Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just got a new hookup for GM parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got a new hookup for GM parts

I know that Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac has been the hookup on sourcing V related parts, and I've never read or heard anything but the BEST about his service. Today I found out that an old buddy and football teammate of mine is a service writer at my local GM/Caddy dealership. So just in case any of you are looking for something GM related that you couldn't find other places or maybe are looking to price shop feel free to hit up Clint Anderson @ Carl Cannon GM in Jasper, Al. The toll free # is (888) 607-6799 for parts and service. I don't have a dog in the fight and this isn't a kickback deal, Clint is just an honest hardworking guy that I'd put my name down for in a heartbeat.

Clint Anderson
Carl Cannon Chevy Buick Cadillac GMC Trucks
888-607-6799 service dept.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to know. Closer to home for me too. Thanks.

However, you said he was a service writer... I'll bet he's a lot busier than most parts guys.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Good to know. Closer to home for me too. Thanks.

However, you said he was a service writer... I'll bet he's a lot busier than most parts guys.
That being said this isn't a really high volume dealership. They sold about 120-150 cars a month when I worked there. I think they have about 4-5 service writers....TRUST ME, you don't want the parts guys doing your business there.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a friend get me a couple parts from the Local Cadillac dealership here, which the name won't be mentioned...

He said to me, "he says stop on by anytime, and he said he'll hook you up!"

Well sweet!

So I go there, looking to get a quote on the new V shift **** in leather...

He Tried to charge me RETAIL price as a "hookup" price. $180 something dollars?!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Luke at Lindsay Cadillac have them for $8x as "our" cost?

The "hookup" cost I was going to get was DOUBLE that...

Sometimes I really hate parts guys...

But then there's the parts guy at my local Mazda dealership, he really HOOKS ME UP!

Every once in a while I get a nice small freebie, and man, it makes my day. No sarcasm!

-meaty
Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
I had a friend get me a couple parts from the Local Cadillac dealership here, which the name won't be mentioned...

He said to me, "he says stop on by anytime, and he said he'll hook you up!"

Well sweet!

So I go there, looking to get a quote on the new V shift **** in leather...

He Tried to charge me RETAIL price as a "hookup" price. $180 something dollars?!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Luke at Lindsay Cadillac have them for $8x as "our" cost?

The "hookup" cost I was going to get was DOUBLE that...

Sometimes I really hate parts guys...

But then there's the parts guy at my local Mazda dealership, he really HOOKS ME UP!

Every once in a while I get a nice small freebie, and man, it makes my day. No sarcasm!

-meaty
Yeah without a doubt you have to watch your @$$ on those "buddy deals". Once I called up the local junkyard/bodyshop which is owned by one of my dad's "best" friends of 40+ years. I needed a blower fan and a pwr window switch for a 90s Silverado. He quoted me something like $65 for USED parts off a wrecked truck, it seemed a little steep so I called the dealership, which happens to be the one that I posted this about. I got the parts OEM, with a warranty on the fan for less than $30. Never hurts to get a second opinion that's FOR SURE.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Yeah without a doubt you have to watch your @$$ on those "buddy deals". Once I called up the local junkyard/bodyshop which is owned by one of my dad's "best" friends of 40+ years. I needed a blower fan and a pwr window switch for a 90s Silverado. He quoted me something like $65 for USED parts off a wrecked truck, it seemed a little steep so I called the dealership, which happens to be the one that I posted this about. I got the parts OEM, with a warranty on the fan for less than $30. Never hurts to get a second opinion that's FOR SURE.
A friend of mine has a TRUE hookup at a local junk yard lol

He's come out of there with more **** with free because he's friends with the owners, I've nearly slapped the crap out of him for all the rare miata stuff he's snagged for nothing.

Just a shame they don't get anything for the V's in there

-meaty
Old 09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
A friend of mine has a TRUE hookup at a local junk yard lol

He's come out of there with more **** with free because he's friends with the owners, I've nearly slapped the crap out of him for all the rare miata stuff he's snagged for nothing.

Just a shame they don't get anything for the V's in there

-meaty
Yeah I hear and read where someone found this and that part for their V at a local junkyard. I have NEVER seen another V1 in Bham much less a crashed one at a jy.

Quick Reply: Just got a new hookup for GM parts