Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2009 CTSV Upgrade Lingenfelter problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 CTSV Upgrade Lingenfelter problems?

Hi Everyone --- I am planing on buying a 2009 CTS-V next year, and thinking of adding the Lingenfelter pulley upgrade (up to 630 hp) for the $2,495 --- or possibly just a cold air intake.

Has anyone had any problems with drivability, reliability, sqeaks/rattles, or any other problems after adding the Lingenfelter (or any other) upgrade to a 2009 cts-v? Any regrets?

Thanks for your answers.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Teching In

I have done a ported and polished supercharger snout, 2.55 pulley, CAI and a tune with no regrets. Drives like it always did and runs 11.5 in the quarter mile. Really wakes up the car.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Launching!

Yeah I'm going Heavy's route as soon as I get mine. You can get just those mods done for CHEAP. I'm also thinking full exhaust with headers because I want it to sound meaner.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bfin
Hi Everyone --- I am planing on buying a 2009 CTS-V next year, and thinking of adding the Lingenfelter pulley upgrade (up to 630 hp) for the $2,495 --- or possibly just a cold air intake.

Has anyone had any problems with drivability, reliability, sqeaks/rattles, or any other problems after adding the Lingenfelter (or any other) upgrade to a 2009 cts-v? Any regrets?

Thanks for your answers.
go read the sticky on this form and look around. The mods your buying only cost 600 or 200 bucks to buy, you can install them yourself or what not. Just depends what you want. I have more then those mods and as Heavy said mine drives stock, till I press the fun pedal
Old 10-06-2011, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for your answers.
search around, go join ctsvowners.com and ask questions. You will find that your car either squeeks or rattles or it doesn't. Mine doesn't rattle or squeek before or after my mods.

As far as the mods, it's all about the tune, A good tune and your car will preform stock, a bad one and you will be buying a new engine and tranny (Worst case). Most CAI's still require a tune just FYI.... Personally I'd find a local tuner you like and trust and get all your work done through him. It's one thing I have learned and it would have saved me a lot of money if I learned it the first time. Remember, you get what you pay for....
Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

We can do it for half the price.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
FormerVendor

Default Lingenfelter CTS-V mods

If you want to do some of the work yourself, and don't require the dyno testing, we can perform the snout work and the calibration for much less. Or if you just need the parts and want to do it all yourself, it is only $589.95. Just let us know, and we'll be glad to support you in whichever way you choose.

thank you
Old 10-08-2011, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

I got the 630 when I first bought my car, mainly because the dealer did it for me. It was easy and I had no worries. The only downside of the lpe setup is no tcm tuning when you don't get installed by them. And that's a huge increase in performance.

I'm going with some other things now to get it closer to 700 thanks to rooster....
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Jeff said, That 255 kit route is pretty easy and massive power gain vs money.

600 dollars isn't bad for your horsepower gained.

I think i had put up some videos on youtube on how to change them over. It dont take long, and only simple tools.

You can add alot to the car and still keep drivability.

They rattle and squeek when stock as well, so modded dont change much.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Teching In

wait4me did my modifications. Here is what I got:

1. get a handlheld tuner - download the stock tune and send to Jesse so he can create you a custom map (actually, three) - $405
2. pull the supercharger snout, send in and get Jesse to port, polish and mount the 2.55 pulley (he now has 2.55. and 2.35 interchange kits, as well) - $250 for the 2.55, not sure what the others cost.
3. get the coupler - the spring loaded stock one is noisy - I think that was $80 or so
4. Get the shorter belt - I think that was $70

It will take about 2 hours to remove and then mount the new snout. Not too hard. Program the car with Jesse's tune and you are all set. Instant 60 to 80 horsepower (I went from 12.3@115 to 11.5@124). Best $805 you will ever spend. And, that includes the ability to change your tune when you need (he gives you three) along with the engine AND transmission tunes. Great deal.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

+1 to HeavyH2O's post.

I've since done a bit more to my car (with both W4M and Speed inc.), but 1.5 years ago I had the same basic mods as HeavyH2O and had almost identical results. At the time of this run I had a W4M CAI, pulley (i went with the lower instead of the upper) and a W4M tune:

CTS-V vs H/C/I LS1

Run was on the factory Michelin PS2's.

Full CAI was ~$350, Lower Pulley setup was ~$800, belt was $50 and W4M did the install and tune for free. Not sure if the prices are still the same. I also bought an XCal3 ($400) at the time to hold the tunes, allow me to datalog, identify and clear codes, etc. although that wasn't necessarily required. He gave me a few different versions of my tune with alterations to trans settings.

I'm sure you'd also have great luck with Lingenfelter. I know of two people that had work done there and both were satisfied with the results.

Last edited by gnxs; 10-10-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for your answers.

I've modded many 2nd gen V's from most of all the manufactures of "kits" for the platform. I have had zero failures mod related. However, I like certain brands more then others though. This could be anywhere from quality to lack of to crappy hardware to no hardware, etc. Lingenfelter, in my installation experience, is one of the better brands out there for your Cadillac. I work on Cadillac V series cars nearly every single day.

Pm me if you have any questions on parts, you'll get an unbiased answer.

Quick Reply: 2009 CTSV Upgrade Lingenfelter problems?