Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maggie on but need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maggie on but need help.

Its been one thing after another. Got Fuel pump working, was a bad new relay. Fan wouldn't come on, ended up being a bad fuse. Now these are my other problems: Idle likes to go up around 1500 when cruzing (use to be 2000 before fuse was replaced for fan, go figure), if you are at a stop light the idle will come down to normal. Another problem car will run good besides idle for awhile and then Check engine light comes on, codes are PO171, PO174 (Both banks are running lean and PO327, PO332 (Knock Sensors low voltage). I put the car on scanner and it shows car is running rich and the computer is leaning it out. Shows no problem with Knock Sensors. I think it is the programing and just so everyone knows I did try SpeedInc because I live in Chicagoland area but they are 3 to 4 weeks out and want $500 to put it on the dyno. Magnasum says that because there is a cold air intake it is causing the lean condition and say that a knock sensor wire got pinched. They now use SCT Programmers, which SCT does have several dealers by me but it seems that SCT main focus is Fords and trucks. I figure or should I say I hope someone else has had these problems and might be able to help or might know someone in my area.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, your issues sound primarily tune-related. You've got all those relay/fuse issues figured out, so I'd plunk down the buck$ and get a tune. Other guys here might have a different take, but that's my $0.02.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

I would love to go get a tune but Speed Inc is booked out over 3 weeks, do you know anyone else in the Chicagoland area?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good dynotune is worth the wait. Dyno tunes on maggied cars have shown like 40hp gains over the tune magnuson sends you.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Knock sensor wire probably did get pinched (easy to do). I would check that out first cause if it is your going to have to get it fixed before dyno tune anyway.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

Well checked the knock sensors and wiring and everything looked fine but still replaced them. Put everything back together and Victoria is running Great. Equal pressure at pump and engine with the Aeromotive pump. The rear-end is doing fine with the Hendricks axles and TC Girdle and will be taking it to a wedding tomorrow in Southern Wisconsin. Give you an update later. Still will go to the tuner on September 12th.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Launching!

sounds like you had a vacuum leak

Quick Reply: Maggie on but need help.