Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2011 cts v info

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 cts v info

I am currently knocking around numbers and might scoop up a new black diamond sedan but before i do so i need to know a few things and any info will be helpful .

Has anyone heard of any horror stories with mods and dealer service ????

Has any stock cts-v crack 11s - it looks like they are all stuck in the low
12s ???????

How is the car for reliability and every day driving ? Comfortable ???? Feels like your sitting in a Race car .

How bad is the heat soak on these cars ??? Any thermal wrapping or plenums to limit it in use ????

thanks

Tony
Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DAGREEKNYC
I am currently knocking around numbers and might scoop up a new black diamond sedan but before i do so i need to know a few things and any info will be helpful .

Has anyone heard of any horror stories with mods and dealer service ????

Has any stock cts-v crack 11s - it looks like they are all stuck in the low
12s ???????

How is the car for reliability and every day driving ? Comfortable ???? Feels like your sitting in a Race car .

How bad is the heat soak on these cars ??? Any thermal wrapping or plenums to limit it in use ????

thanks

Tony
In good air, on a well prepped track some V's have run high 11's, bone stock. With drag radials it's a breeze.

They are cheap and easy to add over 100 hp, but don't plan to keep your warranty intact if you do.

They are truly comfortable and reliable as a DD or road car. The adjustable shocks ride great but when you ask will outbreak, out corner, and out accelerate an LS2 Corvette.

The V's intercooler system is better than the one on a ZR1 Vette. That being said, heat soak is still an issue. Hot lapping at the drag strip will cost you at least 2 tenths. A bigger or additional heat exchanger will help.

I absolutely LOVE mine.

Hope that helps,
Wayne
Old 07-30-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've seen two crack the 11's but most guys are either new drivers or if they have a lot of track time they just start modding. They are quick stock.

This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. IF you get the standard seats over the Recaros you may find it feels less racey and a bit more comfortable, if that is what you are looking for.

There are solutions for supercharger heat. I PM'ed you.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 AM
11 Second Club

Love mine!

Get one soon! Pick up a kdi hx and a lot of the heat soak goes away.

Lots of information out there if you want.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM

i see they trap high which is good for a mid to hi 11 but they are stuck in the 12.0-12.3 range .i guess its driver skill .
Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

yup your correct. Mike with g-force went 11.8 stock, or was it 11.9, not sure but yeah they can run 11's with a good driver. I suck at 1/4 but it's still a bad **** car to drive.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:32 PM

Well this being said i am taking the CTS v plunge . lets hope i do not experience the nightmares i did getting me 2008 e63 AMG into the 11's ! 3 transmissions in 8000 miles!

thanks for the info peeps .Will post up some new pics soon .

The black diamond does look sick !
Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

you will love the v.. I just bought a 09 v and it is amazing!!! the wife and i looked at a amg b4 are 05 v and we thought the 05 was a little better than the amg.. this one blows it out of the water!

The owner of a dyno shop i work with just bought a 09 also and he put on L.F. cold air intake on and dyno tuned it and gained 53 rwhp!! next is a pulley!!

Quick Reply: 2011 cts v info