Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had 5% on my white SS and it looked sick during the day, but having to roll your windows down to make turns and back up at nighttime was not worth it. I tested mine on the V and it came out at 16%. I totally understand why 5% would be illegal.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
I'm sure this varies by state and of course by the particular officer and what you're doing and how you're "profiled", but one thing that they seemed to agree on is if they can see your profile and perhaps tell if you're a man or woman, they won't hassle you on that...Same thing with no front plate...I don't have one on mine and they never even look twice at me if I'm driving normally. Guess they figure it must be an older guy driving it (I'm not but from a distance looking at the car) and as long as not doing something stupid, they don't care. Besides, it's a fix it ticket anyway and only like $10 (may be a little more nowadays), so not worried about it...Same thing with tint...I had dark on the rears of my GTO and medium on the side and being it was a dark interior they looked darker than they were on certain angles...never got hassled. However, bet if they were 'limo' all around and I was riding on chrome ghetto wheels they would
$10? Maybe in the '50s or '60s. I just paid $150 for my no front plate ticket on my Impala.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^In CA if you get it fixed and signed off from a police agency, it's $25 (now...guess it did go up a little a couple years ago, like everything else)...I am 100% it was only $10 only a few years ago, because I did get a few of those here and there...If you don't get it fixed, than yeah they will charge you $$$.

anyhow: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d17/vc40611.htm

BTW - are you required to have registration tags on the front plates there, also? I know some states do/did and can imagine that affects the $$$ and if it's a fix it ticket or not...we don't have that requirement here (yet) and really the front plate is so secondary here (many people don't run them).

what tripped me out was when I went to TN for business a couple years ago and saw no cars with front plates...thought that was odd then learned they don't issue/need them there...must be nice, lol.

Also, I thought in TX you could have all the windows tinted, including the windshield (to a certain %)? Did they change that or am I thinking of another state?

Last edited by JNR_Design; 09-05-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks great! I run a minimum of limo on all my cars! Had double limo on my 03 cobra and on my 300C SRT8. Loved it in the day but hated it at night! Limo is not as dark in the day but makes things much more visible at night. I have limo on the V (5%) with 35% on the windshield.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

First pic is all 5%

other pics i had 50% windshield, 35% front doors, 5% on the rest
Attached Thumbnails New Window Tint-my-v-slammed.jpg   New Window Tint-cadd6.jpg   New Window Tint-cadd1.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Window Tint