Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

my opinion on CTS-V vs subaru STi. what's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011 | 01:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the pictures of your old sti. Clean, that's the way I like it.
Old 11-05-2011 | 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lupers3
Thanks for the pictures of your old sti. Clean, that's the way I like it.
Thanks I miss it some, but than I love my caddy more than I miss it lol
Old 11-05-2011 | 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

this isnt that far off from a decent group of cars to compare. a Gen 1 V is close in price with both cars listed. All are 4 door vehicles, make decent power and come manual.

That being said two of them are proven, battle tested platforms and put performance over comfort. While the V puts a key on comfort over performance. In the best world the V would be lighter, better rear end, have better seats and have a better shifter like the EVO/STI. While the Evo/Sti could have a bit better interior and maybe for the STI a more stout motor.

I have driven all three and the EVO is bar far the easier car to drive hard, followed by the STI then the V. Doesnt make the EVO the most fun to drive, that would go to the V personally. But stock for stock it is what it is.

And at most track events ive been to the EVO/STI guys tend to make the most out of their platforms and that AWD really pays off.

Its two different ways to do the same thing and both are right. The idea of having an EVO with some bolt ons has always appealed to me. Heck having nice seats in my V also appeal to be even though im not a 3"ft asian guy like someone mentioned.

And lastly people do cross show the new 5.0 with the M3, one i know did that with the Boss 5.0 and the M3 and another did it with the Boss 5.0 and 1M.

Quick Reply: my opinion on CTS-V vs subaru STi. what's yours?