Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tell me why I should not get a V2

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big reg
Thanks bud. I dont believe it was me you saw. My car is black with 20" black wheels with polished lips. Might have been though.

If I keep the V1 i will get a C6Z to be honest to go with it. Just dont need or want 2 cars like this but really like the V1 for some reason.
You're probably right... this V looked pretty much stock. I just don't see that many in our area so thus the reason I asked. I hear you also on having two of the same vehicles and the Vette would be a logical choice... still working on the wife for that one... lol

I also like the V1 and still get that feeling driving mine... although it's only my DD for the spring, summer, and fall months. I've kept mine in good shape and checked the KBB value which is 1K above what I paid for it two and a half years ago. I bought it from a guy up your way, in Saratoga.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to look at it Saturday and honestly I was not blown away by it.
I also contemplated the same move. I'm sure we all have. The V2 didn't blow me away, and I was hoping it would. It felt soft and uninteresting dynamically. I'm sure it's actually fast and corners well, it just didn't feel exciting when it was happening. Getting back in my V1, it felt so much more "fun" and edgy.

The auto was even worse, it could have been a DTS or something in regular driving. I guess that's the idea, but I wasn't a big fan of it.

The CTS is getting near then end of its model life, though, so I am thinking I will hold off and see what comes next. I hope the ATS-V is more like the V1, hopefully weight under 4,000 and horsepower closer to 500.

The V2 didn't "do it" enough for me given the 2x price differential. It's a better car, I have no doubt. But it just didn't scratch my itch.

I also looked at the Z06. That thing is incredible for stock performance. It's disgusting that a stock car can be that fast. The C6 body style doesn't do much for me, and the visibility is atrocious. I was completely blown away by the speed though.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The boss 302 will come down in price once dealers can't move them with the ADM. The non Laguna models can be had for 40-43 which is good price for the performance.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had never really looked at the ISF much until this thread but they do look nice actually.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Its not that I dont like the V2 appearance, perhaps I was not clear on that aspect. I just like the appearance of my V1 lowered with forged wheels. I will be setting up an appointment to drive one possibly this weekend. I am sure that will push me over the edge.

Also too be honest I prefer an auto. Manuals are too hard to find and are priced accordingly. As far as being beat on, its still under factory warranty and I wont have it long enough to worry about it. I usually get another vehicle every 2 yrs or so.
just so you know the silver one doesn't have gm's warranty anymore since it was used for road and track school,

and red has always been cheap as they were normally dealer demo cars.

But each to their own. Most on the other forums are finding the 09's for mid to high 40's still... I'm happy with mine
Old 07-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Think I'm going to stop taking my V1 to the track and breaking things. It will be paid off a year from today. Then I'm going to sell it and try to get into an 09 next. Hopefully I can keep the payment about the same if I bring some cash.

This means I'm going to have to extend the life of my high mileage Exploder.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
New boss are overhyped and overpriced. I'd much rather just grab a gt or used gt500
Originally Posted by itsslow98
base msrp for 2012 boss 41k
base msrp 2011 gt500 48k

grab a 2010 or used 2011 gt500 for high 30s

problem for me with the boss is you cant get the navuigation, and the nav unit(sync) makes the new mustangs interior, without nav you may as well buy a 94-04 mustang cause the interior is just as crappy.
Do you smoke crack>???

The new Boss302 is an impressive car. I was unaware that NAV was not an option which I will agree does stink but to compare a S-197 interior to any '04 and down Mustang is retarded. Especially the 2010 and up S-197.

I hate to break it to you or anyone else but the V1 interior is NOTHING to right home about.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife told me I could get a V2. Thought about it, ran some numbers, then decided I'd keep my car. With what I've done, it runs better now than ever before, and besides, a V2 would have to be on its toes to just barely beat me home.

Get the V2. With that enhanced paycheck, you deserve it.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Svt If you've ever read my posts it's hOw crappy and outdated the v1s interior is lol. The radios in pretty much all cars suck bug time and make any interior feel cheap including c6z without nav. Just the look and integration they have with nav changes the luxury feel ten fold. Sit in a 2011 loaded gt, then a boss and tell me it isn't completely different. It's bland and boring. Just my 02 cents, if you don't agree I wOnt hold it against you lol
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

V2>M5

I owned and heavily modded BMW M6 with all the Dinan goodies and still love my V2 more.

If you plan to mod the BMWs even the slightest, better have pockets full of $.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

335i is fairly cheap to mod. At least compared to some of the other BMW cars . . .
Old 07-16-2011, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like many of the others have said, if you get a Terminator stang, man, those interiors look like ****. The gauge cluster is ****, it looks like a car from the early 90's, not a 200x car. What a shame to do that to a really nice car.

The ISF's that I've seen around this area, are really really nice to look at in person. They definitely catch the eye, the double stacked pipes in the rear are a nice aggressive touch, and man do they sound MEAN just idling and at partial throttle... I still haven't heard one at WOT yet.

How come you haven't mentioned a viper yet?

-meaty
Old 07-16-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
Like many of the others have said, if you get a Terminator stang, man, those interiors look like ****. The gauge cluster is ****, it looks like a car from the early 90's, not a 200x car. What a shame to do that to a really nice car.

The ISF's that I've seen around this area, are really really nice to look at in person. They definitely catch the eye, the double stacked pipes in the rear are a nice aggressive touch, and man do they sound MEAN just idling and at partial throttle... I still haven't heard one at WOT yet.

-meaty
2yr old son.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V

-meaty
My wife has been wanting a ISF for a while now. We went and drove 2 in the past couple weeks.....MAN that is on BADASS CAR!. I wouldn't hesitate to trade my V1 for it in a second. They are a bit pricey but being her dd we won't be getting in to the mod game at all.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

I've owned both, modded both, raced both and daily driven both. the V1 does NOT compare to the V2, so glad I went with a V2 this time around.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

I haven't had the chance to drive a manual V2 yet. I have driven an auto V2 sedan and coupe. There's just something that you lose in an auto in such a BEAST of a performance car. I may have a different opinion once I get the chance to drive a M6....Now that my V1 has 115,xxx on the ticker it may be sooner than later.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
My wife has been wanting a ISF for a while now. We went and drove 2 in the past couple weeks.....MAN that is on BADASS CAR!. I wouldn't hesitate to trade my V1 for it in a second. They are a bit pricey but being her dd we won't be getting in to the mod game at all.
Had a stock one pull up next to me in my work truck one day, I could hear the exhaust at IDLE over the Detroit Diesel... just sounds like a pissed off car stock if I ever heard one.

Hopefully the price on them will drop enough so they can be more affordable soon.

-meaty
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Teching In

I just traded my 2005 for a 2009. My buddy is trying to get rid of his ISF for a 2009 CTS-V. A car at the local dealership sold it out from underneath him, however. I loved my 2005 but the V2 is sooo much faster and meatier looking. I am definitely a convert. Just a few hard runs with the V2 supercharger wail and you will forget about your V1.