Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

?? about ride quality with H&R springs ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like they are softer than factory. I Love the way it looks but with my new wheels the back scrubs anytime I have a passenger (yes, even just one in the front seat) or under hard load. Although, I still need to roll my rear fenders....

Last edited by MylesF7; 02-20-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

H&R with MM and like it. I'm on stock shocks for now but plan to upgrade shocks in the future.
Attached Thumbnails ?? about ride quality with H&R springs ??-269769_1899228121954_1279190996_31725027_7294014_n.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Launching!

I dont know why anybody would even bother trying to run a lowered car when their roads are absolute **** quality... I've been running the MM/HR setup for well over a year and a half now with ZERO issues whatsoever. Most of the roads here in the Phoenix/Tempe/Sdale area are in VERY VERY good shape though. And I go out of my way to avoid roads that I know are questionable.. Bottom line is, you can NOT expect to drive a car with barely more than 3" of ground clearance the same way you'd drive a car that has 5" plus..
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
I dont know why anybody would even bother trying to run a lowered car when their roads are absolute **** quality... I've been running the MM/HR setup for well over a year and a half now with ZERO issues whatsoever. Most of the roads here in the Phoenix/Tempe/Sdale area are in VERY VERY good shape though. And I go out of my way to avoid roads that I know are questionable.. Bottom line is, you can NOT expect to drive a car with barely more than 3" of ground clearance the same way you'd drive a car that has 5" plus..
That is all true. Coming from lowered cars and now that I'm on the V, I miss the low stance but have felt really spoiled being able to drive comfortably and without the fear of putting a hole in a header, not to mention small alignment issues. Luckily the stock stance of the V looks great in my opinion with the rear slightly higher than the front, looks aggressive enough for me. If it were a summer only car, I'd probably drop it on some Vogtlands if I could find them. I avoid H&R.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

H&R and MM spacers were a little too low for me on the **** roads here in Seattle and the grips of audio gear weighing down my trunk so I moved to Coilovers for a slightly higher ride. If we had smooth roads up here I would have loved the setup, ride was stiff of course but not terrible by any means.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
EnV
Teching In

I don't know how people are having rubbing issues on stock wheels... I'm on H&R's (No MM's) and Forgestar's and even over VERY large bumps I do not rub at all with stock fenders.

As for the ride quality, the springs are very soft. They look good (I wish they were a LITTLE lower in the rear) but I have a feeling I will be moving to coilovers in the future.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

are our stock springs linear or progressive?

Has anybody tried cutting 1/2 or 3/4 coil off the stock springs? (I assume not) It might sound ghetto, but many people do it (on other cars) and when done correctly, have had good results. This could be an alternative for someone who wants to lower the car .5"-1", not 2" like the H&R's do, and cant spend the coin on coilovers.

Just got to take a little off at a time, once you cut too much off your screwed (and will be buying new springs).
Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Mighty Mouse's original threads (maybe on another forum) had discussions about cut springs. Many have done it, but scary because cut ends are not square and can pop out. Once i read it happened to someones V, i was like F that.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8URSVT
are our stock springs linear or progressive?

Has anybody tried cutting 1/2 or 3/4 coil off the stock springs? (I assume not) It might sound ghetto, but many people do it (on other cars) and when done correctly, have had good results. This could be an alternative for someone who wants to lower the car .5"-1", not 2" like the H&R's do, and cant spend the coin on coilovers.

Just got to take a little off at a time, once you cut too much off your screwed (and will be buying new springs).
our stock springs our progressive hence the change in spring diameter and coil spacing. I don't know of any car that came with linear springs from the factory, the average person would consider them too harsh.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mighty Mouse told me he only ran cut springs when I bought the spacers from him.

As for rubbing I had major rubbing issues on my drivers side front, completely tore apart the plastic inner wheel fender and almost shredded my tire, have no idea why!

Quick Reply: ?? about ride quality with H&R springs ??