Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Oil C0oler for LS2 CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Troll Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts (thebigjmsho, JimmyHemroid, AND Junior1))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
LULZ: a popular catchphrase used to express that one carried out a specific action for the sake of personal comic enjoyment. This is sometimes used to to explain why one has posted offensive, far-fetched or disgusting contents on image boards and discussion forums.

Da troof.

bu bu wana cracker?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cadzila
bu bu wana cracker?
lulz......
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, cad zilla is a dick. that was a funny read!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
wow, cad zilla is a dick. that was a funny read!
I said he was "still" a dick and it wasn't meant to be funny. You got a dog in this fight Tim?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
I said he was "still" a dick and it wasn't meant to be funny. You got a dog in this fight Tim?

Ummm....I own a 06 CTS-v? Well, I get to make payments on it, the wife gets to drive it. Does that count? If not, I also helped do the work on Justin's CTS-v from around here. It's a Black 05 with maggie 112 and a cam that makes 500 without the nitrous? I think he's on the other caddy forum?

For the record, we don't run an oil cooler on it (lame attempt to get back to the original topic). Gooch's doesnt have a cooler either.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Ummm....I own a 06 CTS-v? Well, I get to make payments on it, the wife gets to drive it. Does that count? If not, I also helped do the work on Justin's CTS-v from around here. It's a Black 05 with maggie 112 and a cam that makes 500 without the nitrous? I think he's on the other caddy forum?

For the record, we don't run an oil cooler on it (lame attempt to get back to the original topic). Gooch's doesnt have a cooler either.
lulz......
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Default Oil Cooler options

Ok, I see I have some questions to address, and opinions that are just that.

I recall about 210 or so for oil temps on a long trip in the summer. I normally see about 190 in town driving. I dont run the car hard all the time, but I didnt buy a V to drive like a old ladies either.

I want to keep oil temps down just to help extend oil life, prevent thinning and loss of oil pressure with extended driving as the temp creaps up (hotter fluid is thinner)

That said, the car just got Kooks 1 3/4 headers installed. I think the lingenfelter oil cooler adapter will fit. Rough eduguesimate.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to source a kit or had a parts list form a previouos install.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Default Oil Cooler options

I recall about 210 or so for oil temps on a long trip in the summer. I normally see about 190 in town driving. I dont run the car hard all the time, but I didnt buy a V to drive like a old ladies either.

I want to keep oil temps down just to help extend oil life, prevent thinning and loss of oil pressure with extended driving as the temp creaps up (hotter fluid is thinner)

That said, the car just got Kooks 1 3/4 headers installed. I think the lingenfelter oil cooler adapter will fit. Rough eduguesimate.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to source a kit or had a parts list from a previouos install.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
DxB

Originally Posted by slowlaneblues06
Has anyone here added an oil cooler to their V?

I found where Lingenefelter sells adapter plates that bolt on to the block, but can not find a hose and cooler kit.

Any ideas, suggestions?

I am asking because I take the car on longer road trips, like from North Alabama to Little Rock, Dayton, OH, Detroit, MI. FL beaches etc. and have noticed higher oil temps with steady driving, eninge and trans, but thats another story, tried to get one from dealer and part discontinued.

D3 sell an oil cooler kit for $1,295. there are other kits available too for the diff and trans. As for the diff, there's also a kit from GM contact your dealer about it part# 15793756.

I hope I helped
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to source a kit or had a parts list from a previouos install.
The whole problems has been that no one has really found an oil cooler adapter that will fit with Kooks. I have tried several including he Lingenfelter and Mocal. I have not yet seen a desirable set up with Kooks and an adapter plate. It just doesnt fit and I have yet to see one that does. That Being said, I have a set up that works but it requires a remote oil filter setup. Mine is located under the fender liner. Not the best setup for a street only car. I do track my car every summer and oil temps are an issue.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

OK, while I have not bought the parts or done the install for that matter, I think I found the solution.

The link below is to improved racing's website. somebody finall made a thin adapter for the LS engines. This combined with 8 or 10 AN fittings, 10 feet of line and your oil cooler of choice, should be a pieced together kit for the CTS-V

BTW, found this in a thread on the GEN IV internal section.

http://www.improvedracing.com/adapte...gine-p-68.html
Old 02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

OK, while I have not bought the parts or done the install for that matter, I think I found the solution.

The link below is to improved racing's website. somebody finall made a thin adapter for the LS engines. This combined with 8 or 10 AN fittings, 10 feet of line and your oil cooler of choice, should be a pieced together kit for the CTS-V

BTW, found this in a thread on the GEN IV internal section.

http://www.improvedracing.com/adapte...gine-p-68.html
That one I haven't tried. It must be new. Nice find. Let us know how you make out.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found this oil cooler adapter for limited clearance. Might help.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...r-adapter.html

Quick Reply: Oil C0oler for LS2 CTS-V