Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

v1 racing seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

how old are you?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont see where thats relevant. im just here to get a few helpful ideas your childish attempt at humor is no more then a inconvenience. have a good day and please leave the thread.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Troll Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts (thebigjmsho, JimmyHemroid, AND Junior1))

Originally Posted by RADEoN
honestly, this is ******* ridiculous.

I love my V. I love ******* with it, modding it, and making it faster. As a matter of fact, I have a trunk full of **** to do a cam swap, heads, lifters, rocker arms, etc. sitting in my V right now. I have longtube headers, catless connectors, an X pipe, and hollow mufflers. My exhaust, as of today, is loud. I plan on keeping my car for the rest of my life. This being said, when you think you need to put racing seats and 4-5 point harnesses in a Cadillac, in place of the firm, yet comfortable, heated leather seats, its time to move onto a different car/platform. The V is a practical 4 door sedan, with some pretty good power, a six speed, and an independent rear. It's also pretty heavy, and has features like Stabilitrak to keep you planted and stuck to the road around bends. Can you take the car to the drag strip to have fun? **** yeah you can. It's a blast. Does this mean the CTS-V is supposed to be a drag car with racing seats and harnesses? No.

It's supposed to be whatever he wants it to be. It's his car dude, can't he build the way he wants? This is starting to sound like cf. if you don't like what hes doing,
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cadzila
It's supposed to be whatever he wants it to be. It's his car dude, can't he build the way he wants? This is starting to sound like cf. if you don't like what hes doing,
This is pretty much what I was thinking.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

So I guess I need to get the rest of my build typed up and emailed over to him so he can approve that for me too
Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

no, but if you like, i can teach you how to not make a CTS-V into a ricer.

BTW, Cadzila is a troll, it's not CadziLLa. Most of his posts here are the exact opposite of what other people say, mainly to get a reaction. I mean I don't care what you do to your car, but just don't cry when you look like a tool.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Haha look like a tool? Look at yourself right now. On a forum tryin to dictate what's wrong and what's right to do to a car. Damn I'm glad I didn't buy the new v that already has recap racing seats in it. I wouldn't wanna be a ricer!

Glad your caught up in tryin to please the masses. Bc I could honestly give a **** what you or anybody thinks about my car. That's why it's mine and not yours. Asking for general ideas and opinions ain't a crime. Now once again I've got more important ahit to do then read your whinny *** on my thread. So please get off it.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Launching!

I have harnesses for road courses, they are awesome, and seats are in the future.

We can all have opinions and preferences, I personally love seeing varying interpretations of our Vs. Several changes have taken place to my V because of a project which completely differed from mine yet induced a broadening of perspective. I say state yput opinion but dont assert your beliefs onto others
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

it would be cool to see some sort of 4pt harness bar built for these cars. i'm a skinny guy, and i do not feel these seats are nearly supportive enough for the cornering capabilities of these cars (especially modded). But that's an opinion for personal comfort, i like to feel wedged in place.

Of course, I also just got out of an older gen STi, which has small sporty seats, perfect for small guys like myself. It's important to undertand not all of us are the typical 200+ lb guy that takes up an entire seat.

all that being said, i belive there is some sort of seat belt locker which is very effective for autox or road racing courses.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Old 03-09-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well said sir. Well said
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
the v1 needs proper seats tho..

cranked needs to get on his project .. winter is almost over
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ct-pics-2.html

I'm getting there.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those seats you got there are great looking man. Hope you don't mind me stealing the look from ya. An if ya don't mind me asking where did you pick them up from?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 04Vguy
Those seats you got there are great looking man. Hope you don't mind me stealing the look from ya. An if ya don't mind me asking where did you pick them up from?
They are the Sparco Chrono Road. They recline which is what I want for a car I will be driving on the street. Try Saferacer or do a google search for the best deals. They are a very popular seat. Good luck!
PS If you are less than 200lbs get the medium seat. The normal seat is fairly big and even though it is well bolstered it is not a tight fit. They are pretty light as well. You should lose 75lbs or more from the total weight of the car.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya before my thread got jacked that's what I was looking for. A nice comfortable seat that'll hold my *** on place that can be road tripped bc it's not Gunna be a trailer queen. I appreciate man and good lookin car btw

Quick Reply: v1 racing seats?