Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

which muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corsa is a very nice system but it's $$$$. You will like it with x-pipe and no mufflers with some nice tips. Trust me!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Teching In

X-pipe with magnaflows!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Teching In

RRSV; might I suggest removing the mufflers entirely? I did that on mine, replaced the mufflers with straight piping. Very easily done at any exhaust shop. Cost me $100 out the door which included welding on my new Magnaflow tips. Before you spend more on another set of mufflers, you may wish to give this option a try. I don't have a vid of that but I think if you check here or on youtube you'll find plenty of samples. Like you, I left the resonator in place, just removed the rear mufflers/replaced them with straight pipe. I think it will give you the sound and volume you're looking for. Not TOO loud, but louder than what you have now. No problems with interior drone or having conversations. Just my .03 cents :-)

-Marc
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good actually something I'm looking for especially since I just want a lil louder then stock plus I park next to my 2yr olds room. Seems to be $128 shipped from summit
Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by marcjac
RRSV; might I suggest removing the mufflers entirely? I did that on mine, replaced the mufflers with straight piping. Very easily done at any exhaust shop. Cost me $100 out the door which included welding on my new Magnaflow tips. Before you spend more on another set of mufflers, you may wish to give this option a try. I don't have a vid of that but I think if you check here or on youtube you'll find plenty of samples. Like you, I left the resonator in place, just removed the rear mufflers/replaced them with straight pipe. I think it will give you the sound and volume you're looking for. Not TOO loud, but louder than what you have now. No problems with interior drone or having conversations. Just my .03 cents :-)

-Marc
I know a muffler delete is the cheapest way to go but I dont like the sound of it from the clips Ive seen / heard on youtube. Im not knocking anyone that has done it because we all have that perfect sound we're after but I want a tone that a muffler will add to the exhaust note.

Before I bought my V I had a Tundra and went through a couple of Magnaflow mufflers (18" and 14") and finally ended up with a 4" Magnapack and I also had the resonator removed and sound wise was just right and very deep at idle and cruising...so I know a round / bullet style muffler is what I want, loudness wise that is. I knew better when I bought the 14" Magnaflows for the V but I though Id give them a try first. I want it louder than the oval Magnaflows but with a slightly higher pitched sound and from what Ive seen / heard on youtube the XR-1s will give me that.

I appreciate your .03¢ though.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Teching In

RRsV: Couldn't agree more! Everyone has that specific sound they're after. Do what you gotta do LOL! I hope you get exactly what you want.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Well RRsV,when you're ready to lop off those ovals and go with something else let me know. My stock gutted muffs are a little much/weird sounding for me now that I installed headers and cat delete.

Quick Reply: which muffler?