Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Using the washer fluid tank for Meth Injection

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012 | 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
Why give it up? Just use 50/50 mix and you can inject it and spray it on your windshield.

OP I am going to use mine when I get around to installing it. The only potential problem I thought of is the pump not being lower than the tank. Although I believe its close enough not to matter. Twitch is using his ww tank for meth.
Also what nozzle size did you buy?
Old 02-20-2012 | 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

make sure you do the
Old 02-20-2012 | 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
isnt using just meth good on a procharged car, why run a mix?
I believe the water helps cool the change and in cylinder cooling. The methanol is used to "increase octane" allowing you to advance the timing.

found this thread helpful: http://forums.evolutionm.net/water-a...50-50-mix.html

Last edited by Onefast V; 02-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2012 | 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Water is good for preventing pre-ignition. It cools the combustion chamber and physical parts helping to eliminate hot spots. It also absorbs some of the peak heat during combustion helping cool everything as well.
Add too much water and you will blow out the flame front causing mis-fires. My basic description is, using 100% water you need a lot of "heat" By heat I mean boost and or compression. Using water on a low compression and moderate boost motor can be tricky.

Methanol is good for adding real octane numbers and cooling the inlet track. Methanol will evaporate to a lower temperature in the inlet track than water lowering the effective IAT. Methanol burns cooler and slower than gasoline helping cool the EGT's as well. Many tuners will find it's easier to make quick power on straight methanol, as the greater BTU release, increased octane, lower IAT and EGT all lead to power increases.

50/50 is the best of both worlds.
Old 02-20-2012 | 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Have you found a location for mounting the pump yet? I haven't really looks to see how much room is there.
I haven't. I have been dragging my feet on this one because I'm hesitant to pick up a 55 gallon drum of ww fluid...Basically I'm hesitant to go all in just yet. Perhaps this week though...

Also what nozzle size did you buy?
It was a used kit so I'm really not sure. Sorry I'm of little help just yet.
Old 02-20-2012 | 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmargo
Water is good for preventing pre-ignition. It cools the combustion chamber and physical parts helping to eliminate hot spots. It also absorbs some of the peak heat during combustion helping cool everything as well.
Add too much water and you will blow out the flame front causing mis-fires. My basic description is, using 100% water you need a lot of "heat" By heat I mean boost and or compression. Using water on a low compression and moderate boost motor can be tricky.

Methanol is good for adding real octane numbers and cooling the inlet track. Methanol will evaporate to a lower temperature in the inlet track than water lowering the effective IAT. Methanol burns cooler and slower than gasoline helping cool the EGT's as well. Many tuners will find it's easier to make quick power on straight methanol, as the greater BTU release, increased octane, lower IAT and EGT all lead to power increases.

50/50 is the best of both worlds.
Excellent post. Another consideration is that not only is pure methanol hard and expensive to come by its also flammable and exposed in your engine bay. To run pure methanol correctly you are no longer looking at just the plastic lines most kits come with.
Old 02-20-2012 | 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I run 75M/25W utilizing the hose from the kit. Anything you get from a WI company "should" be 100% meth capable. I run a Aquamist system which is 100% capable. I also get my meth in 5 gallon drums which makes storage easier.
Howerton offers their kit with AN lines but it is not necessary as you can see from my picture.
Old 02-20-2012 | 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Lots of good info regarding meth injection in the forced induction section, the replies you get here are limited because not many CTS-V's are running meth. Do a little research over there and decide what is best for you.

I'm running alky control and 100% meth, with a 4 gallon tank in my trunk. Take my advice, don't have the package shipped to your office.... It comes in a box labeled "alky control" which is sure to raise a few eyebrows, LMAO!
Old 02-20-2012 | 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey OP, I see you may be somewhat local. You should come down to Fairfield/Vacaville and see all the options available for WI and tanks.
Old 02-20-2012 | 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Where in fairfield is this methanol tank place?
Old 02-21-2012 | 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be doing this soon. Aquamist kit was recommended by my shop as a top notch kit. They have done a couple already so let's see what they come up with
Old 02-21-2012 | 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where in fairfield is this methanol tank place?
Actually Vacaville.
http://howertonengineering.com/contact-us/

He is by appt only so you need to call first. Tell him Jason sent you and maybe we can meet up at his shop.
Old 02-21-2012 | 04:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GulfM3
It comes in a box labeled "alky control" which is sure to raise a few eyebrows, LMAO!
Lol.
Old 02-22-2012 | 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

alky kit here, but everything I've ever raid said to run 100% meth no water...

Quick Reply: Using the washer fluid tank for Meth Injection