Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

F & R CTS Coilovers (true coilovers)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011 | 07:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cadzila
The "helper springs" have nothing to do with ride quality. Nothing. As soon as the shock compresses with the weight of the car they fully compress. All they do is keep the main spring under tension so it stays in place when the car in jacked up. Some european crap.
Ok hadnt heard that before, but it definately makes sense.

I would think any car that is only 1/8th inch off the bump stops is almost awalys on the bump stops and would ride like ****. It would have to..
Just saying that on the kw's ive had, once they are raised up a little bit, lets say it was probably more like a 1/2 inch or more the ride quality improves greatly. The other two brands ive bought rode like **** all the time, and the only difference's i noticed were the helper springs. The kw's i had were always the v1's so im sure that it was all in the shocks/struts themselves.

As far as KSport goes, D2 and KSport are exactly the same. (except for cosmetics of course) They are made by the same company with the same materials and in the same plant.
Then they would both be a great alternative for just lowering springs so one had ride height adjustibility... Thanks for the insight man.
Old 12-10-2011 | 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

The KW is not the stock rear shock, jackass. Even if it's mounted the same, its not exactly the same. Go back to your gay *** cadillac site with all the other jimmy homosho's.
That's not what he stated, and the helper spring is most certainly not crap.

Quick Reply: F & R CTS Coilovers (true coilovers)