Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

H&R Springs/ WHAT camber adjustment for the street are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought my contribution was rather valid considering what was asked :shrug:
Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your to much of a know-it-all to even be on this forum... we understand your question! Were just trying to tell you that one guys setup may not work for you!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No man, I already knew every car would be different and I previously stated that. You also think you know what I am allowed to ask which your not. And your not to decide if I should be here or not. I can get my answer from the few who are willing to answer my questions. I am ok with that. I didnt come here to make friends. This forum has always been typically filled with a select few like you, and thats ok.
Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
your to much of a know-it-all to even be on this forum... we understand your question! Were just trying to tell you that one guys setup may not work for you!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tony tone
i thought my contribution was rather valid considering what was asked :shrug:
No it was exactly what I asked for. You provided me with the specifics that I wanted. Thank you.

Some peeps think comparing other setups, no matter how different they are is useless but its not. I like to compare and it helps now and in the past especially if I decide to mod further. This is what the forum is all about: INFORMATION. Not peeps telling each other what they think they need to know. If I wanted the info I didnt ask for, I woulda asked that question in a different thread or did a search.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
What camber adjustment are you all running for the street with your H&R springs? My GM Service Manual states that "stock" the rear should be -1.4 and the front should be -.5
My rear camber now is -4 and the front is -2

I messed with the rear a little and it looks to me like all of the camber can be adjusted out.
If all the camber can be adjusted out of the rear (meaning you can get back to stock camber levels), then I don't understand what your question is. You're just driving the car on the street, give it a stock (aka street) alignment. GM's engineers came up with those specs based on a helluva lot more testing and data than any of us have at hand, and those settings will work just as well on a lowered car as they will on a stock car.

If you want some other suggested numbers, try the CTS-V FAQ.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
You say **** and vagina but abbreviate douschebag [sic], its [sic] cause you couldnt [sic] spell it isnt [sic] it.
And apparently neither could you.

Oh, and remember, kids, when your () getting all worked up and name calling, your ≠ you're.

Last edited by AAIIIC; 09-09-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all! (Gives the finger to 9t8z28) I just installed h&r springs on my v and am loving it. The questions I had about them all of you guys answered, I wanted to express my appreciation for you guys in the forum, you guys are always very helpful!

Oh and 9t8z28 go buy a BMW so u can be with the rest of your stuck up a-hole kind
Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zumzero
Hello all! (Gives the finger to 9t8z28) I just installed h&r springs on my v and am loving it. The questions I had about them all of you guys answered, I wanted to express my appreciation for you guys in the forum, you guys are always very helpful!

Oh and 9t8z28 go buy a BMW so u can be with the rest of your stuck up a-hole kind
Holy ****, this thread is dead. I dont even remember it. Your awesome Zero and thanks for the contribution. stuck up? I came from owning a Camaro, no imports, I'm a die-hard Chevy guy, but thanks for the recamendation.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just playing devil's advocate here, but if "all" cars are so very different then why/how could the factory put out stock alignment specs?

Everyone on here tells the OP that "every car and spring is different, so just go get a stock alignment and call it a day"......kind of contradicting.

Now i understand that the factory spec is the most ideal for street use, but the OP may want to give it a shot in his driveway, or at the very least check to see how far outside the spec it is.

Quick Reply: H&R Springs/ WHAT camber adjustment for the street are you using?