Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

The Cadillac Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Cadillac Challenge

Let's Race!

Los Angeles CA, January 20, 2012, CadillacRace.com announces the launch of the Cadillac Challenge, a 9 race Cadillac-only race series.

The Cadillac Challenge is the first and only race series exclusively for Cadillac. The Cadillac Challenge Race Series runs 9 events throughout 2012 spanning iconic race tracks such as Laguna Seca, Infineon Raceway, California Speedway, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Buttonwillow Raceway, Willow Springs Raceway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

“This is going to be a very exciting series.” Says Aaron Bitterman of Speedventures, Its a well-known fact by now that Cadillac’s are strong performance contenders, strong enough that they are challenging most super-sport cars that are on the road today. The Cadillac Challenge will strive to provide a race series that will allow both spectators and competitors the chance to see what the true potential is of one of America’s top luxury manufacturers.

The Cadillac Challenge will award prizes for both individual races as well as a trophy winner at the end of the season. The purse each race will be comprised of $20 from every entry as well as $250 from our premier sponsor The D3 Group.dum This purse will go to whoever obtains the fastest lap time each event, making for cash winnings throughout the season.

We know there are some fast Cadillacs out there and we want to see them at the tracks in action. If you have a Ctsv and want to see what the true level of performance is with your v, this event/series is for you.

Please check out the event website www.cadillacrace.com.

Here is a teaser video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0LzNqhVjJI&sns=em

Happy motoring!

Dex
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like someone is beating off in the backround of that video..... kinda creepy
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Launching!

^lmao
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that was me
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Ill be at the second one at chuckawalla
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Chuckawalla... you kids sure do have some funny names for masturbation.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Troll Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts (thebigjmsho, JimmyHemroid, AND Junior1))

Originally Posted by jweymar
Ill be at the second one at chuckawalla
A racetrack in Desert Center? Have you ever been to Desert Center?

Dust Bowl...The armpit of calif. Its a **** stop/driver change on the way to river/havasu.

Great place for a racetrack!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Troll Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts (thebigjmsho, JimmyHemroid, AND Junior1))

Originally Posted by Cadillac Race
Let's Race!

Los Angeles CA, January 20, 2012, CadillacRace.com announces the launch of the Cadillac Challenge, a 9 race Cadillac-only race series.

The Cadillac Challenge is the first and only race series exclusively for Cadillac. The Cadillac Challenge Race Series runs 9 events throughout 2012 spanning iconic race tracks such as Laguna Seca, Infineon Raceway, California Speedway, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Buttonwillow Raceway, Willow Springs Raceway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

“This is going to be a very exciting series.” Says Aaron Bitterman of Speedventures, Its a well-known fact by now that Cadillac’s are strong performance contenders, strong enough that they are challenging most super-sport cars that are on the road today. The Cadillac Challenge will strive to provide a race series that will allow both spectators and competitors the chance to see what the true potential is of one of America’s top luxury manufacturers.

The Cadillac Challenge will award prizes for both individual races as well as a trophy winner at the end of the season. The purse each race will be comprised of $20 from every entry as well as $250 from our premier sponsor The D3 Group.dum This purse will go to whoever obtains the fastest lap time each event, making for cash winnings throughout the season.

We know there are some fast Cadillacs out there and we want to see them at the tracks in action. If you have a Ctsv and want to see what the true level of performance is with your v, this event/series is for you.

Please check out the event website www.cadillacrace.com.

Happy motoring!

Dex

Thinking seriously about doing this but having some trouble trying to register.
Hopefully you can help me out Dex. Here are my concerns,
The Cadillac Challenge website says this in the FAQ:

"Can I enter if I have never raced a day in my life?"
"Yes, there will be driving instruction available should you wish to participate and learn. Please visit speedventures.com for more information on driver training. "

So I went to Speed Ventures website to register as a first time "beginner" and I was only allowed to sign up for Saturday (white group) events and not Sunday.
This is a problem because of thisalso from the cadillac challenge site)

"If the event is a two day event, the official times that will be used to determine who has the quickest time will be from the Sunday of the event rather than the Saturday of the event "

All the events seem to be 2+ day events..

Next item is the rules. The Cadillac Challenge website says:
"The Cadillac Challenge Series runs within SpeedVentures Time Attack Format. For SpeedVentures full rules please click here."

But fails to say which rules and classing they will use. The CADILLAC CHALLENGE link on Speed Ventures website says nothing. The "Rules & Classing" link is DEAD! They do state however that:

“Tuner & Shop” cars, or anything else that is outright unfair to compete against regular cars will not be eligible for the purse. This way you wont have to worry about racing any “Supercars.”

So how does this work? Prize money goes to the highest finishing
NON-TUNER/SHOP/UNFAIR car? I just want to be clear on the money and if a guy has the 3rd or 4th fastest time he can still get first place money if the cars ahead of him are "TUNER/SHOP" cars.
On that subject, what about champinship points? Will the shop/tuner cars earn points for the overall champenship?

One last thing, the speed ventures registration makes no mention of the Cadillac Challenge when you sign up.
Help me out Dex!

Fontana is in 2 weeks!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

I'd kill all you guys on the track...if I wasn't in MA...

Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

We can tell u have driving skills by what ur V1 looks like
Old 02-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Launching!

I noticed the same non mention on Speedventures site. If you call speedventures they can fill you in, they are pretty cool.

Chuckawalla is a little tight for our cars but it is a fun track, you should go. I think Big Willow is a perfect track for our cars, Ill be at that one for sure...
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

No East Coast love.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by wcryan
lmao
Old 02-15-2012, 02:34 AM

Hi,
I tried to answer your questions below.

Originally Posted by Cadzila
Thinking seriously about doing this but having some trouble trying to register.
Hopefully you can help me out Dex. Here are my concerns,
The Cadillac Challenge website says this in the FAQ:

"Can I enter if I have never raced a day in my life?"
"Yes, there will be driving instruction available should you wish to participate and learn. Please visit speedventures.com for more information on driver training. "

So I went to Speed Ventures website to register as a first time "beginner" and I was only allowed to sign up for Saturday (white group) events and not Sunday.
This is a problem because of thisalso from the cadillac challenge site)

- don't worry about that as its the default for the registration page. After you register we can move you around to the appropriate run groups and days.

"If the event is a two day event, the official times that will be used to determine who has the quickest time will be from the Sunday of the event rather than the Saturday of the event "

All the events seem to be 2+ day events..

- the "official" times will be used from the second day. Keep in mind that Saturday is optional.

Next item is the rules. The Cadillac Challenge website says:
"The Cadillac Challenge Series runs within SpeedVentures Time Attack Format. For SpeedVentures full rules please click here."

But fails to say which rules and classing they will use. The CADILLAC CHALLENGE link on Speed Ventures website says nothing. The "Rules & Classing" link is DEAD! They do state however that:

- The final rules should be up by the end of the week. The complete breakdown will be listed in the rules.

“Tuner & Shop” cars, or anything else that is outright unfair to compete against regular cars will not be eligible for the purse. This way you wont have to worry about racing any “Supercars.”

So how does this work? Prize money goes to the highest finishing
NON-TUNER/SHOP/UNFAIR car? I just want to be clear on the money and if a guy has the 3rd or 4th fastest time he can still get first place money if the cars ahead of him are "TUNER/SHOP" cars.

- This to will be covered in the rules. The idea is to keep a level playing fields and for Cadillac drivers to enjoy themselves amongst fellow Cadillac enthusiasts.

On that subject, what about champinship points? Will the shop/tuner cars earn points for the overall champenship?

- If you have shop/tuner car you would go against other shop/tuner cars. The thought is that most tuner/shop cars will have more performance modifications than most privately owned vehicles. Again we want to keep it fair.

One last thing, the speed ventures registration makes no mention of the Cadillac Challenge when you sign up.
Help me out Dex!

This is a new program that is being rolled out. We are trying to hurry up and get everything on the website ASAP. Again if you register, we will move you around on the back end of the registration.

I hope that helps.

Dex

Fontana is in 2 weeks!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Race
Hi,
I tried to answer your questions below

- don't worry about that as its the default for the registration page. After you register we can move you around to the appropriate run groups and days.

- the "official" times will be used from the second day. Keep in mind that Saturday is optional.

- The final rules should be up by the end of the week. The complete breakdown will be listed in the rules.

- This to will be covered in the rules. The idea is to keep a level playing fields and for Cadillac drivers to enjoy themselves amongst fellow Cadillac enthusiasts.

- If you have shop/tuner car you would go against other shop/tuner cars. The thought is that most tuner/shop cars will have more performance modifications than most privately owned vehicles. Again we want to keep it fair.

This is a new program that is being rolled out. We are trying to hurry up and get everything on the website ASAP. Again if you register, we will move you around on the back end of the registration.

I hope that helps.

Dex

Fontana is in 2 weeks!
OK DEX, I registered (and paid) for the Fontana event Feb 25-26, BUT as I said in my first post, The speed ventures registration WOULD NOT allow me to register for SUNDAYS event. Only SATURDAY. So if thats cool with you then i'm cool with it!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cadzila
OK DEX, I registered (and paid) for the Fontana event Feb 25-26, BUT as I said in my first post, The speed ventures registration WOULD NOT allow me to register for SUNDAYS event. Only SATURDAY. So if thats cool with you then i'm cool with it!
Got it! We will take care of it. See you at the track!

Happy motoring

- Dex
Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by wcryan
What you takin bout d00d?

Quick Reply: The Cadillac Challenge