Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Those of you with Pacesetter headers please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're gonna waste a lot of $$$ for something that's gonna rust anyway. just go stainless.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Yah, I probably would've dove on those amazon open box ones too, if DrSpeed hadn't snatched em up. It's probably for the best that he got em though, so now I've got more time to look into everything I'll want to do and what the bottom dollar will be.

Thanks for the tips and advise guys.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

So how are they? Pics?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chitown21y
So how are they? Pics?
Dood, you're in Everett. Just come down and take a look at them yourself!!!

Standby. I'll get some today after the Holiday Bowl. Alma mater's gonna wail on the Longhorns.

(The box just arrived yesterday, in Pacesetter marked packaging.)
Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds good! Where are you at? Pics first then maybe I will stop by when I am down south next time...
Old 12-29-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Box was a bit beat up...looked like the original Pacesetter factory box. The staples were still in place, so it was never opened. The headers did not have a SINGLE dent nor scratch, which was amazing given that it was delivered by UPS...

The inside of the box:

What it came with:

Here are some macro shots:

Here are the rest of the photos:

Pacesetter Photos

Originally Posted by homerz28
you're gonna waste a lot of $$$ for something that's gonna rust anyway. just go stainless.
Really? How's your 02 Stainless Steel Firebird holding up? Has it rusted away yet? Why is there always a dipshit that always has to rain on someone's parade? It's not stainless, I don't intend on keeping this vehicle for more than a few years, and for $200 dollars, I can replace it 4 times before I have to buy a SS one.

Originally Posted by chitown21y
Sounds good! Where are you at? Pics first then maybe I will stop by when I am down south next time...
I'm in Seattle proper, in the Wedgewood neighborhood (near Northgate). PM me and I'll send you my address.

Originally Posted by Rakenjevnk
lol @ DrSpeeds Avatar & Wife Hiding
I'll convince her it's a new addition for the science lab...

Last edited by DrSpeed; 12-29-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Corrected image links
Old 12-29-2011, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Can replace it 5x or more. The connector pipes from Kooks are like $450.

Credit where it is due the other brands are slightly better headers. They are not 4-5x better.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gabbiani
^^ Can replace it 5x or more. The connector pipes from Kooks are like $450.

Credit where it is due the other brands are slightly better headers. They are not 4-5x better.
Exactly. Not going to net 5 times the horsepower either.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHA...threadjack here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...inch-rims.html

and tagline quoted for posterity:

Old 12-29-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

They look great! I bet they last longer then you think.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Why wouldn't they last? I was looking at these online and I saw you can get an extension for them. What exactly is the extension for?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pho_phizzat
Why wouldn't they last? I was looking at these online and I saw you can get an extension for them. What exactly is the extension for?

These?

http://www.amazon.com/PaceSetter-82-...5195992&sr=8-1

They just connect to your factory or aftermarket exhaust.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrSpeed
These?

http://www.amazon.com/PaceSetter-82-...5195992&sr=8-1

They just connect to your factory or aftermarket exhaust.
Any ok thank you.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Strokinit383
My pacesetters fit perfect. You dont have to have flanges welded to them, just buy the slip-on adapters and they will bolt right up to your stock or aftermarket exhaust. No complaints here.
I have coated Pacesetters and mine fit perfect also. Just get the adapters.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Coated Pacesetters from Amazon here...perfect fit, still nice and shiny after a several months. Hard to beat coated long tubes for under $500.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Launching!

"Really? How's your 02 Stainless Steel Firebird holding up? Has it rusted away yet? Why is there always a dipshit that always has to rain on someone's parade? It's not stainless, I don't intend on keeping this vehicle for more than a few years, and for $200 dollars, I can replace it 4 times before I have to buy a SS one"

yeah i had some stainless steel ebay headers on my 2001 camaro and they've been on for two years and still look great. oh, and I paid $300 for them. fit great. sorry for trying to help you make the better choice. when you decide to resell the car, some nice SS headers will look alot better to the potential buyers than some rusty pacesetters.

Last edited by homerz28; 12-30-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

"Really? How's your 02 Stainless Steel Firebird holding up? Has it rusted away yet? Why is there always a dipshit that always has to rain on someone's parade? It's not stainless, I don't intend on keeping this vehicle for more than a few years, and for $200 dollars, I can replace it 4 times before I have to buy a SS one"

yeah i had some stainless steel ebay headers on my 2001 camaro and they've been on for two years and still look great. oh, and I paid $300 for them. fit great. sorry for trying to help you make the better choice. when you decide to resell the car, some nice SS headers will look alot better to the potential buyers than some rusty pacesetters.
Lulz....
Old 01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First off before everyone goes and buys a pair lol, I am as unbiased about these as you can get since I installed mine a week before I wrecked my car a month ago. Felt a gain right after the instal so that was cool. They look nice which is also a positive. They are also wider than the obx's which should make them perform better.

Now the NEGATIVES

There is no space to put cats in so u are fucked for inspection unless you cut your exhaust. Next those conectors are a piece of **** and dont waste your money on them anyway cause they will leak where they bolt up to the exhaust. Now with people welding them good luck considering there is no flex pipe you are stupid! Sorry blatant but this is true. I am going to be taking those connectors off putting some baby highflows behind them and having to do a custom exhaust cause cutting up my corsa is a sin. Guess I'll be listing a corsa soon enough. Sucks the car got wrecked and I have to deal with this **** now rather then next fall as I planned. Either way its a pain in the ***.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

Originally Posted by kl2onik
First off before everyone goes and buys a pair lol, I am as unbiased about these as you can get since I installed mine a week before I wrecked my car a month ago. Felt a gain right after the instal so that was cool. They look nice which is also a positive. They are also wider than the obx's which should make them perform better.

Now the NEGATIVES

There is no space to put cats in so u are fucked for inspection unless you cut your exhaust. Next those conectors are a piece of **** and dont waste your money on them anyway cause they will leak where they bolt up to the exhaust. Now with people welding them good luck considering there is no flex pipe you are stupid! Sorry blatant but this is true. I am going to be taking those connectors off putting some baby highflows behind them and having to do a custom exhaust cause cutting up my corsa is a sin. Guess I'll be listing a corsa soon enough. Sucks the car got wrecked and I have to deal with this **** now rather then next fall as I planned. Either way its a pain in the ***.
You act like it wrecked itself! You are in denial. Replace that line with, Sucks I can't handle all the power my car produces and I wrecked it. I will be more careful in the future and I will attend the Sears driving school.

lulz.....
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimmyHemroid
You act like it wrecked itself! You are in denial. Replace that line with, Sucks I can't handle all the power my car produces and I wrecked it. I will be more careful in the future and I will attend the Sears driving school.

lulz.....
I got ran off the road ***, hence someones insurance paid for my damages. Dont say what you dont know and tend to your hemorrhoids jimbo. Way to be a smartass instead of chiming in about the headers

Quick Reply: Those of you with Pacesetter headers please chime in