Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V2 sold for $36,900

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by STUPERCHARGED6.2
yes sir mileage was waaaay up there...i wasent gonna buy because of it....there was some numbers loaded in the telephone.... hers was in there...i called her when i left the dealer we talked for quite a bit she said they took alot of out of town trips... her husband rarely drove the car....but she said they had to many issues with the radio not working at times...and they just wanted to get out before sumthin major happend ....i am seeing that problem sometimes...took it to the dealer they gave me a print out of all the warranty work done...it had been there 8 times in two months all for the radio...they just kept sending the radio back...but this is a computer issue...everything in the center of the dash is inopp thats ac controls, radio, clock, ipod/aux jack, and onstar/dimming mirror....the little light on the mirror for the onstar that gose green to say its ready.... it gose red... disconnect the battery for a few and everything works fine...but other than that i was able to take the car to my boys shop he looked it over/drove it said all was good and i bought the car....i been grinnin everysince

I had that issue in a V once. Fixed it. Don't remember part... it was a board members car here.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I had that issue in a V once. Fixed it. Don't remember part... it was a board members car here.
boooooooo....the service guy at tom peacock cadillac tryied to sell me a $300 battery....i just asked for another person to talk to what a dumbass
Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice.

I'll try and look it up tomorrow.(vehicle history)
Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Nice.

I'll try and look it up tomorrow.(vehicle history)
yeyuuuhhhhhh....thankx bro
Old 07-28-2011, 06:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boooooooo....the service guy at tom peacock cadillac tryied to sell me a $300 battery....i just asked for another person to talk to what a dumbass
Those of us near dealerships with people like Jamie and Luke are very fortunate. I've been to other dealerships that had limited V experience, and they really screwed things up. Jamie had to fix every previous "repair" the other dealer made.

If you're in the South Florida area, and you're not taking your V to Jamie, you must have suffered too many head injuries.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

yes sir mileage was waaaay up there...i wasent gonna buy because of it....there was some numbers loaded in the telephone.... hers was in there...i called her when i left the dealer we talked for quite a bit she said they took alot of out of town trips... her husband rarely drove the car....but she said they had to many issues with the radio not working at times...and they just wanted to get out before sumthin major happend ....i am seeing that problem sometimes...took it to the dealer they gave me a print out of all the warranty work done...it had been there 8 times in two months all for the radio...they just kept sending the radio back...but this is a computer issue...everything in the center of the dash is inopp thats ac controls, radio, clock, ipod/aux jack, and onstar/dimming mirror....the little light on the mirror for the onstar that gose green to say its ready.... it gose red... disconnect the battery for a few and everything works fine...but other than that i was able to take the car to my boys shop he looked it over/drove it said all was good and i bought the car....i been grinnin everysince
wow that's pretty cool. I'm really surprised you got it for that steal. Must be nice!

If the radio and all that is an isuue could be a bad deal.

There is a ground on the passenger side of the engine bay below the air filter. Make sure that is tight. I think I remember reading on the other forum that someone had a electrical issue and they took that ground off, and cleaned it up and reattached it and they all went away.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

...the little light on the mirror for the onstar that gose green to say its ready.... it gose red...
I've had that minor irritant almost since new. OnStar works OK, just the the LED light alternates b/t green and red. They're gonna replace the OnStar antenna on Monday.
Hope that fixes it.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Those of us near dealerships with people like Jamie and Luke are very fortunate. I've been to other dealerships that had limited V experience, and they really screwed things up. Jamie had to fix every previous "repair" the other dealer made.

If you're in the South Florida area, and you're not taking your V to Jamie, you must have suffered too many head injuries.

DON'T LISTEN TO THIS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want your headache vehicles. But,....if you wanna ruin my entire day, please do.

I'm playing, kinda. More then willing to dive into a vehicle to fix any issues at hand. Thanks for the kind words Lizard, appreciated. Having this job and being somewhat decent at it, goes way beyond being a job, it's a passion/pride thing, and I enjoy it. Anywho, thanks again. I'm actually running the Certified Roadside Service Escalade over the next few days so, I am mobile and on call for 24hours straight from jupiter to the keys. Anyone have a problem(a roadside related issue-lockedout-outta fuel-dead batt-etc) in your under warranty Cadillac/Hummer/SAAB,....HOLLLLLA

Quick Reply: V2 sold for $36,900