to the bumper and messed up the paint pretty good on that lower lip. I touched it up to make it much less noticeable. Made me happy that I hadn't already got the chips fixed cause had it been flawless when that happened, I would have lost it. Lol So... That made it a little easier to swallow but I was still pissed! Lol I'll probably wait a couple more months since I'll be done with school in 6 weeks and I won't have to make the daily drive up and down that stretch of highway anymore. It'll make it a little easier to keep the new paint flaw free when I'm not having to dodge the 18 wheeler debris. Lol
Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Yeah, mine was the same way when I bought it. Lots of chips in the paint up front & it looks like the previous owner hit something cause the lip is jacked! It was raining both times I went to check the car out, so i didn't notice all the damage. It wouldn't have changed my mind though. Great price & that Corsa exhaust trumped the other Red V I was looking at.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks like I'll finally be getting to all of this stuff this weekend!